Brad Wong DOA5U Changes

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Someone told he's still at negative after that. Is that true?

Depends on timing. The earlier Brad does the parry in relation to the parried strike, the more advantage. I think it varies between -2 and +14, or something. So on average, Brad has advantage after a successful parry.

MasterHavik

Depends on timing. The earlier Brad does the parry in relation to the parried strike, the more advantage. I think it varies between -2 and +14, or something. So on average, Brad has advantage after a successful parry.
oh wow...that's interesting. Really interesting.

HoodsXx

If Brad parries too late, the most disadvantage he can be at is -5. Earliest, the most advantage he can get is +13. So it ranges from those. Anyways @Tones @Seppu and others, I'm sure you've probably already found this out. But LFT P+K SS's. It's kind of weird to time, but something to look into, since it helps when you're in that stance and they're spacing you out. So you got other options other than just 8/2 and OH.

Tones

Premium Donor
Fluked it against @Berzerk! at the EB Expo tournament yesterday. I had no idea it would sidestep but I got him when he was using a run in attack (). Iirc it whiffed and sidestepped.

Yeah needs to be looked into and compared to his regular 8/2.2

HoodsXx

I'm going to be posting more videos of Brad. Needs some light in this community. I'm also on Xbl now so feel free to add me on there as well.

HoodsXx

Just thought I'd mention this, not sure if everyone's already using it. But here's another mixup opportunity for Brad concerning his BT :F::5::F: You do :2::P+K: :6: BT :2::P: And on fastest SE he's at +23. From there you can do either :4::K: / :4::P::4::P: for the launch, / :6::K: If they don't SE fully, / :6::P+K: or after the BT :2::P: intially, you can do :8: to go into HS. And be at +9. Hope this helps others. :) Oh right you can also do :2::P+K:, and if they don't SE fast enough they're still in BT, so :K::8: :F: is guaranteed. :D

HoodsXx

So even though this thread is dead I might as well comment. Don't know how you all are fairing with Brad or if you're still wondering if he's solid" after studying him more "offline", I've found that his damage is amazingly insane. Let's look at BT T.T now as we all know that gives us 2P+K and most people now would do 2P+KP into a mixup situation or 2P+K 6 2P and do another mixup situation there (this one is actually the better of the two). But he actually doesn't need those at all especially since imo his stun game is subpar at best. Now I found this which on NH is insane damage on its own. 2P+K K KK4 P+K H+K now that is 85 damage on NH. Which is insane and this is only in open space. Now let's look at this further. Let's say we're in the tiger stage and we positioned them near the bouncy balls, and did this exact setup again but changed his ender to 2PK instead. After that following up with 1PPK. All of that is roughly close to 120 damage. Now think about that. That was all off of a stun - launch setup that's guaranteed. On NH that's some insane damage. Point I'm trying to make here is that you guys should use these more. Btw that setup works on lights - heavies. On weights like Rachel, Bass, Bayman, Leon. His BT T is stronger than this setup and the stun - launch for his HS air throw. So I suggest to opt for that against those characters.

PS: After finding this I'm convinced he doesn't need any buffs he's plenty solid and easily sitting in high tier status in this game. I also understand why they took away his 6K sitdown stun, since considering all of his guaranteed setups already he's plenty solid in that regard. 6K giving him more guaranteed options would make him a complete monster. Anyways there's some info to play with good luck all in finding stuff.

HoodsXx

Yeah man. He and everyone else is still amazing. I'm sure you'll find some kickass stuff for Brad too.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
So even though this thread is dead I might as well comment. Don't know how you all are fairing with Brad or if you're still wondering if he's solid" after studying him more "offline", I've found that his damage is amazingly insane. Let's look at BT T.T now as we all know that gives us 2P+K and most people now would do 2P+KP into a mixup situation or 2P+K 6 2P and do another mixup situation there (this one is actually the better of the two). But he actually doesn't need those at all especially since imo his stun game is subpar at best. Now I found this which on NH is insane damage on its own. 2P+K K KK4 P+K H+K now that is 85 damage on NH. Which is insane and this is only in open space. Now let's look at this further. Let's say we're in the tiger stage and we positioned them near the bouncy balls, and did this exact setup again but changed his ender to 2PK instead. After that following up with 1PPK. All of that is roughly close to 120 damage. Now think about that. That was all off of a stun - launch setup that's guaranteed. On NH that's some insane damage. Point I'm trying to make here is that you guys should use these more. Btw that setup works on lights - heavies. On weights like Rachel, Bass, Bayman, Leon. His BT T is stronger than this setup and the stun - launch for his HS air throw. So I suggest to opt for that against those characters.

PS: After finding this I'm convinced he doesn't need any buffs he's plenty solid and easily sitting in high tier status in this game. I also understand why they took away his 6K sitdown stun, since considering all of his guaranteed setups already he's plenty solid in that regard. 6K giving him more guaranteed options would make him a complete monster. Anyways there's some info to play with good luck all in finding stuff.
BT T.T 2P+K 6 2P seems removed in 1.03A...

HoodsXx

Since this thread is sadly dead. Thought I'd spice it up a bit. If you guys are fine with me doing so, I'd like to make a guide for Brad Wong, so players can understand how he's meant to be played and what to do, and not to do during certain situations etc.

Tones

Premium Donor
Good to hear, don't think this is the thread for the discussion though. I would love to have a discussion with you about him to help you.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Since this thread is sadly dead. Thought I'd spice it up a bit. If you guys are fine with me doing so, I'd like to make a guide for Brad Wong, so players can understand how he's meant to be played and what to do, and not to do during certain situations etc.
I'm fine with you. ;)

It can still be used. It's just you have to condition the opponent to low block now in order to get it off in neutral.

ah, so you're saying if the opponent low blocks when the attack is executed it doesn't end the combo / immediately bounce?

hope i'm not confused...thanks for the update

HoodsXx

ah, so you're saying if the opponent low blocks when the attack is executed it doesn't end the combo / immediately bounce?

hope i'm not confused...thanks for the update

If the opponent is hit with 6K within stun or is hit with 6K on CH (counter hit). They will be put into a bound animation. But if theu are hit with 6K on NH (normal hit), they will be put in a sit down stun. So when they low block and get hit while they are crouching it'll still count as NH thus giving you a sit down stun.

ah okay now i see...interesting...i just tested it out. it's strange, i'd gotten so used to 6K's older properties. but i can properly work it in now :D

nanhoudrops, i'm curious. do you ever utilize 3.K (Ren-Jikusenho, it's that 2 part lying-stance kick that you get by quickly tapping 3 followed by K) . it's very useful when you anticipate a high or mid and are not in stun - it's quick enough that it's disorienting to an opponent. i think it's a great way to enter lying stance on counter hit. even if the opponent blocks, it has an identical follow-up kick or could also be free-canceled into LFT H+K, LFT P, or even Brad's infamous lying-stance offensive hold... the opponent doesn't have much time to choose between these options!

thoughts?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD