[Aug 12, 2012] DOA4 ONLINE Tournament Finale! Win DOA5a Demo and more! (XBOX LIVE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill Hustle

For those who missed the event and wanted to see the matches:

http://www.twitch.tv/ugslive/b/328418832

Was just about to do that . . . Thanks Wah!

Anyhoo sorry for issues early on with the dead time, I tried to entertain in my own way.

I would have liked better quality, but I am a well known newb when it comes to technical aspects so it was a learning experience for me too.

I just saw that no one else was there to do it therefore felt obligated to give DOA love will continue doing what I can at Summer Jam, the GUTS Tournament coming up here in MA and onward.

lopedo

I know, lol. I told Zakryue (or whatever) that the matches weren't good, which they weren't because its DOA 4. While the game takes 5% skill, he does know what he's doing and I look forward to running into him in DOA 5, hopefully offline.

The tournament had a LOT of dead time. I waited an hour and a half at one point. Overall though, it was a nice event and congrats to the people who hosted it and played in it.

DOA 4 can finally be put in the trash where it belongs and we can move on to a new era.

Zeo

That sounds a bit harsh. Watched some of the stream, only makes me wish I had been here to enter. I missed registration yesterday because I was playing DOA... how ironic. Hope everyone that participated had a great time and while I wasn't able to be a part of it hopefully DOA4 went out with a bang.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Full bracket results!
DOA4 Bracket RESULTS.gif

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Gill Hustle

The tournament had a LOT of dead time. I waited an hour and a half at one point. Overall though, it was a nice event and congrats to the people who hosted it and played in it.

Glad you not as hate filled as I was led to believe ;)

I'm watching the archive and am taking notes on how I could have made things more entertaining and informative to the viewers.

I wanted to commentate but there were so many things I had to pay attention too cuz of DOA4's archaic lobby system. I heard that TN was watching so I'm hoping they kept note of the online issues as well.

I had a blast doing it and only wish I was more prepared for the downtime.

MASTER

Standard Donor
DOA4 Finale Results!

1st) oO ZakkuRye Oo Ninja Gaiden 3 Collectors Edition for Xbox 360! (DOA5a Demo Premium code inside.), 25$ Gamestop Giftcard, Kasumi Mouse Pad, I'm A Fighter Pin, I'm A Fighter Necklace.
2nd) Lopedo (1600MS Points and Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
3rd) Sniper Okami (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
4th) NOD Subway (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
5th) o Arnell Long o (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
5th) NykNyks
7th) Shuns Fury
7th) Aurora Skyes
9th) Ducky 888
9th) Bambiskit
9th) x Lymie Phi
9th) The Illest One
13th Ikusei Eliot
13th) CoreyRawless
13th) DaReaper214
13th) xXLlokkiXx
17th) xXxICEKUNxXx
17th) Ikaros
17th) Pathman32
17th) UnsafeRiceball
17th) Mechwarrior
17th) IronJustblaze
17th) UnchartedSkies
17th) Jeffrey 562
25th) o NOME o
25th) RoC Panda
25th) KuraiKasumi
25th) Shinko Tenshi
25th) BLAZE 170
25th) ELM023
25th) Eternally Sweet
25th) XxSakuraLuvaxX

Arnell & NykNyks are tide but the program laid them out this way. Not sure why but if you both would like to fight for the prize we can set something up tomorrow evening or you guys can decide amongst yourselves.

MASTER

lopedo

For future tournaments, have a friend or somebody help you with capturing the matches and joining rooms/inviting people.

While they do that, let random folks from the tournament do interviews with you during down time. Instead of me sitting there for an hour, how about me listening to what, say, Arnell Long had to say about his last match. Or how about a post tournament interview with the top 10? I'm talking a 3-5 minute chat with these people.

Not only would it alleviate the extremely long down times, it would also leave people wanting to come to the next event because they know that they will get some words in to the community as a whole, that will be watched long after the initial tourny has passed.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Who the fuck is ZakkuRye? Does he go by some other name?

Lopedo, good call on giving the match away. MSP>NOTNG3.

NukNuks

DOA4 Finale Results!

1st) oO ZakkuRye Oo Ninja Gaiden 3 Collectors Edition for Xbox 360! (DOA5a Demo Premium code inside.), 25$ Gamestop Giftcard, Kasumi Mouse Pad, I'm A Fighter Pin, I'm A Fighter Necklace.
2nd) Lopedo (1600MS Points and Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
3rd) Sniper Okami (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
4th) NOD Subway (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
5th) o Arnell Long o (Free DOA5 Alpha Demo)
5th) NykNyks

Arnell & NykNyks are tide but the program laid them out this way. Not sure why but if you both would like to fight for the prize we can set something up tomorrow evening or you guys can decide amongst yourselves.

MASTER

This isn't right at all.

First of all Arnell, GG's. Those were great matches. Truth is I'm not trying to play for the code when we both clearly got 5th.

How is it that we both place 5th and only one of us gets a code?

True, Arnell beat me on the 3rd match and put me in the losers bracket. Statistically speaking tho my tournament numbers outweigh his. My numbers were 4-2 with a 67% win percentage for the tourney. Nell 3-2 with a 60% win percentage for the tourney.

Cmon Master, you know you got an extra Alpha code laying around we can each have ;)

Master, you said your bracket program set up the results like this but I think you need to take a closer look. Look at the bracket lettering. There's a reason why it has lettering and why it puts you in alphabetical order. Your bracket program wouldn't put it there for nothing. The lettering is to set it up so it defines what place you get for tournament. My bracket alphabetized me as 'M' and Nell's is 'N' and that clearly puts me in 5th and Nell in 6th. Look at how the lettering alphabetizes and correctly places everyone 4th place and up for their placing.

Tournaments over. Results are what they are as the brackets get filled out. I did my part in this tournament, fought hard, and I'm getting jipped for my placing. Excuse me Arnell if it seems like I'm being a prude but I shouldn't have to take the wrong placing and I shouldn't have to play you for the code when I already did my part for this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD