[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Paris

Anything note worthy for Zack?

His 6H+P gives him guaranteed attacks after it. The only good one though is his 8K, I think that's the move, Hatify would know. The kick gives a stun and puts the opponent BT. Zack is very different now, Hatify was trying every chance he could get to find things for him. That's the only good new thing about him that I heard. I am pretty sure there is more.

I got really upset when Rikuto beat Allan Paris on the Hot Zone stage. Rikuto was one hit away from KO and all Allan Paris did was tried guessing a counter. -_-

I'd have to see the match again, honestly, I can't remember it. I will say this, my first DOA5 Bayman Experience will be my most memorable moment of his bullshit (fucking wall grab!). I can't wait for the rest of you to play against it. I've been watching Bayman for the past several months and I know he's great. Playing against the shit is another story. Especially trying to play DOA4 style, as you see it doesn't work, hint hint.

After the tournament however, I actually got to learn DOA5 Kasumi properly. If I knew what I know now, that match would of went way differently. No disrespect to you Rikuto, but umm, Highway to the Dangerzone. I really look forward to playing you again. I learned a few more tricks Sunday morning, TROUBLE! GGs, Bayman is nothing to toy around with.

i know i should grab them but i rather get max launch height. Im main with Christie and Kasumi by the way.

Go with your first mind. Grabbing gets you guaranteed damage. Mixing up attacks before for max height launch does not get you guaranteed damage.

It was just me, but I personally thought they absolutely wrecked her in DOA4. She lost so much possible pressure with her new :6: :P: and :6: :K: .

DOA4's system catered to her playstyle, speed kills in that game and she had more than enough of it. Both of those options are in her top 3 scariest moves, especially 6K. 6K itself was very ridiculous move. It is your personal feeling on it though, so ok.

What new throws have you seen? I havent seen any yet? Her 33Throw is the same as her dimensions one but different than her DOA4 one but thats all i can think of, but its not really new then. And i know her wall throw has a new animation is all. But overall yeah i like the new Kasumi a lot, the only thing i hate is her old 6KK attack doesnt stun or launch on hi counter anymore. It was my most used attack too.

She doesn't have any new throws. The animation for 33H+P is new but that's about it. Speaking of 33H+P, they got rid of the throw from DOA4. I just realized that haha.

R4712-VR88

After the tournament however, I actually got to learn DOA5 Kasumi properly. If I knew what I know now, that match would of went way differently. No disrespect to you Rikuto, but umm, Highway to the Dangerzone. I really look forward to playing you again. I learned a few more tricks Sunday morning, TROUBLE! GGs, Bayman is nothing to toy around with.

:)

Also, check yo self out in this video Allan. All up in dat music! XD

R4712-VR88

You ever get the wrong song (as in, something mellow or low tempo) playing during an intense moment in a match? Or do you make sure every song on your playlist is HOT FIRE?

Thinking about what Allan listens to makes me think of Smokin Suckaz Wit Logic from the Street Fighter II: Animated Movie.

Omegan Eckhart

Do all grabs like Zack's :6::F+P: guarantee follow ups of some kind? I was just wonder seeing as Helena's BT throw is i15 and guarantees jack shit, she has two other grabs like it and they don't offer anything either. I don't think TN likes her very much -_-

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You answered your own question. No, not all throws allow guaranteed follow ups. Most of the command grabs that just reposition characters give you advantage, but it's naturally going to vary from character to character.

Allan Paris

You ever get the wrong song (as in, something mellow or low tempo) playing during an intense moment in a match? Or do you make sure every song on your playlist is HOT FIRE?

That right there. Even if I get a low tempo song, it's still "HOT FIRE". It doesn't change anything for me.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Do all grabs like Zack's :6::F+P: guarantee follow ups of some kind? I was just wonder seeing as Helena's BT throw is i15 and guarantees jack shit, she has two other grabs like it and they don't offer anything either. I don't think TN likes her very much -_-

Bass' Manhattan Push (214H+P 6H+P) guarantees a 6KP 66 2H+P. Other than that, none of his advantage throws give him anything guaranteed.

Bass plays well, very close to how he was in DOA2 and DOA3. If I had to make any changes to him I'd say make P+K launch on CH again like DOA1, DOA2, and DOA3 (relaunch is eh, would love it but don't necessarily need it). 2H+P on BT should guarantee 33P on guard attempting opponent, requiring the player to backdash away from it instead. Lastly, BT H+P should be an offensive hold, not a normal throw.

Other than that? Yeah, he plays as I expect: Terrible Stun game, but hurts when he does hit/throw you.

Edit: His new combo throw needs to guarantee pick-up attacks. Each part of the throw leaves the opponent in a different lie down state. 41236H+P is face-up side towards bass (would grant BT pick-up to Bass' back); Fireman's Carry is face up head towards Bass (would grant BT pickup to Bass' side); F5 is face-down head towards Bass (would grant front pickup to Bass' front). Otherwise I'm just going to finish the throw and go for the damage instead of caring about positional space and pressure.

Mr.Kwiggle

Shoot man, I already got your name down... Taking out Mamba like that, Kudos. Your Christie was pretty damn good. And, once you get down the new mechanics people better watch out.
thanks!! honestly when people were saying yoooo u took out black mamba i was like ...what?? lol i had no idea who he was, i just heard his name before and then people told me how good he was and how he wins tournaments all the time. i dont know if i just got lucky or what xD but yea i cant wait to get my hands on it again at the next tournament.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You were damn good and put on a hell of a show. I got a chance to fight you for a while before finals the other day and was very impressed. Most people don't just show up out of nowhere and light a bunch of us veterans up haha. That's why I was asking you what your name was and then what your forum name was, if you had one. Glad to see you here. Stick around, man!

Mr.Kwiggle

What do I gotta do to get you to come out to some VA tourneys? We'll run MK at the same time and you can bring your bro! =)
haha wow, guess everyone really does know hes my lil bro now. well i wouldnt mind going to VA for a tournament its only 3 hours, anything that would help me get my name out would help. Besides the more offline play i get the better!!

What new throws have you seen? I havent seen any yet? Her 33Throw is the same as her dimensions one but different than her DOA4 one but thats all i can think of, but its not really new then. And i know her wall throw has a new animation is all. But overall yeah i like the new Kasumi a lot, the only thing i hate is her old 6KK attack doesnt stun or launch on hi counter anymore. It was my most used attack too.

well yea im not sure if new was the correct word but yea the animation is different. sorry for any confusion

You were damn good and put on a hell of a show. I got a chance to fight you for a while before finals the other day and was very impressed. Most people don't just show up out of nowhere and light a bunch of us veterans up haha. That's why I was asking you what your name was and then what your forum name was, if you had one. Glad to see you here. Stick around, man!

haha well ive been playing doa4 since it came out i just never went to a tournament or anything for it, i probably should have. but trust me ill be around!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Glad to hear it. Might want to edit your first post to include your following two, though. We try not to post multiple times in a row if we can avoid it haha. It's great to have you on board too. At the next tournament, though, try to keep your little brother from standing up in front of everyone trying to watch finals all the time lol. Kid was EVERYWHERE all the time. Too much energy.

Smithy

i had a blast this weekend, everything was so much fun. the tournament, the community, the game, rig, everything. shoutouts to everyone i spoke to and played with, virtuapai, gill hustle, tap master c, drdogg, allan paris, low sweep, demon, the people who ran the tournament, big e, hubbs, mr. wah, cyberevil, h2oevil, tom and sean from team ninja/tecmo for supporting the grassroots community, congratulations to lopedo for winning the tournament, and special thanks to drteeth for driving me and virtuapai everywhere and celtic thanks to rikuto for hooking me up with a chance to commentate. if i didn't list you, my bust, everyone was really friendly and accommodating and i appreciated it. see you all soon

Mr.Kwiggle

oh..haha my bad i didnt know i could do that, im new to this forum thing so ill try it in a sec. i thought replying to someones post would insert it right under their post. but hey what do u expect lol if u were a 14 year winning tournaments, would u be able to sit still lol

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
oh..haha my bad i didnt know i could do that, im new to this forum thing so ill try it in a sec. i thought replying to someones post would insert it right under their post. but hey what do u expect lol if u were a 14 year winning tournaments, would u be able to sit still lol

There's a bunch of cool features. If you have questions, just hit any of us up. We'll get you acclimated to this forum shit quickly...you already got a bunch of our numbers in the game haha. You tore up some really notable people. As for your brother, yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm probably just salty that all the games he was entered into slowed me down when I was trying to run his bracket lol. It's all good though. The more the merrier and he put on a damn good show himself.

Mr.Kwiggle

ok cool, i already got a few questions about some stuff ive been seeing in peoples posts. also i dont think i got your number though, might be handy to have. yea my lil bro was doing ok until he came up against that bayman. he got raped on the wall with that wallthrow he has though haha i think he got thrown 4 times straight.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
ok cool, i already got a few questions about some stuff ive been seeing in peoples posts. also i dont think i got your number though, might be handy to have. yea my lil bro was doing ok until he came up against that bayman. he got raped on the wall with that wallthrow he has though haha i think he got thrown 4 times straight.

That wall throw is nuts anyway. Rikuto tore a good number of us up with that because of the ridiculous guessing game he forces you to play with it. As for my number comment, I meant you had us dialed in, downloaded, or just figured out haha. It's just a saying meaning you were fucking people up! A bunch of folks from the community have my actual number, though, so the next time you see me at a tournament and need it for something, just ask. Pretty good group of people that travel for this game and it's only getting bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD