System Buffs/nerfs

DR2K

I'm sorry, but how far does a person's head need to be up their own ass to not see how damn cheap the nerfed tools were?

If you're honestly upset about a high and MID crushing move losing deep stun property due to obvious reasons of cheapness, then you're just being a major inconsiderate baby.

I'm not happy with any move being at disadvantage on hit.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

It's a DOA staple that stuff is - on normal hit. It's probably because you're supposed to be trying to get a counter hit with the move, if the opponent is just standing there then use your throw or a nh critical stunning attack. In addition, most of them are due to being in string where you're using the string delay system as a faux-advantage to stop them from counter attacking or throwing you.

From my memory right now Mila is the only one (sans VF) that I think is + on nh with her 2P and 1P. Otherwise critical stuns are what give you advantage on hit.

---

Seriously, 33P is a great move to use for Helena. The input notation even has you crouch dashing to avoid any high attack or throw and the attack will continue to crush highs and mids. You should be using it as a counter-hit read attack, if you don't get a counter-hit and you don't feel like extending into her safe attack then you run the risk of punishment.

It's not like it matters anyways since no one punishes pokes, even on guard.

Intelligent Alpha

Strikes take too much priority! Strike-Throw setups (and the characters that don't have them naturally) are a pain in the ass. I understand how command throws take longer than normals, but if one is fast enough, a poke can beat out a normal throw (Bass/Tina have i4s, but they can be beat out)

But yeah, I don't see enough of that myself and here I used to throw bait before I learned other tricks, but I have to careful of that now. Tick throwing is very useful, but is the reset that occurs a problem? Someone said on fb that DOA TP (throw-punish) mechanic is ass since it messes up comboing all day long. It could be the reset, but I see too many players 44/66, too. So, idk.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I can't say I dislike Helena's nerfs. She not only deserves more, but people really put Alpha up on the ban chopping block instead of her. And for what? Because Alpha can crush anything? Because Alpha can repeatedly hump the floor and follow up with unreactable lows more than once? Oh it must be the guaranteed damage she has.

Don't get me wrong, I like all characters in DOA. But Zack is by far my least favorite character for preventing Helena's suicide. And now we have another character that can do BKO. So fuck her as well. :p

lotr9690

I can't say I dislike Helena's nerfs. She not only deserves more, but people really put Alpha up on the ban chopping block instead of her. And for what? Because Alpha can crush anything? Because Alpha can repeatedly hump the floor and follow up with unreactable lows more than once? Oh it must be the guaranteed damage she has.

Don't get me wrong, I like all characters in DOA. But Zack is by far my least favorite character for preventing Helena's suicide. And now we have another character that can do BKO. So fuck her as well. :p
Wait Helena got nerfs. :( I'm not too sad about it. I can adapt.
rezCctT.gif

I just hate that I have to go back and learn what they are and tweek my strategy...but yeah I don't want people complaining about Helena's nerfs. If I can competently win with her... anyone can. I don't even care if they get rid of BKO duck or make it longer recovery. I'm not even sure I ever use that tool anymore TBH. I guess sometimes, but sparingly. I think what's more important is the mind game.

I for the life of me can't understand people who have trouble against Alpha lol. I'm sorry I'm not trying to get into it. I feel I've had many experiences with really really "good/exploitative/harrowing/dangerous/yada yada" Alpha players and it's not easy to fight her but I just don't see her as a huge threat. That's just my opinion. I don't want people reporting back anymore Alpha stuff lol.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Just remember 236p is like 12- so she takes risks of getting throw punished for doing it. 236p has no tracking so they can sidestep it if they wanna.

Not really the point. All 9P animations are like what, -4 or -5? so it's already safe. With the added option, it'll give her more incentive to continue pressure... if that makes sense. As opposed to having to block or minuet/rondo. She now has that added option to continue with the string if the person gets head strong. It's just another thing for her opponent to worry about after her 9P animations.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I cant wait to see what "nerfs" they give to Christie and the joy it gives people only for TN to sneak a secret buff in under the table that makes her even worse like they do in every version. That rage will be awesome.

See, this is the problem I have with this community. People like to treat eachother like bitches rather than actually play the game.

People have spent too much time being trolls and forgot what this is all about. Self improvement? Fuck that, I'm picking this zero execution cheap thing right here, lol u a jok.

In a community where people are extremely lazy and people drop characters for bandwagons and one-man-army types, it's no wonder when someone actually semi-competent bodies a whole lot of people with a supposedly shit character in a tourney.

Even Tekken has moves that are minus on hit. It's nothing new.

It's a DOA staple that stuff is - on normal hit. It's probably because you're supposed to be trying to get a counter hit with the move, if the opponent is just standing there then use your throw or a nh critical stunning attack. In addition, most of them are due to being in string where you're using the string delay system as a faux-advantage to stop them from counter attacking or throwing you.

From my memory right now Mila is the only one (sans VF) that I think is + on nh with her 2P and 1P. Otherwise critical stuns are what give you advantage on hit.

---

Seriously, 33P is a great move to use for Helena. The input notation even has you crouch dashing to avoid any high attack or throw and the attack will continue to crush highs and mids. You should be using it as a counter-hit read attack, if you don't get a counter-hit and you don't feel like extending into her safe attack then you run the risk of punishment.

It's not like it matters anyways since no one punishes pokes, even on guard.

Pretty much this.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
See, this is the problem I have with this community. People like to treat each other like bitches rather than actually play the game.

People have spent too much time being trolls and forgot what this is all about. Self improvement? Fuck that, I'm picking this zero execution cheap thing right here, lol u a jok.

In a community where people are extremely lazy and people drop characters for bandwagons and one-man-army types, it's no wonder when someone actually semi-competent bodies a whole lot of people with a supposedly shit character in a tourney.
Nah, fuck this..

I don't treat anyone like a bitch nor do I appreciate being "called out" for it when some of your more known players have been known to be disrespectful to people who have helped others in the game because they said some shit they didn't like or agree with.

You(should) know damn well what you were getting into when you pick Bass Armstrong just as any Akira, Jacky or Ein player knows what they are getting into when they go into training mode. Stop resenting the people who play top teir because your character is hard because frankly I am sick of reading it to be honest. I respect people who play those characters and learn them yet you guys are constantly taking snide underhanded potshots at people who play those characters you hate because they aren't Awesmic, E-Mann, Mr. Kwiggle or Sweet Revenge.

Furthermore people pick different characters for different reasons. I picked Christie because I like how she fights and moves. She kept me coming back into a game I was originally going to overlook. They could nerf her into the shit tier and I would still play her. Actually, I am HOPING they nerf her so some of you people could shut the hell up about her being "OMG TOO OP TOO OP"

Since we are talking about problems and things we hate in the "FGC", let me rag on this bullshit "patch culture" we have in fighting games nowadays. People don't want to sit down and learn how to beat something or avoid bad situations so they cry on social media or cry to community managers about something being "OP OP TOO OP" so we get a billion patches that make a game worse than it originally was balance wise and generally turns a good game into somewhat of a clusterfuck. When they realize all these dumb ass patches don't address the real problem(people not wanting to learn a matchup properly) they shit on the people who do play a character they have trouble with. Its not just a problem here either its across the board in the FGC.

TL;DR Don't fuck with me because I decide to poke fun at how whinny some people are and if you are going to fire off shots at someone fire them off at people who actually DO treat people like bitches and do disrespectful shit. And please for the love of god exercise good shot placement please.

DR2K

I cant wait to see what "nerfs" they give to Christie and the joy it gives people only for TN to sneak a secret buff in under the table that makes her even worse like they do in every version. That rage will be awesome.

I wouldn't mind if they removed her side step cancels and went back to her DOA4 stance.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so i just checked Bayman command list , in the stream it was 105 however in Ultimate its 107. so Bayman LOST two moves.

im guessing they took away two of the redundant grabs one from 46T that he shares with Leon and probably his neck swing from behind because he had two inputs for it. not what i was looking for but im not going to complain those moves did bother me

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
TL;DR Don't fuck with me because I decide to poke fun at how whinny some people are and if you are going to fire off shots at someone fire them off at people who actually DO treat people like bitches and do disrespectful shit. And please for the love of god exercise good shot placement please.

Calm down, non of that was aimed at you, but if you feel that way, then forgive me. If I wanted to call you a bitch, I'd come down to US and you can slap me in the face for free if that makes you feel better lol

KwonJigglypuff

That was a nice stream. Hopefully the final build will bring new stuff/buffs.

I noticed Lisa had 117 moves in this build, when she has 108 in DOA5U, so I'm curious to see what they changed in her command list, I don't think she got 15 new moves, lol.

Yurlungur

:rachel:

• Yurlungur(stomp) is now +13(from +14) on hit
  • qcf+P and ppp are now -1
:momiji:
  • More moves
  • simplified izuna movement to 82+T
:ayane:
  • 4p launches on normal hit
  • new moves
:alpha152: & :phase4:
  • jab is i10