Competitive balance: DOA5U mechanics changes

Max536Drago

I see sit-down bounces (it's not called bound in DOA) as a mechanic to balance what use to be sit-down stuns in DOA, like Kasumi's 66KK, that was so annoying, and she could do it like twice in a row. Same with Fen Fu's 3PP,33P, that's not a sit-down stun anymore, thank God. It also makes more moves useful, like what @StrikerSashi said about Ein.

Tenryuga

Some characters don't benefit much from bounds if they are deep in the threshold. Ein is one of the characters that makes the best use of bounds; He nets high consistent damage across the board with them. Most other characters out damage their bounds with launchers at Critical level 1 which pretty much makes them useless for those characters. Another key quality Ein has is that he has a bound built in to his string meaning he has the potential to use it straight from the neutral game and get guaranteed damage.

d3v

You can hold back to block in DOA if I recall.
No crossups or left right mixups though.

Man, imagine if in tag mode, you could call your partner and they'd attack from your opponents back while you were attacking from the front and then you'd get a full combo out of it.

MasterHavik

No crossups or left right mixups though.

Man, imagine if in tag mode, you could call your partner and they'd attack from your opponents back while you were attacking from the front and then you'd get a full combo out of it.
Ah I get you. True true.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm good, 2D fighters are trash except for smash bros.

You realize Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 Vanilla are the reasons why the Fighting game genre regained A LOT of it's strength back, right? Fighting games were on the verge of death. We would not have a lot of what we have today if it weren't for these games sparking a lot of life back into players.

Also yes we call them bounds in DOA, so that is what they are called. Sit-down stuns and bounds are entirely different stuns and have different properties.

Genfu's 3PP was never a sit-down stun, it was a crumple stun, and still is a crumple stun. Crumple stuns are slightly similiar to sit-down stuns, but do not provide the same stun properties. And as for Genfu, if you DO NOT stagger escape the first 3PP crumple stun, the rest is guaranteed.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Except I wanted positive changes to the game, to make it better. TN only listens to the ones that wanna make it worse
1) Not entirely true
2) Even if true, that doesn't make your statement any less of an oxymoron

MasterHavik

@iHajinShinobi Oh darn how could I forget those? Ein has some ones too. Zack could be on there, but he has only one good bound. So yeah not as great as those characters.
If everyone has them, then everyone should be able to benefit from them, not just a select few. It's really dumb how they applied them to some characters.
Yeah it is. Zack didn't get too screwed, but people i like to use like Bass and Christie got screwed.

Max536Drago

You realize Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 Vanilla are the reasons why the Fighting game genre regained A LOT of it's strength back, right? Fighting games were on the verge of death. We would not have a lot of what we have today if it weren't for these games sparking a lot of life back into players.

Also yes we call them bounds in DOA, so that is what they are called. Sit-down stuns and bounds are entirely different stuns and have different properties.

Genfu's 3PP was never a sit-down stun, it was a crumple stun, and still is a crumple stun. Crumple stuns are slightly similiar to sit-down stuns, but do not provide the same stun properties. And as for Genfu, if you DO NOT stagger escape the first 3PP crumple stun, the rest is guaranteed.
No, in DOA they are called "sit-down bounces", not bounds, k thanks. I don't care what street fighter 4 did, I hate that spammy noob game that makes specials impossible to do (played it on 3DS).
Lol I'll admit I like super smash bros and will definitely get the new one when it comes out. It has its flaws but it's fun. Luigi, Sonic and Marth all day e'er day. XD
hehehe, Charizard and Bowser for me, all the way. lol

P1naatt1ke1tt0

No, in DOA they are called "sit-down bounces", not bounds, k thanks. I don't care what street fighter 4 did, I hate that spammy noob game that makes specials impossible to do (played it on 3DS).

hehehe, Charizard and Bowser for me, all the way. lol

Look, if everyone calls them bounds, they are bounds. Just like if everyone started to call the sun the blob, it would be called the blob.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

No one but you calls them sit-down bounces (they don't even bounce), lol. Everyone uses the term bounds for that particular stun. So they are being called bounds.

MasterHavik

some finally explaining to him that they are bounds the shitty name TN came up with was just to avoid copyright infringement from namco.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD