Community Big Stream from MASTER Today 9 p.m EST

Master is streaming tomorrow night. Though some of the contents of this stream are not known, it's going to be big. Master has high hopes that the DOA community will get involved with his stream, and will post their feedback on how they feel about whatever he discusses with the community as he plays.

In return, it's likely you will learn a lot. During his last stream, he went back to Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate and showed us what's now missing from those games as they have aged, but he also showed us things that our new installment doesn't have. A history lesson to show us where we are and where we belong as a community.

http://www.twitch.tv/omastero/profile

Follow Master for updates on when he will stream next. It's valuable to know if you are a PS3... OR Xbox 360 player. If you get the buzz on one of his streams, it's likely you will have a chance at fighting him to learn valuable tech through a painful beating... something often reserved for paid subscribers from other fighters.

Last edited:
I disagree with Master. the stage is important and the character and tool is important. its not 25% hold in game. that is what made DoA unique. In game its about the entirety of the fight and the knowledge the player has.

The fighter is important, and on the low level you're right. However, as you go into higher level play, suddenly that table is extra damage that could turn the fight, as such, instead of simply backing off, you might sidestep. And with stages where you have a huge cliff, people, even on the lower end, try to keep their back from that direction. Bonus points if they can turn it the other way. I've seen people (even the AI of the game) reacts very harshly to such environments.

Also uhmm your "strike strike stirke strike strike". One combo for Kokoro is longer than that... -_- So I shouldn't use my combo because you think im inept while im juggling you after you faield to hold my unholdable because you have no idea what your doing?

I mean strike strings, however it's annoying enough to type it how i have.

The fighter is important, and on the low level you're right. However, as you go into higher level play, suddenly that table is extra damage that could turn the fight, as such, instead of simply backing off, you might sidestep. And with stages where you have a huge cliff, people, even on the lower end, try to keep their back from that direction. Bonus points if they can turn it the other way. I've seen people (even the AI of the game) reacts very harshly to such environments.

I mean strike strings, however it's annoying enough to type it how i have.

Ya, its about knowledge in game. Cant sidestep Christies standard p string. First hits a tracker. If you don't know that, youll get hit. Side step. Throw punish. You cant randomly do stuff. That's why you get punished. You have to be smart about your actions. Also you just said I was wrong where you literally confirmed a advance game would know how to take advantage of the table for extra damage. That's not 25% hold. That's character tool and knowledge of the player. (Knowledge the player has, not knowledge of the character alone.)

And I get what you mean. but ive never really lost to someone just spamming p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p, and so forth with any character..

Last edited:
Ya, its about knowledge in game. Cant sidestep Christies standard p string. First hits a tracker. If you don't know that, youll get hit. Side step. Throw punish. You cant randomly do stuff. That's why you get punished. You have to be smart about your actions. Also you just said I was wrong where you literally confirmed a advance game would know how to take advantage of the table for extra damage. That's not 25% hold. That's character tool and knowledge of the player. (Knowledge the player has, not knowledge of the character alone.)

When i was talking about %, which actually were wrong, i was referring to the assumption that you knew (and guessed correctly) that someone was going to strike. The percetages, actually....

1H=33%
4H=12.5%
6H =12.5%
7H=33%

The number goes down with unholdables. And if you throw throws into the mix, you add another 33% (since you have kicks and punches for strikes, but only 1 button for throws). Throw the other opponent attempting a hold or an offensive hold, and the numbers go down further. Moreover, sabaki and advanced holds also vary in percentages.

And I get what you mean. but ive never really lost to someone just spamming p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p,p, and so forth with any character..

We're not complaining about loosing. We're complaining about getting bored. Heaven forbid you beat someone by knowing what they're up to and stopping them every time. You're a super hacker, you know?

When i was talking about %, which actually were wrong, i was referring to the assumption that you knew (and guessed correctly) that someone was going to strike. The percetages, actually....

1H=33%
4H=12.5%
6H =12.5%
7H=33%

The number goes down with unholdables. And if you throw throws into the mix, you add another 33% (since you have kicks and punches for strikes, but only 1 button for throws). Throw the other opponent attempting a hold or an offensive hold, and the numbers go down further. Moreover, sabaki and advanced holds also vary in percentages.

We're not complaining about loosing. We're complaining about getting bored. Heaven forbid you beat someone by knowing what they're up to and stopping them every time. You're a super hacker, you know?

Uh think you totally didn't follow what I was talking about with percent.. I mean.. At all.. I was referring to the stream and how Master summed up the game.

"boredom" is not really TNs problem. The player sucks. Get over it or stop playing. Play people in community areas like these by messaging, posting and hosting social gatherings and so forth. Take some initiative. Not everyone should be a Master at the game.

Uh think you totally didn't follow what I was talking about with percent.. I mean.. At all.. I was referring to the stream and how Master summed up the game.

Earlier i was referring to holds and percentages as to why it would work in Tekken and Virtua fighter, but not street fighter, or other 2d fighters. I would agree, though, that 50% is the stage, especially if the stage has quirks. For example, if you're fighting a Busa on Home, he's going to try his shinanigans, and you're going to adapt accordingly (knowing he's going to do this) and try to keep his shinanigans at bay. And if you're fighting an Alpha in Dojo, you're going to try to keep her from her shinanigans. You might even error to the side of allowing her to throw you, just to keep her from doing a nasty combo to you. If you are fighting at Hitomi, you're going to avoid those things called walls, because you know that they're nothing but trouble for you with her around.

"boredom" is not really TNs problem. The player sucks. Get over it or stop playing. Play people in community areas like these by messaging, posting and hosting social gatherings and so forth. Take some initiative. Not everyone should be a Master at the game.

No, but that *IS* our problem.

EDIT: Oh, i see what's going on. You're thinking we're getting on TN for spammers. No, we derailed the thread a long time ago.

Earlier i was referring to holds and percentages as to why it would work in Tekken and Virtua fighter, but not street fighter, or other 2d fighters. I would agree, though, that 50% is the stage, especially if the stage has quirks. For example, if you're fighting a Busa on Home, he's going to try his shinanigans, and you're going to adapt accordingly (knowing he's going to do this) and try to keep his shinanigans at bay. And if you're fighting an Alpha in Dojo, you're going to try to keep her from her shinanigans. You might even error to the side of allowing her to throw you, just to keep her from doing a nasty combo to you. If you are fighting at Hitomi, you're going to avoid those things called walls, because you know that they're nothing but trouble for you with her around.

No, but that *IS* our problem.

EDIT: Oh, i see what's going on. You're thinking we're getting on TN for spammers. No, we derailed the thread a long time ago.

Not my problem. I suck *lowers head* but I am learning how to be an actually competitive player and not some trashy one man tactic. For once that fails im obviously gunna lose. I need 2.. 3 if I want to always win ;p lol jk

And thank god, thread on DOAWORLD.COM was hella dumb also. Podcasts people that don't know shit.. -_-

and as for the first part.. ill just go with ya.. everthing talking about the stage and doa I can understand. as for tekken and all that. don't give any fucks personally. Not gunna tell TN how Tekken should be because. uhmm well.. duh..

Not my problem. I suck *lowers head* but I am learning how to be an actually competitive player and not some trashy one man tactic. For once that fails im obviously gunna lose. I need 2.. 3 if I want to always win ;p lol jk

And thank god, thread on DOAWORLD.COM was hella dumb also. Podcasts people that don't know shit.. -_-

and as for the first part.. ill just go with ya.. everthing talking about the stage and doa I can understand. as for tekken and all that. don't give any fucks personally. Not gunna tell TN how Tekken should be because. uhmm well.. duh..

We switched to the power of DoA over other fighters when the topic pretty much resigned to, "if we don't like it, we can fork it." If you watch the stream archive, you realize that TN isn't who we need to talk to. It couldn't hurt, but we need to realize that they're just grunts. It's like complaining to a nurse about how bad the food is in a nursing home. The nurses just feed it to people, it's the kitchen staff that distributes it to them, and it's the cook (if thy even have one instead of pulling something out of a can and heating it up) who makes the food (and the cook follows the guidlines of a nutritionist who also follows government regulations and a supervisor).

We switched to the power of DoA over other fighters when the topic pretty much resigned to, "if we don't like it, we can fork it." If you watch the stream archive, you realize that TN isn't who we need to talk to. It couldn't hurt, but we need to realize that they're just grunts. It's like complaining to a nurse about how bad the food is in a nursing home. The nurses just feed it to people, it's the kitchen staff that distributes it to them, and it's the cook (if thy even have one instead of pulling something out of a can and heating it up) who makes the food (and the cook follows the guidlines of a nutritionist who also follows government regulations and a supervisor).

So let me guess this straight. TN will make tekken better... -_- (don't take seriously)

I am going one way. and I think you are going the other. In regards to the stream. Help him or move aside. People like me are working on scripts and such to help promote the ideas of the community and people like Master.

I am going one way. and I think you are going the other. In regards to the stream. Help him or move aside. People like me are working on scripts and such to help promote the ideas of the community and people like Master.

I'm dropping ideas. However, i'm also voicing here on what to do if the worst comes true. The community must discuss what they feel and believe before the community is truly unified.

I'm dropping ideas. However, i'm also voicing here on what to do if the worst comes true. The community must discuss what they feel and believe before the community is truly unified.

Ya cuz we will all agree and sit down at a table, drinking tea. with everyone sharing the same view points on swim wear DLC and so forth.

You let me know where this unification is happening and ill do my best to say yes to every idea stated.

So let me guess this straight. TN will make tekken better... -_- (don't take seriously)

Yeah, but I said you could go both ways and it does:

Fans>Players>Coaches>GMs>Owners>GMs>Coaches>Players>Fans

But I'm with you. Along with the heated debates, we need to help each other and continue to help each other regardless of the end result because we still may not get what we want, At least we should be satisfied that whether we succeeded or failed, we were together! As divided as we are, we're unified in the sense that, we all want the same thing! I honestly don't think this is a terrible thing! I would love it if we had more discussions like this - flaring tempers or not!

But I'm with you. Along with the heated debates, we need to help each other and continue to help each other regardless of the end result because we still may not get what we want, At least we should be satisfied that whether we succeeded or failed, we were together! As divided as we are, we're unified in the sense that, we all want the same thing! I honestly don't think this is a terrible thing! I would love it if we had more discussions like this - flaring tempers or not!

Well I hope you know I am in no way upset, angry or anything. However sometimes people focus solely on one thing. Generally any added content as an example works for me. Unless it ruins the experience for the gamers playing the game

Ya cuz we will all agree and sit down at a table, drinking tea. with everyone sharing the same view points on swim wear DLC and so forth.

You let me know where this unification is happening and ill do my best to say yes to every idea stated.

It should start within forum threads like these. However, its not going to be if people are so afraid of discussing hard issues. You're gonna need to get the proverbial gloves out before the community unifies.

We need to be able to discuss, without getting too bent out of shape, but at the same time, we do need to discuss, not avoid issues for fear of people getting bent out of shape. This game is rated M, monster hunter isn't. Monster hunter could get together and accomplish something, why can't we as adults?

Well I hope you know I am in no way upset, angry or anything. However sometimes people focus solely on one thing. Generally any added content as an example works for me. Unless it ruins the experience for the gamers playing the game

You can't ignore that possibility though. Just like any company who can't ignore how they may piss off fans. I brought up how ME2 got shot down (pun-intended) because alot of folks felt like it was more of a shooter than an RPG - when obviously, it's always had the shooter element in it; yet, it's often branded as an RPG. It says Action-RPG, but my point is people thought the shooter portion was emphasized way too much. Same could be said for the first title: Too much story, not enough action! Yet, 3 comes out an most say how the fulcrum was found within the shooting + story - despite both elements having always been present!

Thank you Master~
DOAD's story was so interesting I replayed it over so many times especially chapter 3. But DOA5 was a struggle to make it through even once it was just so uninteresting never played through it again after the first time..
The stages; as master said were brought back and various changes and expansions were made that made them better than they already were. not to mention free DLC costumes ♥_♥
It's very sad how DOA5 has devolved since then and became more about quantity over quality. It seriously doesn't feel like DOA anymore. hopefully they get their shit together for DOA6.

Thank you Master~
DOAD's story was so interesting I replayed it over so many times especially chapter 3. But DOA5 was a struggle to make it through even once it was just so uninteresting never played through it again after the first time..
The stages; as master said were brought back and various changes and expansions were made that made them better than they already were. not to mention free DLC costumes ♥_♥
It's very sad how DOA5 has devolved since then and became more about quantity over quality. It seriously doesn't feel like DOA anymore. hopefully they get their shit together for DOA6.
There is a clear difference on DOAD in the sense of development time when compared to DOA5,+,U,LR etc. Nintendo is a publisher, TN has room to be creative and even be risky with things. Koei is the publisher and all of a sudden things get bottle necked in the creativity department. Some stages look good and others just make you questioned as to "what happened here? That's it" Not to mention that netcode hasn't gotten much better either.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Yeah, the descriptions people have given me on the netcode tells me it's totally fixable, but it'll take a little bit of time to work on it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD