Creative Art Input Thread

Kodachi

Standard Donor
sorry Q_Q NSFW:hayate:
hayate_edited-2.png

was requested on tumblr

Argentus

IMG_20151215_184622.jpg

Quick concept sketch of other marvel characters to go with my redesign of Marie Batroc. Didn't really change much appearance wise but

Left is Mona Archon. Originally the unnamed token female archer of the Molan warriors (warrior versions of the Mole Man"s moloids.) She was the one apparently acting as liaison to Spider-Man after he dethroned the bad guy leader. He returns to power and she flees to join the other two as a band on the surface. I added the cloak and sunglasses. the former to look cool, the latter because having lived underground her eyes are unaccustomed to light.

Also of note is that while she's an archer, she's of a race that is at hulk levels of strength, so I'm noting that means she can fire a power with the power of a rail gun, so her "arrows" have enough force to pierce armor and pin people to walls. Also gives her an advantage over most archers in that she has an advantage in cqc thanks to her super strength and size.

The middle is Robin Vega, a mutant with the ability to turn into any metal. What makes her different from those with similar powers is the fact that she's actually DR. Vega, with a doctorate in metallurgy. So she can and does actually use her power efficiently.

The far right is Jillian, last of the Neyaphem. One of the band of demons in Azazel's, Nightcrawlers father, introduction, she's the only one not shown being kill led and its unknown what happened to her. I'm revealing Azazel abandoned her and the rest of the neyaphem to the knight templar Seraphim, and she escaped on her own later. Originally just a nightcrawler ish demon with wings, I'm revamping her into an out of her element naive girl but still hot headed and hedonistic (not to an extreme though). I'm also adjusting her original spear to be able to extend the handle and rotate the blade, switching between great sword, lance, and scythe, plus igniting with helfire.

These are the three core characters of this marvel comics story I'm writing, utilizing old one-off characters I took a liking to.

Thoughts?

Jadeinchains

View attachment 16578
Quick concept sketch of other marvel characters to go with my redesign of Marie Batroc. Didn't really change much appearance wise but

Left is Mona Archon. Originally the unnamed token female archer of the Molan warriors (warrior versions of the Mole Man"s moloids.) She was the one apparently acting as liaison to Spider-Man after he dethroned the bad guy leader. He returns to power and she flees to join the other two as a band on the surface. I added the cloak and sunglasses. the former to look cool, the latter because having lived underground her eyes are unaccustomed to light.

Also of note is that while she's an archer, she's of a race that is at hulk levels of strength, so I'm noting that means she can fire a power with the power of a rail gun, so her "arrows" have enough force to pierce armor and pin people to walls. Also gives her an advantage over most archers in that she has an advantage in cqc thanks to her super strength and size.

The middle is Robin Vega, a mutant with the ability to turn into any metal. What makes her different from those with similar powers is the fact that she's actually DR. Vega, with a doctorate in metallurgy. So she can and does actually use her power efficiently.

The far right is Jillian, last of the Neyaphem. One of the band of demons in Azazel's, Nightcrawlers father, introduction, she's the only one not shown being kill led and its unknown what happened to her. I'm revealing Azazel abandoned her and the rest of the neyaphem to the knight templar Seraphim, and she escaped on her own later. Originally just a nightcrawler ish demon with wings, I'm revamping her into an out of her element naive girl but still hot headed and hedonistic (not to an extreme though). I'm also adjusting her original spear to be able to extend the handle and rotate the blade, switching between great sword, lance, and scythe, plus igniting with helfire.

These are the three core characters of this marvel comics story I'm writing, utilizing old one-off characters I took a liking to.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing I didn't see this based on it almost never alerting me when I'm on anything other than my laptop but I think these characters look and sound cool Argentus. I've never been super into comics but I like the characters and enjoy seeing the thought put into them.

Considering Doax3 will have hundreds of outfits I'm sure something like this will be in the game.

Argentus

Another attempt at Norah, and some random doodles while watching Hulu.

IMG_20160103_121028_724.jpg
IMG_20160103_121342_973.jpg

I wanna keep practicing but as you can see with the doodles and me no longer able to draw Norahs face as well as before, its really hard. Like im hitting artists block I suppose

Argentus

IMG_20160104_200822_715.jpg

Test sketch of my OC Sylvie Argentus. Was testing how thick and wide I should make the hips and thighs as well as tail size. Going for how animals have pronounced hindquarters but slightly stylized. (I know legs are kinda stumpy though lol)

Blash

You really are getting better. If I may be so bold as to suggest;

A mistake I made for years was focusing too much on the forearm muscles. The muscle the gives the most definition (the brachioradialis), is smaller than what most people draw it. Look at female body builders. It actually crosses the arm (at the elbow end of the forearm) more so than follows the shape of the arm itself.

Great progress tho!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
As the others already mentioned it looks great and there's certainly a visible improvement. Most of all your lines are a lot cleaner and self-assured. Daily practice does wonders! :)
So THAT is Sylvie Argentus... Really nice design. Did you know that some think/thought you are a girl, because that's also your FB name? XD Cool wordplay in the name also. Even if many won't get it that is imho part of good and multi layered character design too.

Argentus

Nice sketch Argentus you are definitely improving!
Thanks I probably won't be able to do anything that good again for a while XD

Wow. That fanart is really good. I have to start doing daily sketch's again.
Its a hard habit to keep up

You really are getting better. If I may be so bold as to suggest;

A mistake I made for years was focusing too much on the forearm muscles. The muscle the gives the most definition (the brachioradialis), is smaller than what most people draw it. Look at female body builders. It actually crosses the arm (at the elbow end of the forearm) more so than follows the shape of the arm itself.

Great progress tho!
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, though in this case enlarged firearms and hands are intentional for the monster design. I feel like I drew the hands too small lol

As the others already mentioned it looks great and there's certainly a visible improvement. Most of all your lines are a lot cleaner and self-assured. Daily practice does wonders! :)
So THAT is Sylvie Argentus... Really nice design. Did you know that some think/thought you are a girl, because that's also your FB name? XD Cool wordplay in the name also. Even if many won't get it that is imho part of good and multi layered character design too.
Yes but I'm too stubborn to actually change the actual fb profile lol. Most people have been corrected by now though.

Also yes she's a grey fox who acts as a wood elf so the name just fell in place. The first name I've just always liked but I did a little research for the last name. Almost went with "Argenteous" but felt like it was too many syllables as well as not being sure how I should spell it (pronounced Ar-jen-TAY-us). Dropped the Tay for simplicity.

Most of my characters names just wound up having meaning even though a few of them are intentional lol

But yeah I enjoy her so much she's basically replaced who I meant to be the main character of my story. Though she doesn't become prominent until later on

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thought I'd share two hairstyle designs for Kasumi I liked. One is if she mid parted her hair, and the other is if she went for a bobcut look(I don't like short hair, but i strangely love bobcuts 0_0)
IMG_20160302_195601.jpg

Just a blue pen rough sketch, I know it looks bad:oops: Ignore the cut off bottom face, I sketch enough faces and hairstyles to fill up the whole page XD

Argentus

Thought I'd share two hairstyle designs for Kasumi I liked. One is if she mid parted her hair, and the other is if she went for a bobcut look(I don't like short hair, but i strangely love bobcuts 0_0)
View attachment 19969
Just a blue pen rough sketch, I know it looks bad:oops: Ignore the cut off bottom face, I sketch enough faces and hairstyles to fill up the whole page XD
Thats adorable I love it!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD