News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
So would you guys like to see just exclusive to the next gen systems (actually current gen but ya'll know what I mean)?
I'm not altogether convinced that we really needed a brand new version of this game already. At this rate we can expect to buy the same game every single year.

Anyway, we'll see what they add and I'll make my final judgement then. If they add Bankotsubo with the new version of DOA, I'll take it.

I wonder if the layout at the character select screen will resemble the arcade version (where you can actually see the hair/glasses customizations).

And TN, MR needs something other than pigtails plz. XD

The folks at Koei have developed cross gen game saving for DW8. I'm really hoping for this.

As for me, I'll think of a plan on which platform to get. I don't have a PS4 and the Xbox family doesn't suit me, but I'm a bit apprehensive about getting the PS3 version. I got my PS3 in 2012 and I barely played it at all last year cause of my exams. On top of that, I'm preoccupied with my 3DS bae <3

I'll be playing the waiting game.

I'm not altogether convinced that we really needed a brand new version of this game already. At this rate we can expect to buy the same game every single year.

Anyway, we'll see what they add and I'll make my final judgement then. If they add Bankotsubo with the new version of DOA, I'll take it.

Tom Lee said it would be last DOA5 so.... we'll see. But fighting games that get the most updates seems to stay alive longer (SSF4, BB, GGX2, Persona).

Tom Lee said it would be last DOA5 so.... we'll see. But fighting games that get the most updates seems to stay alive longer (SSF4, BB, GGX2, Persona).

And I think the important thing to remember is that it won't be released until 6-8 months from now so there's still a lot of time to enjoy 5U before then. Come spring I think most people will be ready for the new version.

TN has a track record for saying things that end up not being true or are incredibly deceptive regarding technicalities in word choice and interpretive phrasing.

As nice as this sounds, thinking about the condition the DOA community is already in atm. The idea of having another touched up DOA5, for Next Gen and Current consoles to be played on could be counter productive for the franchise. In all I'll be sitting this one out :p

I'll get Last Round for my Xbox360 (or maybe PC), and then get it for PS4 whenever I get one, but it has to before DOA6's release.

Oh, and the health bars better be Green or Silver.

The idea of having another touched up DOA5, for Next Gen and Current consoles to be played on could be counter productive for the franchise.

How so? If anything I think this is the best decision they could have made. Like Cyber Evil and everyone else has been saying the 3D fighters are pretty much non-existent for XB1/PS4 right now. It's the perfect opportunity to release a DOA 5 port.

So with this Last Round version, everything will be on it? All dlc, all characters, all of everything?

Sure hope so. Having to re-unlock or re-buy everything on PS4/Xbone would suck.

Irene playable please and a Rachel hair down option would be great!

Also Indigo Happi for Momiji, Tropical Sailor for Kasumi, and Kasumi's NGS2 costume that we still have only seen from the back.

I wonder if they might add full HD replays. I think the PS4 can screen capture the videos anyway but it'd still be nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD