DOA5LR Customization Mode for DOA6

LightSonic

I'd actually really like a customization mode if they do it right. Each character should get their own unique customization items so that way it will at least look like it fits them instead of being really random looking.

Plus, I think this would be nice for characters like Ein who don't have many costumes. (Though I can see them just giving him of all people almost nothing to work with..) If they did this, I imagine the DLC would still be a full costume, but we can just take parts of it and use it on other customs.

Nyte

Bringing this up because I was about to make a topic on it until I hit the search bar.

Not only do I want customization for DOA6, but the series desperately needs it. I remember back when DOA5 was still in development, they said they weren't putting in customization so that each character would be unique. "Alright" I thought. Then I learned what that actually meant. It allowed them to nickel-and-dime the customers endlessly. "Like this costume? Buy it for that character!", "Want to have this in a different color? Pony up the cash!".

If customization were in place, they could still charge you for clothes, but you would get much more bang for your buck. Take SCV for example. By far the best thing about that game was the CAS mode. The DLC packs were actually worth buying because mix-and-match, use them on any characters, color them, and create something completely new. You could personalize your own fighters, which would work well with the game. Imagine Tag Team, where you give fighters matching outfits. If they put this in the game and supported it like they support the costume packs in DOA, the options for character customization would be endless. Just imagine all the cool stuff people could make with an SC-like customization mode, only with more enhanced features. I could only imagine all the cool things people would make with this mode.

I'm not sure if there should be a full-on character creator though. There's pluses and minuses. the pluses is having the freedom to create things from your own imagination, and being able to show it to the world. But the minuses being that it kinda cheapens the value of the cast. SCV online was full of people making remake of various characters from pop culture. While seeing Cloud fight Abraham Lincoln online gave me a good laugh, I'm not sure if I want to see that in DOA.

Macca Beam

If customization were in place, they could still charge you for clothes, but you would get much more bang for your buck.
You most likely wouldn't. Games with a customization system have had a far more terrible model than anything TN has pulled in DOA5.
SCV: pay for one costume you want plus a bunch of irrelevant shit
VF5: pay $15 for one costume you want plus a bunch of irrelevant shit just for one character

"Want to have this in a different color? Pony up the cash!"
Also this isn't exactly the situation with the current DLCs, but if you played something like 2 Ultimate you'd be expected to pony up time and effort for 50,000 recolors.

In any case I wanna throw it out there that I'm against customization and I'm glad TN hasn't pulled the trigger so far. For starters, mixing and matching is just flat out inferior to having a whole, coherent set; customization ironically leads straight to the current copy/paste "issue" many people seem to be against; 99% of the populate has a pretty shit sense of aesthetics; it does in fact diminish the cast's distinction; and the game already has enough visibility issues.

DedUp

I would like a limited customization feature. Have 3 or 4 base costumes that you can customize and limit that to changing colours of different parts of the outfit as well as adding and removing accessories like gloves, boots, jackets, hats, etc. Having more hair and glasses options would be nice too.

At one time I would have been all for full customization but I've changed my mind after seeing the horrors of Tekken Tag 2 / Tekken 7 customizations. (I can't wait until Tekken 7 FR release in Japanese arcades so I can see Akuma rocking a neon pink afro and some booty shorts) I also hate items on characters that just hover and don't appear to be attached to anything (items on the back are usually the worst offenders).

Kris Emery

Lol keep wishing TN is milking the crap outta DLC with their 300th season pass I just hope the dlc from this game is free on the next installment

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD