News Capcom Sues Koei-Tecmo

Capcom has decided to sue Koei-Tecmo over patent infringement for 50 titles for about 9.43 million. However, this patent started back in 2002, before games like Dead or Alive: Ultimate were even released. So I wonder what this will do to Team Ninja, and how they are involved.

Another patent was mentioned that KT copied a controller vibrating feature for invite notifications that has "greatly contributed" to Tecmo's game sales. I'm sorry... to those that are blind and deaf at the same time!?

Capcom is looking for 5-10% in licensing fees. They're also demanding that several Koei Tecmo games are suspended in sales.

God, just go bankrupt capcom
That's probably not too far off at the current rate their company is going. They have good IPs, just don't use them: Dragons Dogma was/is a surprise hit, I'd adore seeing a second one; & I can't remember the last time Cashcom did a Mega Man game. If there's anything good to come from this is that T/K will stop following Crapcoms example.

Fuck Crapcom, greedy ass company that doesn't give a shit about its fanbase trying to come up and take away from a company that actually listens to its fans and comes through to keep their games updated with content even years after release. Capcom could never be that type of conglomerate, if something is broken about their game they prefer to let the chips fall where they may and not do a single thing to fix it they're lazy maybe once in a blue moon they will do something. I only ever liked Capcom for the Resident Evil series, I hope they crash & burn with this lawsuit and that KT establishes a counter-suit, bitches.

damn is capcom really that thirsty for money
please just die, your time has come and gone.
I remember when I was young and thirsty for a few of Capcom's wonders.

Megaman X.

Tech Romancer.

Darkstalkers.

Karin Kanzuki.

Akira Kazama, my young love...

7763ee72be2e163adf38b2a66cb75655.jpg

Ah, my youth. How I miss it.

Last edited:
This move has pretty much been universally hated by EVERYONE. Not just by Tecmo Koei fans, but by damn near everyone.

I literally don't understand how Capcom believes that this is not a PR nightmare for them, especially since a HUGE amount of Dynasty Warriors fans are IN JAPAN!

It's the equivalent of stabbing yourself in the neck for $100. Sure, you get the money you need to keep yourself afloat for a little while longer, but you are gonna die soon due to your stupidity.

go fuck yourselves capcom!! not that it'll hurt them, but i will NEVER buy one of their products EVER. they are a cancer to the gaming industry and i hope their unbridled greed comes back to bite them in the ass very soon and very painfully.

go fuck yourselves capcom!! not that it'll hurt them, but i will NEVER buy one of their products EVER. they are a cancer to the gaming industry and i hope their unbridled greed comes back to bite them in the ass very soon and very painfully.

Not even Megaman or Monster Hunter? But yeah, fuck SF & RE now.

Capcom shareholders recently voted to not renew the takeover defense agreement. They are going to further run the company image into the ground for a quick buck and then sell it off. This pisses me off because I enjoy many Capcom IPs even if I hate the management. I'm worried about who is going to buy them or if perhaps the IPs will be sold off piece by piece.

This is a culture that's starting to take place recently. SNK sued Square-Enix a couple weeks ago as well.. I foresee more things like this in the future.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD