Can Hayate take on Hayabusa?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I don't know much about the Mugen Clan since I've only played DOA5 onwards.

Even though I'm a ride or die Hayabusa fan, I always leaned towards playing as Hayate in DOA5 as I feel like Busa plays like an old man.

How big of a difference in power is between these two canonically.

Is Ayane stronger than Hayate?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayate canonically is probably the worst of the 5 ninja, I mean yeah he shot a helicopter out of the sky with just a bow.... But he also gets beat by just normal humans like Hitomi and Bayman canonically and constantly gets captured.

(The whole reason Ein and Project Epsilon even exists is because he was an idiot and fucked up against Raidou's steal technique knocking him out cold)

Nikotsumi

Even Marie Rose is stronger than Hayate.

Joking aside, from what they've shown Hayate definitely seems to be weakest ninja. He literally couldn't even defeat a Kasumi clone (who was likely holding back) on his own, not to mention his fight with Rig......

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Who would be the 2nd best then?

(Kasumi,Momiji,Ayane?)

I'm leaning towards Momiji but I don't know how good Kasumi and Ayane are.

T..J. Bernard

If we're talking story then I think no. Hayate's built pretty weak compared to Kasumi, Ayane, & even Ryu in regards to his character. I mean Kasumi avenged Hayate taking on Raidou and was the one who ultimately took out Alpha (Hayate helped a bit with Alpha). Ryu beat a Tengu and Ayane took on her father and defeated him (I mean hayate helped but Ayane got the glory). Minus the parentheses I mentioned, where did Hayate have a big win for himself? False Kasumi? Rig? And even that victory he botched. Plus he held L's to Hitomi and Bayman (He won in the runback). It seems he's been more there for support and this is for someone who's possibly going to take the keys after Shiden's done. Maybe in DOA 6 he'll be built much stronger. We'll wait and see. If we're talking gameplay then Hayate can beat anyone. He has one of the more versatile movesets in the game. He can space cause he has moves that can get him in (3h+k for example) and he can play close. Hayate's definitely a great character gameplay wise. :hayate: But story got him like :oops:

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Can Hayate take on Hayabusa? Not even in ten years. While I do play Hayate as well, he isn't exactly portrayed in the best light. He got kidnapped twice and hardly accomplished anything. Its almost like TN hates him and is deliberately trying to make him look bad. That being said, he is supposedly the best character (in terms of gameplay) in the Japanese tiers.

P2p1mbs

Short answer: no

Ignoring the discussion of who can beat the other in a match in a normal game (which is dependent on the skill of the individual player), it is very clear in universe that Ryu is canonically THE BEST fighter. From what I remember from the story modes of Dimensions and 5, we only ever fight against Ryu once as Hayate and this fight was interrupted by Ayane meaning that in the series main story, Ryu has never been beaten. Not only that, he was directly involved in killing every boss in the series; he distracted Raidou before he can kill Kasumi allowing her to kill him; he killed Tengu by himself (after he just beat Ein); he helped Ayane and Hayate kill Genra since they could not beat him together; and he was the first of the 4 main ninjas to beat Alpha-152 at her/it's strongest form. Not only that, he beat Alpha alone unlike Hayate who needed help from Ayane and while Kasumi was the one who killed Alpha on her own, you can argue that Alpha was already weakened from fighting the other 3 ninjas.

Lets also not forget that Hayate was captured 2 times in the story and the only reason he got out the first time was because he was considered too weak compared to Kasumi and thrown out and became Ein. And that isnt even taking consideration everything Ryu has done in the NG games which Hayate has NOT appeared in unlike her sisters.

Basically, it is very clear that Hayate is regarded as the weakest of the 4 main ninjas (even Momiji has done more in the NG games) and as such can NEVER beat Ryu/

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I've thrown my back out before and couldn't do any heavy lifting for a couple days while I healed up. I can't imagine what living with a broken back will do to you.

Edit: I woulnd't be surprised if making Hayate badass in DOA6 is actually a priority for TN. Making all the ninjas in general more badass because of how comical the series turned in 4 but Hayate specifically.

Last edited:

Sotherius

I've been honestly thinking about that a lot in those days i passed without internet access.

Hayate is missed oportunity story wise. He "should" be stronger than he his.

The dude achieved black belt level of karate in a matter of days while amnesiac. (and don't come with this crap that ein is better, they're the same person, hayate didn't lose ein when he recovered his memories), he probably had the best mugen tenshin training his whole life, but he ends up being a jobber.

And then, truth hit me like an arrow. Hayate, besides the Raidou case (that was truly jobbing at its finest), is really unlucky, he seems to have all the skills, but he is the one getting caught in traps, and machinations, maybe his personality, anyways. The other thing, is that he is a plot device, he is the driving force of 3 characters, 2 of them being the main characters (Ayane, Kasumi and Hitomi), so, having him as the damsel in distress is often used to bring the importance of the main characters up, same way Jo Hayabusa ends up being a jobber in ninja gaiden.

If we go by feats, Hayate is a jobber, but from a potential, and skills standpoint, he should be higher.

Could he defeat Hayabusa? Nah, Ryu Hayabusa is like, meant to be the unbeatable force, he is leagues higher than anyone else, which shouldn't stop you from thinking that the other characters are powerful, i believe hayate is easily strong enough to kill a greater fiend on his own.

JAG THE GEMINI

Short answer: no

Ignoring the discussion of who can beat the other in a match in a normal game (which is dependent on the skill of the individual player), it is very clear in universe that Ryu is canonically THE BEST fighter. From what I remember from the story modes of Dimensions and 5, we only ever fight against Ryu once as Hayate and this fight was interrupted by Ayane meaning that in the series main story, Ryu has never been beaten. Not only that, he was directly involved in killing every boss in the series; he distracted Raidou before he can kill Kasumi allowing her to kill him; he killed Tengu by himself (after he just beat Ein); he helped Ayane and Hayate kill Genra since they could not beat him together; and he was the first of the 4 main ninjas to beat Alpha-152 at her/it's strongest form. Not only that, he beat Alpha alone unlike Hayate who needed help from Ayane and while Kasumi was the one who killed Alpha on her own, you can argue that Alpha was already weakened from fighting the other 3 ninjas.

Lets also not forget that Hayate was captured 2 times in the story and the only reason he got out the first time was because he was considered too weak compared to Kasumi and thrown out and became Ein. And that isnt even taking consideration everything Ryu has done in the NG games which Hayate has NOT appeared in unlike her sisters.

Basically, it is very clear that Hayate is regarded as the weakest of the 4 main ninjas (even Momiji has done more in the NG games) and as such can NEVER beat Ryu/

Sry but DOA3 was BEFORE DOAD so for me, DOA3 and it´s true Ending(Ayane killing Genra WITHOUT Hayabusa) is true.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD