Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

MajesticBlue

I think it is kinda funny people are not abusing it yet. All I know is If I stick with the game I would want to use somebody who can do it. I didn't see it at all at NEC. So either it isn't as good as I think it is, or nobody wants to incorporate it. Maybe not enough people know about it yet.

For the most part I agree that some tools should be universal. The reason I see no problem with this(fuzzy back dash) is I feel Team Ninja released the game half finished. All this does is prove that there is a large gap in the tier list and that a handfull of characters are in another leauge all together. Most of the characters who have it are already some of the best in the game. Team Ninja nerfed the hell out of some characters and gave some of them very few tools, I don't see how the lack of one more is gonna hurt them.

The plus side to the glitch is it could create the meta game. While only having a few characters viable, it also creates depth. Let's be honest the game isn't exactly balanced anyways. If Team Ninja does massive buffing and makes the other half the cast solid, then I could see why maybe it should go. Whoever finds something broken in the game after the last patch wins!

Another thing about the tool is that you are putting yourself into a wall or corner faster. Not exactly a prime place to be. In other fighting game communities I see people try and abuse everything. They find something and everybody is on top of it. Yet nothing here. Just weird.

Nightpup

Current tier list is a large gap. Most people are clueless about character tools and their leagues.
Didn't he just say that? :V
Most people aren't exactly clueless about what characters are good, and what characters are bad. People can acknowledge Jann and Kasumi, etc. when they see them.

Julius Rage

I honestly just think people are trying to find something to take away because they don't like the way it looks rather than it being fair or unfair.

Sarah can backdash faster than Ayanes roll - thats a glitch and I find it funny that Jeff likes your idea because his character can do it. Team Ninja did not intend for it to be in there and you can tell because of how unnatural the animation looks.

Julius Rage

That doesn't make it broken
It makes ayane useless her game is predicated on getting out fast if her best tool is in the hands of a better character then why bother and conversely Sarah is a beast without it. PLUS ITS A GLITCH and its like if Bass could trick the game into canceling from a normal grab to an OH mid move

Jefffcore

Sarah can backdash faster than Ayanes roll - thats a glitch and I find it funny that Jeff likes your idea because his character can do it. Team Ninja did not intend for it to be in there and you can tell because of how unnatural the animation looks.

It makes ayane useless her game is predicated on getting out fast if her best tool is in the hands of a better character then why bother and conversely Sarah is a beast without it. PLUS ITS A GLITCH and its like if Bass could trick the game into canceling from a normal grab to an OH mid move
Like how wake up kicks are fine?

It doesn't make Ayane's roll useless, they can't dash that fast forward. Only a few can do it; so what if it's faster than Ayane's? Ayane's is faster than Jann Lee's.
No, but can you honestly tell me that it isn't a glitch that gives character advantages they shouldn't have?
"Shouldn't have" is entirely a matter of opinion.

Zeo

"Shouldn't have" is entirely a matter of opinion.

Shouldn't have something that gives them an advantage is a matter of opinion.

Shouldn't have something that was never intended to be there in the first place, is not.

Jefffcore

You're dancing around the statement.
Everyone has tools that give them advantage that other don't, it's how fighting games work. You don't like it because it was an accident; therefore it's broken and should be removed because you have justification.

Where you see broken, I see another tool.

Untechables? Accidents. Helena's untechable? Much more "broken" than the back dash.

Reactions: d3v

Jefffcore

Warping in a 2D fighter and back-dashing in a 3D are 2 completely different things. You can back yourself into a wall still. Pretty quickly if you're not careful.

DR2K

Everyone has tools that give them advantage that other don't, it's how fighting games work. You don't like it because it was an accident; therefore it's broken and should be removed because you have justification.

Where you see broken, I see another tool.

Untechables? Accidents. Helena's untechable? Much more "broken" than the back dash.

Right, but this goes beyond the scope of the game and how it was designed. Helena's shouldn't have the untechable nosense though. I say this as a Helena user.

When you design a game you should design it to make logical sense. It's pretty obvious this is just a glitch with the newer animations in the engine and nothing more. I wouldn't exactly call the DOA5 and VF5 newcomers as character that would be designed with a tool like this in mind.

Warping in a 2D fighter and back-dashing in a 3D are 2 completely different things. You can back yourself into a wall still. Pretty quickly if you're not careful.

Not if you're playing to win. There's no honor in how you win, just do it by any means necessary. By that logic nothing should be banned no matter what.

Jefffcore

What's not logical? That some characters can move backward faster? I don't see what's illogical. They just move backward faster.

People need to stop asking for things to be taken out because "you think" it's broken. Figure out how to deal with it.

DR2K

What's not logical? That some characters can move backward faster? I don't see what's illogical. They just move backward faster.

They way they animate, the fact that they are blocking and moving, and the fact that they can cover an entire arena in the blink of an eye.Why does the character with a built in backdash not have this tool?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD