Black Mamba's Kill Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

When asked about why she got nerfed they said it wasn't about her being too strong it was about her not being played the way they wanted her to be. I'm very realistic when it comes to her getting buffed, she won't get any new animations so her 3.1 side step isn't going to happen. All I think they may do is change some frames and perhaps alter her damage output.

What I would like is 0 or + on her 3in1's, more frame advantage on her 214 F+P and her BT F+P so she can get a guaranteed launch, all her DOA4 safe moves back and the nerf removed from her BKO duck. This would make her a strong character, easily mid to high tier. I doubt it will happen though, they won't buff her that much.

Oh and I'd like her ponytail to get buffed. It moves like a big yellow sausage, Kasumi's looks much nicer.

I feel obliged to tweet the last sentence.

Anyway, sorry if we've already asked this, but can we honestly expect them to listen to Mamba and FSD's propositions ? Team Ninja really sounds stubborn.
Too bad they can't create animation from scratch. Well, that makes sense. We'll have to update that big list for DOA6/DOA5 Wii U.
I really understand what they mean by "it was about her not being played the way they wanted her to be" though.

Omegan Eckhart

Yeah I agree with you. I wasn't asking for the 3.1 sidestep in a patch since I know that's not possible. I was just saying that I think it was a mistake to leave it out to begin with.
I hear ya, she does have a side step mid punch that gives her +23 for a free launcher though. It's better than nothing.

I also agree on the ponytail. It looks . . . odd. I usually just put her hair down when I play so I don't have to look at it.
Oh god it looks even worse that way lol Either way we're screwed.

DR2K

Both Ayane and hayabusa got new moves in the 4.1 balance patch. Entirely possible to patch in Helena's sidestep move from 3.1.

Omegan Eckhart

I feel obliged to tweet the last sentence.

Anyway, sorry if we've already asked this, but can we honestly expect them to listen to Mamba and FSD's propositions ? Team Ninja really sounds stubborn.
Too bad they can't create animation from scratch. Well, that makes sense. We'll have to update that big list for DOA6/DOA5 Wii U.
I really understand what they mean by "it was about her not being played the way they wanted her to be" though.
They will pay some attention because Mamba is a tournament player, but when someone asked the question "why was she nerfed" on his behalf they seemed to dismiss the question saying "she has a couple of areas where she is slightly weak but overall she is strong"(not the exact wording). It didn't seem like they agreed that she needed real improvements.

They want to make sure she doesn't have any overly abusable moves that way players are forced to use her entire move list, something that will NEVER happen.They have an idea of what they want her to be and I doubt very much that they welcome the idea of us telling them how she should play.
Both Ayane and hayabusa got new moves in the 4.1 balance patch. Entirely possible to patch in Helena's sidestep move from 3.1.
New moves? You mean brand new animations? Edit: Thought you said 5.1 my bad.

CrimsonCJ

When asked about why she got nerfed they said it wasn't about her being too strong it was about her not being played the way they wanted her to be. I'm very realistic when it comes to her getting buffed, she won't get any new animations so her 3.1 side step isn't going to happen. All I think they may do is change some frames and perhaps alter her damage output.

What I would like is 0 or + on her 3in1's, more frame advantage on her 214 F+P and her BT F+P so she can get a guaranteed launch, all her DOA4 safe moves back and the nerf removed from her BKO duck. This would make her a strong character, easily mid to high tier. I doubt it will happen though, they won't buff her that much.

Oh and I'd like her ponytail to get buffed. It moves like a big yellow sausage, Kasumi's looks much nicer.

I agree that they won't buff her as much as we'd like. Honestly, though, the explanation is almost too weird for words. Like, how did they want her to be played? To be more reliant on the three designated safe attacks? To simply be tossed around a bunch?

Also; I agree regarding the ponytail. But in the spirit of being a little positive, I do like the new lace bow better.

Probably only if we offer them sacrifices of the cosplayer variety, but even then it might be tough. Incremental changes at best.

Omegan Eckhart

BKO Throw -> 1KK

Her old DOA4 BKO Throw Force Tech. The dirtiest mixup from DOA4. Now that they changed the ground game in the newest patch, this brings back the possibilities of certain force techs again.
I'm trying it on Hayate on Dojo and it isn't working, what is your set up?

Omegan Eckhart

However, there was a time where it didn't tech up though, but it doesnt make sense because we've been testing this.

I tested it on a human and the two kicks do not force them up, it hits them but it leaves them on the floor. What I am guessing is that you are landing the kicks and they are teching up making it seem like you are force teching them. If they tech up they are left in front of you similar to the old BKO > 1KK. But it is not a guaranteed set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD