Are you happy with Last Round?

Do you like the direction Last Round is taking?

• Right now I'm worried about the lasting appeal of Last Round.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • So, far everything looks good, and I'm content with what I'm seeing from Last Round.

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Where is Zack's wall throw? Like the skateboarding one. Y'all know it. Better yet, make it his :9::H+P:. Would be fun to use. And does passive damage, like Tina's neck break ground throw.
Give him back his Stunner Throw from DOA3 (:4::H+P:). I'll be happy with Zack then, along with some returning moves from previous DOAs.

Also, in MASTER's rant, he mentioned how he liked the old stage transitions and how DOA5's looks kinda dull. I agree with this completely, and they should bring it back. But it would be even more dynamic if it would happen if you knock the enemy down the cliff and it would have a slower, more classic camera angle at KO or when it is guaranteed to make you go to half health.

Well it's good they're offering it as a free update to 5U users because I definitely wasn't going to buy it. They need to release balance proposals or info about the new characters because the game doesn't look interesting AT ALL right now.
They never release balance info when a new iteration is going to be released. That's something we do as a community. New characters: Yeah, they need to show at least one of them by now.

Overall, I'm fine with what TN are showing, we just need a little bit more to be shown to make a proper verdict in the near future.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Old stage transitions were indeed superior. One of my favorite things about the old version of lost world is that the camera chased the person all the way down to the bottom after they fell. The only time it does this now is during an izuna. Same thing for Lorelei.

The small room in Crimson I think was actually smart to get rid of. It would be an inescapable killbox for people like Hayabusa/Genfu. That's a bit too much given the way the game currently works. It would be nice if they had put in another area to compensate, but I'm guessing they ran out of time.

I don't believe there is any marketing strategy behind the stages being exclusive. There isn't any technical reason they can't be on all consoles either -- they made DOA 5 work on the vita for crying out loud.

I'm getting vibes on this title that the team is spread really thin between projects and probably weren't given much time at all for actual development. Which is a shame, really. We shouldn't have to ban stages because somebody at the office wasn't given a week to implement lower resolution textures on the exclusive stages.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Old stage transitions were indeed superior. One of my favorite things about the old version of lost world is that the camera chased the person all the way down to the bottom after they fell. The only time it does this now is during an izuna. Same thing for Lorelei.

The small room in Crimson I think was actually smart to get rid of. It would be an inescapable killbox for people like Hayabusa/Genfu. That's a bit too much given the way the game currently works. It would be nice if they had put in another area to compensate, but I'm guessing they ran out of time.

I don't believe there is any marketing strategy behind the stages being exclusive. There isn't any technical reason they can't be on all consoles either -- they made DOA 5 work on the vita for crying out loud.

I'm getting vibes on this title that the team is spread really thin between projects and probably weren't given much time at all for actual development. Which is a shame, really. We shouldn't have to ban stages because somebody at the office wasn't given a week to implement lower resolution textures on the exclusive stages.
If they did decide to include the Hidden Room again, there should be a way to get back out once you have been knocked in. The electrical generators that they put in to replace the room should have the massive launch from scramble.
cc2b157504.jpg
I also have a feeling that this game will only have 2 new stages from the get-go, but LOADS of DLC stages for free, because like you said, there seems to be like an allocated slot of time to develop this game.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I hope they don't fuck over the majority of people who go to tournaments and or themselves by making the new stages next gen only. Whats the fucking point? Those will only get banned anyways because the vast majority of people wont have it on PS4. I wont have it for next gen if the netcode is bad, I was not bullshitting about what I said in that thread I made a few weeks ago. I REALLY hope they are just keeping everything a secret but something tells me that they aren't.

We supported this game, not the casuals. They were too ashamed for the most part to deal with the shit that gets flung on this game. We the fans deserve better dammit!

Give us usable netcode!
Give us parity across different platforms(as much as possible at least).
Give us usable characters and stages that aren't tired ass rehashes from 15 fucking years ago.
Give us a reason to be hype.

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
Team Ninja knows what we, the actual PLAYERS want, but they constantly fuck us over with half-assed bullshit. "You want a better netcode? Well too bad! Here, take a titty mouse pad and more bikinis!" Like for real!?

Tom Lee and Yasushi Tani actually listened to our concerns at TFC, so it may not be TN's fault all on its own, it's definitely Koei Tecmo. They're cheap. They only listen to perverts. Japan everybody. Japan. I've grown to love this game, but the company who runs it can kiss my black asscheeks.

Shiranui

I wonder what will happen when they announce DOA6 only for new generation someday. Because I guess old generation games will stop at some point, as happened to PS2 games when PS3 was released.

Personally, I'm totally excited for DOALR. When I bought a PS4 I sold my PS3 Injustice and bought its PS4 version. And it was exactly the same game (just a "complete edition" with DLC included). DoALR is having 2 characters extra, 2 stages extra, new costumes, new hairstyles and some other stuff also new (tag teams for newcomers, for example). So yeah, I think it's worthy to buy and that's what I'm going to do. Besides that, I'm really excited to play DOA in new generation.

Blazeincarnated

You can tell koei tecmo spends only so much on DOA5's development. I'm so sick of the cheap cost that goes into these Japanese made games...

werewolfgold

Tom Lee and Yasushi Tani actually listened to our concerns at TFC, so it may not be TN's fault all on its own, it's definitely Koei Tecmo. They're cheap. They only listen to perverts. Japan everybody. Japan. I've grown to love this game, but the company who runs it can kiss my black asscheeks.
But..., don't you mean your blank asscheeks?

...I'll be in my trailer.

LittlePrince-Helena

I wonder what will happen when they announce DOA6 only for new generation someday. Because I guess old generation games will stop at some point, as happened to PS2 games when PS3 was released.

Personally, I'm totally excited for DOALR. When I bought a PS4 I sold my PS3 Injustice and bought its PS4 version. And it was exactly the same game (just a "complete edition" with DLC included). DoALR is having 2 characters extra, 2 stages extra, new costumes, new hairstyles and some other stuff also new (tag teams for newcomers, for example). So yeah, I think it's worthy to buy and that's what I'm going to do. Besides that, I'm really excited to play DOA in new generation.
Same for me! Just for Xbox :)

DontForkWitMe

nope, what they've revealed so far isn't worth spending a single cent on. their promotion of the game has been atrocious which is especially pathetic when they're trying to sell the same game to people for a 3rd time focusing on pointless hair accessorizing, some new enhanced tit simulation and 2 new(old) stages no one asked for or give a shit about. Maybe when they actually reveal something for the game worthwhile i'll have more interest but for now im only getting it through core fighters

Kronin

The problem is not to release a game only on next gen, but to release a game with a fundamental feature cut off as the levels in the DoA series. Of course I'm glad that TN and TK decided to release part of the new contents even on the old gen too, but the stages are a so integral part of the gameplay that objectively maybe a better solution would have been to make of the game only a next gen exclusive instead to release a product lacking of them.

Even hoping for the opposite, I was sure that the version on the next gen would have presented exclusive features compared to the old one... but I would have never thought to the stages as one of such features.

David Gregg

I think what may have happened also is that TN realizes this is the third DOA5 console version that they've made and that last gen players who already own 5U don't want to have to buy it again. So offering a free update was a nice idea. However, there is absolutely no way a simple update could handle the 2 new stages so that's when they called it quits.

So do you guys think that was the right move? Or should they have just made only a paid version including all of the content from the PS4/X1 version with a downgrade in graphics on the new stages? I think they only would have benefited from doing it this way as I would buy both the 360 and PS4 version (whereas now I'm only buying one).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's mostly a content update in line with most arcade updates. Happens to also be a good reason to bring the game to new platforms. Since my main concern is having the game on a current gen console, I'm more than happy. I would have paid for Ultimate in its current form with some graphical updates to be perfectly honest. I want to play all of my games on a single console and that's all I care for.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The new stages won't be on last gen consoles due to memory limitations.
https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/600516496719106?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me

Which is basically a non-excuse. All they had to do to solve the memory issue was bump the texture size down like every single other stage. Neither Crimson nor Dangerzone are particularly large compared to existing stages. This problem isn't even a real one -- it's manufactured.

So if anyone cares about my opinion regarding Last Round... yes, I'm excited to an extent because of possible gameplay changes, but I am not content at all with what has been offered so far. The next-gen graphics bump isn't as good as it could or should be, and while I am indeed happy to see Crimson and Dangerzone I would be expecting a lot more stage content for that price tag. I'm here to play a fighting game, not barbie.

Kronin

Like I said more times I'm sure that later will come new stages as DLC and, even being free, in quality of exclusivity of the current generation of console will be right to include them as part of the game's price.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD