Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

synce

Recently the game's been telling me I've signed out even though I haven't, then when I try going back online it tells me I need to be connected to a network even though I'm still signed on and everything. To fix it I sign out for real then sign back on

Also recently I haven't been able to join certain rooms. At first I thought maybe it's my firewall but even with a direct connection the problem persists

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I haven't read this entire thread so dunno if this has been mentioned, but the sidestep setting has changed on a couple of occasions from 22/88 to 2/8P+K+H during a match, but when I go check it out in the settings it is still right (22/88).

NightAntilli

I haven't read this entire thread so dunno if this has been mentioned, but the sidestep setting has changed on a couple of occasions from 22/88 to 2/8P+K+H during a match, but when I go check it out in the settings it is still right (22/88).
This was supposed to be fixed by the last patch, but, it still happens from time to time, albeit a lot less often than before.

DontForkWitMe

apparently replays are fucked with saved matches showing random shit that never happened in the actual match or cutting off before the match finishes.. its already retarded that it doesn't show the players names or allow people to upload them unless they are s rank but at least make them not completely worthless.

such a glitch filled bug-ridden pos this game is

Julius Rage

The back dash glitch that Sarah, Mila and a couple others have.

Please for the love of god tell me they are patching that bullshit.

Oh and the removal of MaxDrago's finger tips.

HiguraShiki

The back dash glitch that Sarah, Mila and a couple others have.

Please for the love of god tell me they are patching that bullshit.

Oh and the removal of MaxDrago's finger tips.
Back dash glitch? That isn't a glitch, it's just canceling the backdash so you can backdash much more quickly.

Julius Rage

Back dash glitch? That isn't a glitch, it's just canceling the backdash so you can backdash much more quickly.

Thats a glitch, theres no way they intended for any character to be able to move backwards that quickly - as evidence by the fact that everyone can't do it. Theres a problem with the coding that allows that to happen and I'm going to bring it to Team Ninja's attention.

Seriously, if anyone pulls that on me during a tournament I'm going to yell "Glitch" at the top of my lungs and go back to the character select screen - its straight bullshit. Many characters have the ability to close and create distance with moves provided to them that are outlined in the manual by Dr. Dogg and the comman training mode - if it were a legitmate technique that they intended to be a part of the experience it would have been detailed somewhere offically.

synce

Isn't it funny how only the best characters have CB, dash, or tech glitches :oops:

BTW probably been mentioned but watching a replay can freeze the game. You must sign out and return to title

HiguraShiki

Thats a glitch, theres no way they intended for any character to be able to move backwards that quickly - as evidence by the fact that everyone can't do it. Theres a problem with the coding that allows that to happen and I'm going to bring it to Team Ninja's attention.

Seriously, if anyone pulls that on me during a tournament I'm going to yell "Glitch" at the top of my lungs and go back to the character select screen - its straight bullshit. Many characters have the ability to close and create distance with moves provided to them that are outlined in the manual by Dr. Dogg and the comman training mode - if it were a legitmate technique that they intended to be a part of the experience it would have been detailed somewhere offically.
Not really. Most lightweights can do it and all the Virtual Fighter characters can do it. As a matter of fact, it is a main technique for the Virtual Fighter characters.

Chaos

I don't know if this is a glitch but some characters move very stiff. For ex.

(Leifang) Moving her around is like moving a tank and she can bearly even back dash or she doesn't crouch fast enough to block low attacks.

(Kasmui) Her movements is a bit faster than Leifang but sometimes I can't stand using her because most of the time if Im trying
to dodge throws/attacks she would :3::h: counter hold instead. :(

(Bayman) he is one of the fastest characters on DOA5 (movement wise). He can dodge throws way quicker but I can't remember if he can back dash slow or quick.

(Jann Lee) Same as Bayman.

(Ayane) ??? o_O

(Mila) Her back dashing is excellent but her free stepping is garbage.

(Ryu) Hes movement is a little sluggish compared to Jann Lee.

(Hitomi) Free stepping is amazing, back dashing is solid but a bit slow, her crouching speed is pathetic.

(Rig) This dude is definitely one of the fastest characters. Back dashing, free stepping & the crouching speed is well balance.

Hopefully TN will notice the horrible buffer system & fix it right.

Ooobe

... Many characters have the ability to close and create distance with moves provided to them that are outlined in the manual by Dr. Dogg and the comman training mode - if it were a legitmate technique that they intended to be a part of the experience it would have been detailed somewhere offically.

You mean like this?
"I addition to the normal back dash (:4::4: ), there's a slightly more advanced back dash performed by pressing :1::1: repeatedly." ...
Top of page 18 in the guide.

Chaos

What specifically gives you problems to execute in-game with the current buffer system?.
If I execute Hitomi's :2::3::6::P: it will come out as :1::P: or :3::P: & what I hate the most about the buffer system is SHORTCUTS.
Im going to give you a example about short cuts: Theres two ways to execute the half circle foward. #1 is the normal :2::3::6: & #2 is the shortcut :2::6:. #2 is BAD because if you're crouching & if you need to poke your opponent very quickly, :2::6::P:/:K: will inventially come out & that will put you in a dangerous situation. Now don't get me started on the crouching speed because most of time I would get thrown since the characters acting like their having back problems lol & seriously, executing combos can be very eccentric sometimes. o_O

HiguraShiki

Their main tool is a glitch.
Their main tool is not a glitch. Almost every 3D fighting game utilizes backdash canceling, including Tekken, Soul Calibur, DOA, and Virtual Fighter. If it would have been a severe problem, none of these games would still have backdash canceling.

DR2K

Their main tool is not a glitch. Almost every 3D fighting game utilizes backdash canceling, including Tekken, Soul Calibur, DOA, and Virtual Fighter. If it would have been a severe problem, none of these games would still have backdash canceling.

This form of backdashing is a gitch. No character was intentionally designed to warp across the screen while blocking.

HiguraShiki

This form of backdashing is a gitch. No character was intentionally designed to warp across the screen while blocking.
While blocking? I didn't even know you could do that in DOA5. Now in Soul Cal V, yes you were able to backdash cancel into a block, and even SS cancel into a block. I don't recall that in DOA5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD