[Aug 12, 2012] DOA4 ONLINE Tournament Finale! Win DOA5a Demo and more! (XBOX LIVE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
@NukNuks: The correct term is "gypped" and it's a racial slur.

As for the lettering, it's only there to make it easier to move people around in the brackets as they win and lose. Not to assist with placing. All tournaments end up with ties for 5th, 7th, and so on. That's the way of things. Having a prize for fifth place was Manny's fault. There's no 6th place, regardless of record.

Arnell Long

True NkyNkys, your number may outweigh mines, but seeing as how I beat you, I guess it seems a bit right.

Regardless, we can either play for it, or you can let me take the official 5th spot bro?

No heart feelings at all, but it is what it is unfortunately because we can't control this turn of events...so what it'll be?

Zeo

If you guys end up playing for it, invite me, I want to watch that for sure.

ScattereDreams

Of course Zakkurye won lol, I figured he'd make it to grand finals. If players outside the U.S would have been allowed to play grand finals would have been Zakkurye vs. Gahaktabl.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
This isn't right at all.

First of all Arnell, GG's. Those were great matches. Truth is I'm not trying to play for the code when we both clearly got 5th.

How is it that we both place 5th and only one of us gets a code?

True, Arnell beat me on the 3rd match and put me in the losers bracket. Statistically speaking tho my tournament numbers outweigh his. My numbers were 4-2 with a 67% win percentage for the tourney. Nell 3-2 with a 60% win percentage for the tourney.

Cmon Master, you know you got an extra Alpha code laying around we can each have ;)

Master, you said your bracket program set up the results like this but I think you need to take a closer look. Look at the bracket lettering. There's a reason why it has lettering and why it puts you in alphabetical order. Your bracket program wouldn't put it there for nothing. The lettering is to set it up so it defines what place you get for tournament. My bracket alphabetized me as 'M' and Nell's is 'N' and that clearly puts me in 5th and Nell in 6th. Look at how the lettering alphabetizes and correctly places everyone 4th place and up for their placing.

Tournaments over. Results are what they are as the brackets get filled out. I did my part in this tournament, fought hard, and I'm getting jipped for my placing. Excuse me Arnell if it seems like I'm being a prude but I shouldn't have to take the wrong placing and I shouldn't have to play you for the code when I already did my part for this tourney.

I have a spare, I sent you a code.

MASTER

Standard Donor
After taking a closer look like NykNyks suggested (And after getting some much needed sleep) I have realized that the Tournament Program did exactly what it was suppose to do.

No one got "gypped" here. Arnell beat NykNyks in the tournament and regardless of NykNyks win average, the fact that he lost to Arnell is the reason NykNyks is placed lower than him. In any Major Tournament including sports or events like WCG, This is normal.

Arnell DID NOT get alphabetically placed higher by default either. Arnell was entered under his gamertag with the letter "O". As in "O ARNELL LONG O" (You can see this in the bracket). Had the tournament software arrange everyone alphabetically then he technically would have been lower than NykNyks. obviously this isn't the case.

Now Arnell was willing to fight for the prize anyway, which means he was actually being kind enough to give him a chance to win it. But again Arnell did not even have to do that based on the tournament bracket placing.

I'm glad to see Sorwah gave NykNyks a Code for the alpha demo anyway, However after looking closer at the bracket like suggested, I would have left the results as is.

I hope this explains everything a lot clearer. Thank you everyone for participating. It was an awesome event with a few hiccups from xbox live not let organizers or players connect but once we got it rolling, it was moving incredibly fast.

It was great to see everyone come together for this event! Only had 3 drop outs out of the tournament and some stand by's got to play after all. I've been getting a lot of thank you messages on xbox live but the real thanks goes out to the community and their involvement with the event. We appreciate the patience everyone had and we hope to see some of you at future ONLINE & OFFLINE events!

Special thanks to BEST, and Gill Hustle! You guys rocked it!

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Renarism

MAN! I wish I didn't work through this tournament! I would have been able to take out *cough* nevermind ...
Anyway, Not to happy with the results, but I guess that's online for ya... DOA5 here we come! ;)

~Renarism

NukNuks

Regardless of the results it was a great tourney and definitely a memorable one. One of my favorite DOA4 Online tourneys I've participated in. Shout outs go to all who I played, those who watched, Mr. Wah for hookin a brotha up with a DOA5 Alpha Code, Best & Gill for helping run the event, Master for hosting this event, and those at Team Ninja who watched us play. While my appeal wasn't in my favor, it is what it is.

I played through the whole tournament at work on my day off. I've been attempting to recruit my friends as a potential DOA players but so far those that have shown interest are mainly interested to watch and to hear my DOA story shenanigans lmao. And they did. I had a 10+ person drunk entourage with me whom waited inbetween matches with me, asked questions about the game, and cheered hella loud each time I won a round. It was fucking ILL.

All in all it was a fantastic tournament and a great experience. See yall for DOA5!

MASTER

Standard Donor
GRAND FINALS OFFICIALLY UPLOADED. Another Tournament Announcement in the video! Check it out and what are your thoughts of the results!?

MASTER

MASTER

Standard Donor
Will that be the new month for D.I.D.?

AP is thinking about that 2peat.

November will be for this years DOA In Dallas bro. Next year, DOA In Dallas is being scheduled for July/Early summer time like D.I.D.7.

MASTER

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
November might end up being a busy month for DoA tournaments. That could be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD