Character changes and likes/dislikes..

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I play Mei Fang in AH3, man. I live low tier. I just don't care about DOA enough to bother labbing tech when they nerf characters like Eliot or Bass and put in Rachel.

HaJiN

- Dojo in tag (infinite tag combos galore)
- Helena's 4p having tracking
- Tokyo and heliport stages
- Power launchers are amazing (I don't believe in comeback gimmicks, so I think PL should replace PB)
- Alpha's nerfs - they are fair, yet she is still a really good character. Good job TN :)
- The tutorial is pretty good. It doesn't stack up to the tutorial in VF4 or 5 because DOA's tutorial uses confusing wording sometimes.

DISLIKES:
- Combo challenge is sometimes impossible. Many times it chooses combos that aren't practical at all because they suck or they are simply too hard to do (Ein, Gen Fu, Jacky, Akira, Eliot)
- Weird pause after Helena's 2F+K connects
- Helena's 66p now being -9 on block
- Helena's F+K on block properties
- The new ground game is simply horrible
- Rachel's force tech game
- Virtua Fighter characters having a weird pause after they do certain moves, especially Sarah.
- Not being able to find any ranked matches except through throwdowns
- Desert and forest stages. I disabled them on my random filter because they are very uneven and uncompetitive

DOA5 was very cheap, but every character had something that was a little ridiculous. I think I would rather have that than a game where everyone and everything got nerfed. I am especially unhappy about Sarah's nerfs.

Brute

Standard Donor
- Combo challenge [...] chooses combos that aren't practical at all because they suck
They wanted me to end a juggle with Ryu's 7K instead of his air grab (which was possible to do with the exact combo they provided), which nets less damage and has a lower chance of hitting walls/environment hazards.
The combos are pretty stupid if you ask me. Not efficient in the slightest.

Chapstick

There's a lot I like and some things I dislike, but this is everything off the top of my head:

Likes-
New outfits look fantastic
Lei Fang has a kick from unshu now
Ayane's spin getting changed to 1P+K1, now she can KBD
Ayane's changes in general besides her nerfs here and there
Forest and lost world look great, desert looks much more vibrant than its NG counterpart
Momiji
Combo challenge is fun when it isn't impossible even if their combos aren't that useful
Items in survival
Lots and lots of people online fighting

Dislikes-
What they did to Kasumi and how they changed her PPP strings
Lei Fang nerfs
Having to sit through that 10 second Rachel combo you can't do anything about
Rachel being able to stomp people that tech rolled as they hit the ground (unless that was a glitch in the lobby I was in)
Rachel spammers
Minimal outfits for new characters leading me to believe they'll get lots of dlc (the two girls I mean, TN hates guys)
Alpha is in survival now which makes no sense to me considering she isn't in arcade or time attack

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Why is it sad? Because of the nerfs?
Don't ever give up on your mains, thats the worse excuse you can do for yourself. If you love the characters so much don't give up. There aren't any limits in video games, I've seen low tiers beat high tiers..
Damn straight.

EDIT

Likes: Pretty much everything. But most importantly, I like the challenge of playing Christie without liberating force techs and a partially charged GB that gives the same advantage as a fully charged one. It's a personal test of my dedication, if anything. I'm seeing this through to the end.

Dislikes: My dislikes have nothing to do with the game, but rather dealing with my own personal demons when playing the game.

Last edited:

R2Pichu

costume pre order DLC
Christie didnt change

Dislikes: Ayane's power blow and her spinny spin change
Kasumi limited to like 4 back flips Kasumi feels sturdy n not likegraceful n light lol (or its just me)
It feels like tag with partners is delayed when u wanna hold ppl

Codemaster92163

Can't say I'm pleased with the second nerf to 66H+K and the stricter buffering. Why the hell does that move need longer recovery? It was already throw punishable and didn't relaunch, but now it sucks as a launch and the SDS property doesn't even guarantee 2P+K anymore (granted they SE fast enough) =/ I will say, though, that I'm glad to see they fixed the damage scaling issue Pai had with some of her launches.

There are a lot of things character wise that I like. But I dislike Rachel's superiority, and still unhappy with Alpha's B.U.R.S.T. throw damage.

Xernuht

So far, I'm enjoying 5U. It's interesting relearning the old characters, for better (Hitomi, Brad, Mila) or worse (Kasumi, Hayabusa, VFs)

As far as the new characters go, I really like what they did with Momiji in just about every regard, and I hope she's now as much a mainstay of DOA as she is in NG. Rachel's fun, but I won't be able to play her seriously unless her force tech gets nerfed. Jacky's a VF, but he's one I can really enjoy just screwing around with. Leon's cool, but I was never really good with slow characters. Ein... is much worse than Hitomi IMHO.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Izunas back to 80 damage, Cliff Izunas (and the obligatory TAAAAAAAA scream) ;),
Lost World and Sky City Tokyo.
Tutorial (finally know how to slow escape it's remembering to actually do it
Much improved netcode, I can actually play on Xbox now
Ein is back in all his glory
Momiji

Dislikes:
Broken ranked makes playing online a chore if you don't wanna play tag or random lobbies
Rachels damn air grab combo :mad:
Ein's nerfs, Hayabusa's nerfs

Tenryuga

Things I like:

Ein - "TORIYAH!!" and the wall rape begins.

Leon - His offense is legitimate. Feels like a real rushdown character.

Kasumi - New taunt. 9PK bound. Reset throw. Frame advantage + speed are delicious in this game.

Things I dislike:

How bounds are great for characters like Ein but damn near useless for other characters that probably could have benefitted from them.

The high level of invinciblity grounded opponents have. Things are already bias toward the defender in this game and they just now gained something else in thier favor.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Just a heads up to VF characters complaining about their frame trap moves no longer working. FYI, I haven't confirmed this on any DOA specific characters yet.

I went through Akira's frame data and noticed that only the frame trap moves have additional recovery frames when they hit a blocking opponent. Even though there are more recovery frames, the opponent is also experiencing the additional amount of recovery frames before they can initiate one of their moves. For example, Akira's :4::6::P: is 14(2)20 when not blocked. When blocked, it is 14(2)25. Akira is still at +1, but there are 5 frames where both the opponent and Akira cannot initiate another string. It's just going to take some getting used to.

Codemaster92163

:6::6::H+K: is like that as well, but the issue with the longer recovery is that its launch effect is now worse, and so are the guaranteed options I once had after it connected.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
:6::6::H+K: is like that as well, but the issue with the longer recovery is that its launch effect is now worse, and so are the guaranteed options I once had after it connected.
Wait, so you get those extended recovery frames on hit? Not block? Sounds like they changed all the whole move, not just a property.

Codemaster92163

The recovery is all around longer, but the -5 on block remained the same. So both of us take longer to recover on block, but only I take longer to recover on hit.

Codemaster92163

It's not, I promise you. Why they decided to tamper with our recovery on that move is beyond me. We lost guaranteed attacks as well as even more juggle potential because of it. Not only that, but the longer recovery coupled with the stricter buffering often leaves us just standing there if we accidentally input our commands during the recovery period.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD