Battle Royal [Aug 1, 2015] DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL (Tokyo, Japan)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
logo.png

TEAM NINJA TO HOST DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL – A
TOKYO-BASED EXHIBITION TOURNAMENT FOR TOP PLAYERS OF
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 LAST ROUND

Fan Vote to Determine Which Two North American Players Will Compete in Top 8 Finals of
DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL

BURLINGAME, Calif. – June 5, 2015 – Today KOEI TECMO and Team NINJA are proud to announce DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL, a one-day exhibition style tournament to be held in Tokyo, Japan for top players of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round. DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL will be streamed live on August 1, 2015 worldwide and will feature top players from North America, Europe, and Asia. Fans will determine by community vote which two of North America's top players will compete in the tournament's top eight finals alongside three top players from Europe and Asia, plus three winners from qualifier brackets earlier in the tournament.

This free entry tournament is open to all players from around the world, and a total of 5 international players will compete in and automatically qualify for the top eight finals at DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL. Utilizing points from this year's North American DEAD OR ALIVE tournament tour, BATTLE ROYAL 2015, two North American players will be determined to attend and compete at DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL by a DEAD OR ALIVE community vote from a total of eight qualifying players with the most points.
Tom Lee said:
The [US] vote will begin after ECT with the top 8 players who have the most points from our BR2015 tour. Voting will end and be tallied by the end of June. Players with the top 2 highest votes will win this trip to Tokyo.

Team NINJA will post the final top eight North American candidates on June 15, 2015 after the ECT (East Coast Throwdown) tournament has been completed. The names of the top eight players from Battle Royal 2015 will be posted on the Team NINJA social channels and will allow the community to cast their votes via select fighting game community (FGC) websites. Website information to cast votes will be announced after the ECT tournament results. The 2 winners with the most votes will be announced on July 3, 2015 via FGC website and Team NINJA social media pages.

To be held at Osaki Bright Core Hall in Tokyo, DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL will award a non-cash prize valued at $3,000 USD to first place. First and second places will also win a sponsored flight, hotel, and registration fee for the grand finals of Battle Royal 2015, NEC (Northeast Championships) XVI, which will take place in Philadelphia this December. Further details will be revealed at a later date.

DEAD OR ALIVE FESTIVAL will be streamed live from Japan on August 1, 2015. Streaming info will be announced at a later date. Interested fans are invited to Like the official DEAD OR ALIVE Facebook page for updates leading up to the tournament.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Tom Lee said:
The [US] vote will begin after ECT with the top 8 players who have the most points from our BR2015 tour. Voting will end and be tallied by the end of June. Players with the top 2 highest votes will win this trip to Tokyo.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Tom Lee said:
Folks still debating about the relevance of offline tournaments...? Support the scene and we'll support you back. Wanna see the DOA scene grow in a major way? Support the scene and watch what happens... It's up to you guys. Seriously.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I... will wait until ECT to post the current Top 8 of the BR2015 series. Right now, SonicFox and Kwiggle are in the lead.

Gehaktbal

Wait what!? Top "how many?" Of europe can go? How will these top players will be determened? Voting!? I hope it will be determened by a tournament. Man im hyped. Cant wait for more information!

Grimace

I'd totally go if I got voted in.

Hopefully my strong and consistent tournament results will put me ahead of the competition

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Damn I haven't gone to any tournaments this year. Due to medical complications :(

Sucks that you had to get points from BR. But I would like to see Calibur BladeZ......and maybe Sweet Revene or Emann. Mayybeee Kwiggle.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD