Ask me anything.

TwiztidRaven

3. No, I just played a lot of FF8 back in the day. In fact it was one of the first games I hijacked the "big tv" in our family room for when I was a kid. The intro alone justified it at the time. The Seed exam segment didn't exactly detract from my justification.
Consider yourself loved by me for the rest of your natural life.

My (Phimy) Do

Some would say its a poor answer, and a sure sign of a doomed individual who is going nowhere in life lol. But I am who I am and that's all that I am. I've no cause to feel bad about it and no reason
Well as long as you're happy with yourself and happy in life thats all that matters :p IMO.

TakedaZX

1. I wanted my friend to learn to play DOA5 like I do, but it sprung us into an argument which ended with my locked out of our house after I went raged out because of his assholish comments over a 16-2 scoreboard(me 16, him 2), and it's not just today, it's EVERY time I play a fighting game with him. What do I even do about that?

2. Am I biting off more than I can chew by trying to play Eliot in this installment of DOA?

3. Do you think DOA should eventually have a "create your own character" option.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
1. I wanted my friend to learn to play DOA5 like I do, but it sprung us into an argument which ended with my locked out of our house after I went raged out because of his assholish comments over a 16-2 scoreboard(me 16, him 2), and it's not just today, it's EVERY time I play a fighting game with him. What do I even do about that?

2. Am I biting off more than I can chew by trying to play Eliot in this installment of DOA?

3. Do you think DOA should eventually have a "create your own character" option.

1. Based on what I just read from the other thread, I'll say this... sounds like anger issues. Some from you, some from him. Not anything wrong with that, lord knows a ton of us have them. I'd just avoid putting yourself in that situation honestly. Or do like I used to and medicate yourself to so that nothing bothers you anymore. Not always the answer though.

2. If you believe you are, then you are. If you believe you have not, you have not. Your own perception of what you can potentially handle will either motivate or demotivate you from learning a character correctly.

3. I am fine with eventual customization of existing characters. Create-a-character is usually a buggy mess however, and its a total resource hog for the dev team.

SilverForte

Do you enjoy any other fighters besides Dead or alive? I know I saw you playing soul cal with a pretty sweet Bayman Astaroth at one point.

And someone asked this before but I don't think you answered, but are you planning on making a Bayman guide at some point?

Oh, and how do you feel knowing bayman got his beret back?

TakedaZX

1. Based on what I just read from the other thread, I'll say this... sounds like anger issues. Some from you, some from him. Not anything wrong with that, lord knows a ton of us have them. I'd just avoid putting yourself in that situation honestly. Or do like I used to and medicate yourself to so that nothing bothers you anymore. Not always the answer though.

2. If you believe you are, then you are. If you believe you have not, you have not. Your own perception of what you can potentially handle will either motivate or demotivate you from learning a character correctly.

3. I am fine with eventual customization of existing characters. Create-a-character is usually a buggy mess however, and its a total resource hog for the dev team.
1. Makes sense... I was just hoping there was another way.

2. I actually like this answer a lot for some reason.

3. resource hog... meaning?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
3. resource hog... meaning?

Every game needs to be developed within a time limit, yes? Think of programmers as a resource to achieve that goal. Then think of the number of programmers it takes to engineer a create-a-fighter system. Then think of the art assets required to go along to customize it. Then think of all of the QA guys necessary to make sure that this new system doesn't break the old one.

Then recognize that create-a-character would probably end up getting banned at tournaments anyway due to hitbox wierdness or other probable glitches, which is typically the case with it in other fighters. And finally, think of all of the new stages, moves, and possibly legit characters that could be have been added to the game if all of those resources were not spent on create-a-character mode.

When you see it like that, then yea... it's a resource hog. If DOA 5 had a create-a-character mode, we would probably be looking at significantly less in the way of stages right now.

clockpenalty

1. Any particular reason why you were not at SB:Ascension?

2. Considering the recently discovered infinites, and the apparent preoccupation of the commentators at SB:A with apparently broken mechanics (66kk, dragon gunner, repeated ad nauseam even though actual players didn't seem to abuse them so much) what's your current gut feeling about the state of DOA's acceptance by the larger community?

3. What exactly could be done to cultivate a scene for the game and keep it alive? How will it be possible to have a constant stream of DOA5 related gameplay online a la persona 4, Virtua fighter 5 and other underdog games that have regular broadcasted content? What do they have that DOA doesn't?

4. Do you think Shimbori-san and hayashi-san were wrong to have given in to the fan requests for more boobs and sexiness? Do you have an opinion on that matter at all? Do you think it has undermined the "I'm a fighter" slogan of the game?

5. What is it about DOA and Soulcalibur that attracts the hottest female players (who actually do well at the game)? Isn't it a bit weird that both games happen to be the ones constantly under fire for treating their female characters badly?

Eh, I've overshot my question limit now.... the next one should be for mr. Wah actually but if you feel like answering it....

bonus: Any hope for the freestepdodge podcast's resurrection, now that DOA5 is released?

Tokkosho

what did you think of my Mila?
i still definitely need work but considering it's only a week after release, where should i improve?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Do you enjoy any other fighters besides Dead or alive? I know I saw you playing soul cal with a pretty sweet Bayman Astaroth at one point.

And someone asked this before but I don't think you answered, but are you planning on making a Bayman guide at some point?

Oh, and how do you feel knowing bayman got his beret back?

1. Soul Calibur I've invested a lot of time into. I like 2D fighters but I suck at them in general, and I like Tekken mechanics but I hate the feel of the movement.

2. I'm chipping away at Bayman, one thread at a time. Problem is that my general strategy evolves as time goes on, so its hard to tell everyone "Hey, play this way!" and then next week go "Hey! You're doing it wrong! Do it this way!"

3. A few ninjas will be spared his wrath. The schoolgirls are not out of the woods, though.

1. Any particular reason why you were not at SB:Ascension?

2. Considering the recently discovered infinites, and the apparent preoccupation of the commentators at SB:A with apparently broken mechanics (66kk, dragon gunner, repeated ad nauseam even though actual players didn't seem to abuse them so much) what's your current gut feeling about the state of DOA's acceptance by the larger community?

3. What exactly could be done to cultivate a scene for the game and keep it alive? How will it be possible to have a constant stream of DOA5 related gameplay online a la persona 4, Virtua fighter 5 and other underdog games that have regular broadcasted content? What do they have that DOA doesn't?

4. Do you think Shimbori-san and hayashi-san were wrong to have given in to the fan requests for more boobs and sexiness? Do you have an opinion on that matter at all? Do you think it has undermined the "I'm a fighter" slogan of the game?

5. What is it about DOA and Soulcalibur that attracts the hottest female players (who actually do well at the game)? Isn't it a bit weird that both games happen to be the ones constantly under fire for treating their female characters badly?

Eh, I've overshot my question limit now.... the next one should be for mr. Wah actually but if you feel like answering it....

bonus: Any hope for the freestepdodge podcast's resurrection, now that DOA5 is released?

1. I just got done with the launch party and was exhausted, and if I was going anywhere it'd be to Gill's.

2. More accepted than DOA 4 was, but that alone isn't saying much. I feel that this community should take what it can get, but it has to stand on its own two legs and grow internally as well.

3. People will have to get active and get inspired. Also, Team Ninja will have to get us a better netcode, cause what we've got here isn't gonna fly.

4. It isn't "wrong" to do what your fans want, no. I do believe that they overestimated the amount of feedback which was represented regarding bigger breasts, though. And honestly, I'm guessing around half of that feedback was simply sarcastic trolling that they took seriously as they don't really know the culture that well.

5. Tekken is a dark game with dark themes, dark characters, and a messed up sense of humor. Very little in the game aside from a few characters appeals to female gamers. DOA and SC are, in contrast, the exact opposite in most respects. Whether its simply because I'm from a different generation or something else, I don't see any reason to treat any player, male or female, poorly when they are trying their best.

6. Eventually.

what did you think of my Mila?
i still definitely need work but considering it's only a week after release, where should i improve?

It's looking good. Once you are in someones face you do well, but you could work on your distance game a bit more. There is no law that says you have to attack first, and Mila has very good movement.

FakeSypha

Can you take back what you said about Tomb Raider series early on this thread? if yes, will you do it, please?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD