Brad Wong Vers 1.03 Gameplay videos

HoodsXx

This thread is dead pretty much... Anyways, here are a few sessions with me vs RyuJin. Feedback is appreciated.

ShinQuan

Good stuff! I tend to use Brads 4P a lot for its evasiveness and launch. Do you feel its useful? Great spacing :)

HoodsXx

Lol Yo Dark and definitely. 4P8 especially as it dodges but highs and mids. I use it at the beginning of a round because of that purpose if I know they'll 2P me out of LFT/LHT a lot.

Tones

Premium Donor
At the start of the first video you're very inactive. Not defensive, inactive. Notice how well you do when you pick up the pace.

You need to threat more and screw around with rhythm.

In the second video, the point you win the video is when you pull off the BT throw. The rhythm was broken by the counter which allowed you to finally land that 1pp BT throw. That's RyuJin fault though as you were trying to pull that throw off with the same set up in most round, since the first video.

Look into your 1p game. I gather you like to use it mid range which is nice. If it whiffs there the threat of the follow ups are more real and it also crushes. But from the initial 1p you should look into the options. From there the second p is a nice quick stike. Another option is to throw. You set the rhythm for them to block by a fast pp if they continue blockiing then just 1p and throw. If they wise up or if they try to interrupt then you should continue to set up the throw by using a delayed k or 2k.

Work on your sidestepping and crushing. When RyuJin was putting the pressure on his jabs and fast mids punches and mid kicks, you should be working on getting out of that situation as opposed to just copping it. The majority of the damage you copped was from tool from his game. Good job abusing his mid kicks btw, 90% of the counters where mid kicks.

From his side of the fence though, he was doing exactly what you should do as well. He was threatening you forcing you to sit still, counting rocks and jabs. The thing Brad Wong doesn't have which all characters other than 1-2 others is fast attacks which means other than interrupting, he can't play play that fast pseudo-safe attacks.

The matches where pretty good for both sides. Tick for tact and both of you had matches where you just did everything right.

HoodsXx

Thank, I"ll be sure to look into what you said about his 1P. Thanks a lot for the critique. I"ll be sure to work on things with him. Btw when someone constantly uses 2P to get you out of LFT/LHT would the best option be to just side roll until he decides to try and either low throw or use a slow tracking move, that you interrupt?

Tones

Premium Donor
Good point. Rolling is a good option. All transitioning into LHT has high and mid crushing properties, it's a nice complaint to roll asap. The other option you have is to press 4, from there options are to dash and throw, dash p+k, wait and 8 to freestepdodge an attack (doa4 you could dash in 6p+k), 2p+k for a whiff punish.

Sometimes you can get away with a quick k but that only works if they hesitate for a split second. Unless they naturally play like that you have to step them up to hesitate. When they hesitate you can then also just F or 4 and immediately follow those up.

Tones

Premium Donor
From the BT throw cancel or just BT, 2p+k p. I love that!

The last round of the Lisa fight was funny as hell. Punish of the year!

You're coming along aright. In your fights where you struggled a bit, it looked like you were trying some things. Fair enough. Just need to play high level opponents to get better. You still need to "threat" more. It is how you set up things to work. If you're trying new things, just playing the threat game will be enough to make it work.

That Lisa sucked at dealing with you.

HoodsXx

From the BT throw cancel or just BT, 2p+k p. I love that!

The last round of the Lisa fight was funny as hell. Punish of the year!

You're coming along aright. In your fights where you struggled a bit, it looked like you were trying some things. Fair enough. Just need to play high level opponents to get better. You still need to "threat" more. It is how you set up things to work. If you're trying new things, just playing the threat game will be enough to make it work.

That Lisa sucked at dealing with you.
By "threat" what do you mean by that exactly?

Tones

Premium Donor
Safe is something that has no guaranteed punish. Pseudo safe is a useful move that is not at all safe but the follow up is fast enough to interrupt their punishment. Pseudo safe is your friend and Threatening with moves is pseudo safe's hot mother. Without it there would be no pseudo safe but once you know about her your mind is able to start plotting.

Say you do 66k and sit there. That's threatening. If you pp, that's threatening. Some people don't know that much about Brad Wong and most people don't know how you play Brad Wong, so you need to set things up. Let them know what you like to do, let them know that you have X option as in the string, then stop using it. It's a refined version of baiting.

Ask threatening to collect the see snails from the bottom of the taken, then ask for the fish food from the bottom of the shelves behind her and then ask for the aqusacape item from the top of the shelves.

HoodsXx

More Brad videos coming. Subscribe if you feel like it. :) So you have some videos to watch :eek:. Old and new xD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD