News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
Doatek is my favorite stage in the series, so it's good news that it may be coming back, but I don't find there to be a strong incentive for me to get a new console just for this game yet.

I forget they mentioned that there'll be a demo at TFC. There must be something new (gameplay changes, stages, characters, power throws? lol) if they are going to have a demo. We'll probably hear more at the Tokyo Game Show.

At this point I'm not surprised anymore. Re-release your last round and last extra round version all you, but do you have to lock us who bought the older version out of the new dlc? I know it's not out yet so we don't know for sure. I think we need to let them know that we don't tolerate this.

You're buying the game a 3rd time more than likely... but the way I see it. This could be a great thing. This gives them a chance to:

- Add even more real content (more chars and stages is hard to argue with even if we have enough of the former.)

- Have ports for current gen consoles without alienating the old platforms.

- Actualy have a good netcode. They failed twice but they are fully aware of the netcode and this is the perfect time to fix it and change the entire DOA5U online experience.

- Give a few specfic characters the proper balancing adjustments (One which specifically, I'll be instrumental in attempting to influence.)

I was planning on being done with DOA after TFC. But if this Last Round turns out not to be a letdown, I may just stick around. TN may not make the best decisions, but I have to respect their consistent support for the game since it's original release. Can't say the same for Capcom regarding anything that's not Street Fighter 4.

Think of it like this too: PS4 and XBone users suddenly have that much of an easier time recording matches, combos, and strategies without capture devices. I don't know how the XBone works but the PS4 currently publishes videos to Facebook (and you can use these steps to get them to Youtube) and this fall PS4 is getting Youtube support. Things suddenly get that much easier for the character threads to demonstrate situations and imagine up all kinds of crap. I'm looking forward to that so I can stop describing things in excessive detail.

Anyone know what that 150 yen thing was at the end of the trailer they showed at the Sony TGS press conference?

For the people worried about community split, I personally don't think it will be that bad,

DoA5 Plus used the same network as DoA5
Ultimate was pretty much released as TN wanted to make the game more friendly towards DLC (so no limits on stages, chars and outfits) I can easilly see them going the same way with last round as ultimate was so profitable meaning it's likely to be compatible with ultimate and also likely to share all the previously downloaded DLC.

Also both the XB360 and the XBone use the same XBlive and both the PS3 and PS4 both use the same PSN as can be seen from friends lists and Marketplace/Store so I don't see it as being a problem. core fighters could easily be re-released on PSnow

There are games that are cross platform already (look at DCU) that runs on both PS3 and PS4 using the same server so I don't see it being too much of a problem for TN to do something similar.

I don't see last round as being a MAJOR update from ultimate, more of a final version, some DLC included, ALL new chars included and some minor gfx improvements for XBone and PS4 versions, the MAJOR update will be DoA6 which will likely be XBone, PS4 (and hopefully PC)

anyway, this is all speculation but based on history and other things, I may be totally wrong but hope I've set a few ppls minds at rest :)

Is that Kasumi Pigtails i see?

and heres a screenshot

Attachments

• features_01_img01.jpg
    features_01_img01.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 293
New Content
  • Crimson (DOA2U)
  • Danger Zone (DOA1)
  • New Hair Alternate for Kasumi, Ayane & Kokoro
  • Tag Poses for newcomers (Nyo and M.Rose)
  • Tyaren and Axouel contest designs confirmed
I believe Hitomi has new hair as well, just to point out...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD