DOA5U Ayane Video Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That's what happens when I catch you trying to stagger escape inescapable launchers (or try to hold them) so often. *devilish wings spread anew*

That's what happens when I catch you trying to stagger escape inescapable launchers (or try to hold them) so often. *devilish wings spread anew*
iHajinShinobi is looking for any students im willing to learn if he/she is willing to teach besides i saw some things in that match that are useful very useful this is going to be fun

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
iHajinShinobi is looking for any students im willing to learn if he/she is willing to teach besides i saw some things in that match that are useful very useful this is going to be fun

I am willing to help anyone that wants to learn Ayane. But I won't be on PSN for a little while (PS3 is being repaired at the moment). Once the PS3 is fine, we'll get to play. :)

P.S I am indeed a male lol.

ShinMaruku

Decent match one I will be expanding upon in the Ayane Tag thread but I think it's a good enough vid to watch.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Couple matches with a buddy trying out Marie Rose on me. Lol, Marie has such stubby arms and legs. She's also the only character in the game that makes Ayane look "big" :cool:.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
^Video 1: 3PK > 66KK4 won't hit anything, you can stagger out of the low sweep and block everything.

Video 2: You should have won that match awhile ago since Nanhou was whiffing 3K so badly. Ayane's 4K (4K > 4P > BT BnB) will punish that in the ranges he was whiffing those at. 60 damage off whiff punishment is good damage, take it every time you can get it. Marie's 3K is -6 so it can be neutral throw punished as well (same for PK).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Alex was trying out pokes to use at mid-range and did settle on 3K. I was mostly focusing on seeing how Marie is at mid-range and it definitely doesn't look like a strong point to her. I'll try to remember to 4K at mid-range more, thanks for the reminder.

Since the nerf on 2H+K, I've mostly been using 3PK for the frame advantage and a mix-up opportunity.

Tenryuga

Tell him he has to rely on his 2P and jab more to stop Ayane from shutting him down completely in CQC. Ayane has the luxury of being able to frame trap ppl with 13i mids for days with just her P, BT P, 2P, BT 2P > P so he has to use well placed jabs and 2Ps to get out of that.

At range he just needs to let you do all the work. If he gets greedy you can stop his approaches easily as you show in the vid. However if he waits for his chance a bit more stuff like that 66K on your spin will happen more often.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks Ten, the dude actually has decent footsies (and stopped doing 66KKK when I showed that I will throw punish all attempts), but he folds a bit when he gets in close on Ayane. Against a Christie player in my scene, he used 2P more often into "PPP". But yeah, I'd like to see him use 2P & 3P more often. That was a well-placed 66K he did too. I think he'll be solid with Ein when he learns his tech and juggles too, because Ein suits his "keepaway" style.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Here's a few more Ayane matches from my scene.

Glad to be able to have fought a myriad of opponents at casuals this week.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD