Are the hit effects really that distracting?

NightAntilli

They're not as distracting as in Dimensions because they're more transparent or dusty so to speak. In Dimensions they were yellow flashes that were really annoying. I turned them off first, but, it felt like the CB effect was missing, so I turned it back on and I don't even notice them being there anymore, except the CB one xD

Sett

It was automatically set to off so I didn't bother with it. Turned it on once found it pointless.

Brute

Standard Donor
I hate them. Turned them off instantly.

That said, as long they're optional as they are now, I have no problem with them.

Fome

It's great that the game provides the option of disabling hit sparks. In Tekken, you just have to deal with that awful red shit (blood splatter? embers?) and the assorted electricity, dragon-shaped explosion, etc. Then again, removing hit sparks in Tekken would probably expose just how wonky the hit detection can be.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's great that the game provides the option of disabling hit sparks. In Tekken, you just have to deal with that awful red shit (blood splatter? embers?) and the assorted electricity, dragon-shaped explosion, etc. Then again, removing hit sparks in Tekken would probably expose just how wonky the hit detection can be.
It doesn't do a good job at hiding it in the first place.

loralei

Usually I don't like hit effects in my games, way to distracting. Especially Dimensions. Soul Calibur does pull it off nicely though.

Chaos

NNNOPPE not at all but when I saw them on DOAD at first I thought it look fucking retarded but now they look pretty awesome. :)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I personally think they're awesome ..
I don't find them distracting at all ...

with or without them doesn't bother me ... but I'd rather have them on
without them the game just feels .. I dunno ... dry ..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD