[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Kwiggle

That wall throw is nuts anyway. Rikuto tore a good number of us up with that because of the ridiculous guessing game he forces you to play with it. As for my number comment, I meant you had us dialed in, downloaded, or just figured out haha. It's just a saying meaning you were fucking people up! A bunch of folks from the community have my actual number, though, so the next time you see me at a tournament and need it for something, just ask. Pretty good group of people that travel for this game and it's only getting bigger.
lmao..wow dont mind me i got my slow moments, i really thought u were talking about a phone number for a sec. but yea 4 the most part i know what people are gona try 2 do when it comes to certain situations. after i play em a round or 2 i start 2 realize what 2 do 2 get in. unfortunately when i fought shade i didnt get him that fast haha that damn ice stage messed me all up with those damn stuns after every attack

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It would have been interesting if you two had both run Kasumi. She's a hell of a lot better than people are giving her credit for. You should see some of the crazy shit that came up in our sessions after the event. The ice stage (End of the World, I think, or something near that) being one gigantic water hazard really messes with you for a while. You either abuse it or the other person will. Kind of a rough stage but I think once everyone gets their hands on the game for a while every character will have a gameplan for it.

Gonna be an interesting couple months.

Mr.Kwiggle

i actually used to main kasumi as well so yea it probably would have been a good match to watch if we both used her. i played shade in a few casuals using kasumi but he used kokoro and was letting me have a for a while haha im not that used to fighting really good kokoro players. i know i cant wait 4 the real game, its gona be ridiculous with all the new things people put together and find out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think he's pretty close to what he seems to be played in 3.0 and 3.1

His new combo throw needs to guarantee pick-up attacks. Each part of the throw leaves the opponent in a different lie down state. 41236H+P is face-up side towards bass (would grant BT pick-up to Bass' back); Fireman's Carry is face up head towards Bass (would grant BT pickup to Bass' side); F5 is face-down head towards Bass (would grant front pickup to Bass' front). Otherwise I'm just going to finish the throw and go for the damage instead of caring about positional space and pressure.

Otherwise, I agree.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Great event. Hopefully there is more support like there was at this even in the future. Good games everyone.

Kokoro is a beast!

N0rdicNinja

haha wow, guess everyone really does know hes my lil bro now. well i wouldnt mind going to VA for a tournament its only 3 hours, anything that would help me get my name out would help. Besides the more offline play i get the better!!

Good stuff man, I'll def keep you in the loop. We treat our communities quite well, for example if DoA were pull out an Evo spot next year chances are good we'd host a tournament where the winner gets a free ride to Vegas. We did it last year for MK, actually I think your bro almost came out to that one. I look forward to playing you in person!

Mr.Kwiggle

alright thanks, that's good to hear. I have always wanted to go to evo but its so far haha. I also look forward to meeting you 2!

Gill Hustle

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
it's in the same playlist if it was streamed, just before the other games grand finals.

Tap Master C

Looking back at that casual stream, my match against H2O really was rather poor... Much to learn, much to learn...
Also, my commentary afterwards was... interesting in some parts... Oh well, 1st time on the mic, I suppose. Props to smithy and lopedo for having me on though! I really enjoyed it!

Blackula

GVN Summer Jam 6 Results

1. Lopedo
2. Rabies
3. Shade Swifteye
4. Chosen 1
5. Mr. Kwigole
5. Rikuto
7. Allan Paris
7. EMP Balack Omamba

9. Silent Legend
9. Hatrify
9. Low Sweep
9. Drdogg
13. Sonicfox
13. Te Demon
13. Angelus Dante
13. Chaotix
17. Gill Hustle
17. BlackBerryChaos
17. TK
17. OMG Its Andre
17. CyberEvil
17. Anthony Buzzelli
17. VirtuaPai
17. The Besteban
25. Blas
25. Yan Da Man
25. Maxout12
25. Sean Y
25. Matt Ponton
25. A-M-X
25. H20 Evil
25. Michelle McLean
33. Zeta
33. Ta Predator
33. Tap Master C
33. Mega Issac X
33. Mixtape CD
33. GimmieTime
33. Dhew Z
33. Matthew Chang
33. FYR Mike
33. Mystik
33. Sakurai
33. Smithy
33. Troll Gang Ghostman
33. CT Justin
33. Comeback
33. Static Gorilla
49. LB/ERGZ The Ultimizer
49. Basic Complex
49. Jaxel
49. Dino_Mike
49. Dr Teeth
49. Tedda
49. Tiamat
49. Xpert Thief
49. Ghost Cobra
49. LLMcAmazing
49. Avery M.
49. Gren Kuts
49. IGT Unknown
49. Avery Mason
49. Corn Sethlolol
49. Dr. Chaos
65. The Hoac
65. Starlight 777
65. D-Clint
65. Oni Jamal
65. Living Shadow
65. Jon The Don
65. Jstroh
65. Turbo Gilman
65. E Nasty
65. Malice
65. Air Master
65. Cody
65. Alex Strife
65. Clifford
65. CGM Naniwa Tiger
65. Hubbs
65. CCI Mezza
65. DRS Shakugan
65. Katsu Hayami
65. Lola
65. Rudy Was Taken
65. FYR Beth
65. FYR Natal
65. Jin 86
65. AG Vinco
65. Barry215
65. Fnex Dyasha
65. Jon Winn
65. Philip Vanderstracten
65. Lord DC
65. Johoseph
65. Iron Aiden
97. Dezee Kusaku
97. BM Jrajon
97. Cirno
97. To the Detail
97. Fuerte
97. Hood Ninja
97. AJ Julio Ranch
97. Ewie
97. Ducks
97. Omega Nitro
97. Blackout
97. Nemesis
97. DE Soundwave
97. AJ Mackattack
97. Glitch
97. Huge Noodle Brain
97. Super Science
97. CBC Pumpking
97. Bonkler
97. KBMF
97. Will Get Paid
97. Andre
97. Afrocole
97. ANC Fury of Frog
97. Aru/NTR/AxistheBeast
97. Mike Infinite
97. Mistafoo
97. Psycho Chronic
97. Repo Man
97. Quy Danh
97. Kenny
97. Rodney

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Woo, top 25.

Man, just wait until I go to a tournament that I'm NOT organizing....

I'm waiting to get some actual practice that doesn't happen AFTER the tournament, haha. That said, our little session Sunday night was easily one of the highlights of my whole trip. Too good, too funny, and too awesome. "Highway to the DANGERZONE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD