Black Mamba's Kill Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackxxxMamba

www.blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/

A blog about DOA Helena, Helena philosophy, and General DOA. I will update my personal Helena blog every now and again. Helena players should read up.
*ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ANY HELENA MATCH VIDEOS YOU WANT ME TO ANALYZE AND BREAKDOWN IN A FUTURE BLOG ENTRY, FEEL FREE TO SEND ME THEM IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE ON FSD*

Match Analyzer #2 (Pre-Release Edition)
http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2012/08/match-analyzer-2-pre-release-edition.html

Early DOA5 Helena Impressions
http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2012/09/early-doa5-helena-impressions.html

DOA5 Helena Patch Wish List
http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2012/10/doa5-helena-patch-wish-list.html

Pseudo Force Wake Ups *NEW*
http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2012/10/pseudo-force-wake-ups.html

Omegan Eckhart

Helena's 3in1 transitions into BKO are safe from grappler's too. I got the AI to do her 33P4P followed by 6P and as Tina I couldn't low grab her, I got hit out of my grab every time by her 6P. Tina can low catch grab her but Helena is able to stand up to avoid it.

Doug Nguyen

Nice blog. If your having trouble with stuns since there mostly mids. I think one of her best is her 8P, it stuns long enough were they can slow escape fast enough to avoid a Cb. The only problem is people low counter so often to get out of a stun, it will just miss. So its situational, just use it against people who mid counter a lot.

Sora

The problem with using high stun is its just that -- a high. Whiffed low hold gets them out of it.

If she had a mid kick that stunned (you could get away with a KK setup maybe, but that's being really creative), then she'd be much better.

That said, 2K+H is virtually guaranteed after 33P or 8P. Another stun mixup to add to her reportoire.

Doug Nguyen

The problem with using high stun is its just that -- a high. Whiffed low hold gets them out of it.

If she had a mid kick that stunned (you could get away with a KK setup maybe, but that's being really creative), then she'd be much better.

That said, 2K+H is virtually guaranteed after 33P or 8P. Another stun mixup to add to her reportoire.
She does have a mid kick that stuns. I think it goes mid kick then high kick, the other goes high mid, its either her KK or 3kk. I forgot.

Omegan Eckhart

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different character to everyone else lol Helena's move set seems to work unbelievably well for me. I'm so happy with how she turned out.

BlackxxxMamba

It's hard for me wanting to use 8p as a stun extender often because, like Sora said, people tend to low counter and it whiffs. That's why I think your best bet is to use the KKK string after you get the stun off of the first hit. That way if they low counter, the high kick whiffs, but the mid kick will catch. Thus still leaving them stunned.

Is it just me, or is Helena the ONLY character that got worse since DOA4? Every other character got better in DOA5. No one can name ONE character that got worse in DOA5 besides Helena. Kasumi might be the closet, but I haven't played against her enough to determine that.

Helena players, we're the real heroes here.

Omegan Eckhart

It's hard for me wanting to use 8p as a stun extender often because, like Sora said, people tend to low counter and it whiffs. That's why I think your best bet is to use the KKK string after you get the stun off of the first hit. That way if they low counter, the high kick whiffs, but the mid kick will catch. Thus still leaving them stunned.

Is it just me, or is Helena the ONLY character that got worse since DOA4? Every other character got better in DOA5. No one can name ONE character that got worse in DOA5 besides Helena. Kasumi might be the closet, but I haven't played against her enough to determine that.

Helena players, we're the real heroes here.
Ayane is kind off ass, she's pretty much the same but with a much lower damage output. All she got was a couple of new ways to go into her rolling stance.

BKO transitions were buffed and we got two great side step moves. But to balance it out we lost all out safe moves and got a damage nerf. But I'm optimistic, for some reason.

Codemaster92163

She may be worse, but I'm having more fun playing as her.

Though, for some reason, I feel like her mix-up is more limited now. No idea why - I just feel like it is.

BlackxxxMamba

Ayane is kind off ass, she's pretty much the same but with a much lower damage output. All she got was a couple of new ways to go into her rolling stance.

BKO transitions were buffed and we got two great side step moves. But to balance it out we lost all out safe moves and got a damage nerf. But I'm optimistic, for some reason.

Ummm, Ayane is top tier... You'll see why soon enough.

Sora

New ways to go into her rolling stance alone makes Ayane INSANELY good. :)

Helena can still wreck someone up pretty easily (100+ damage non CB combos) but it takes a lot more work to get her there. BKO is still her best friend, and her SS moves are very good tools to counterbalance her unsafe frames in general.

DrDogg

Helena's 3in1 transitions into BKO are safe from grappler's too. I got the AI to do her 33P4P followed by 6P and as Tina I couldn't low grab her, I got hit out of my grab every time by her 6P. Tina can low catch grab her but Helena is able to stand up to avoid it.

They aren't safe. Just 2P instead of throw. Only 236P is safe at 0.

BlackxxxMamba

I will write up a new Helena Kill Blog post either today or tomorrow. It's gonna be a good one.

Also, is it possible to sticky threads on FSD? If so, can I get my thread stickied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD