DOA5LR DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Tokyo Game Show 2014 stream

Brute

Standard Donor
Care to put some money on that?
If Raidou legit came back as Raidou but they had to change Tengu into a chick I would be too busy being dead from shaking my head so hard my neck would snap to follow through with any type of monetary bet.

Kronin

LUoly6Z.png

If Raidou legit came back as Raidou but they had to change Tengu into a chick I would be too busy being dead from shaking my head so hard my neck would snap to follow through with any type of monetary bet.

Surely it would be a little depressing for the fans of Bankotsubo, but personally I would be more glad for the thought that at least Raidou was able to make an appearence in the game.

Last edited:

Ichiron47

Care to put some money on that?
No need to. Kasumi killed him to avenge her brother Hayate in the first Dead or Alive tournament. It would be great if he does make an appearance for Last Round, but in the story, he's dead. I'm not even sure if there are going to be any new male characters in the game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
No need to. Kasumi killed him to avenge her brother Hayate in the first Dead or Alive tournament. It would be great if he does make an appearance for Last Round, but in the story, he's dead. I'm not even sure if there are going to be any new male characters in the game.

Story wise, I'm saying he's probably alive but was simply injured. You never saw a corpse. We saw Bankotsubo's corpse, we saw Genra's corpse, we saw Alpha-152's corpse. We never saw Raidou's corpse.

Oh, there will be new male characters. When, I don't know, but there will be.

Squizzo

Story wise, I'm saying he's probably alive but was simply injured. You never saw a corpse. We saw Bankotsubo's corpse, we saw Genra's corpse, we saw Alpha-152's corpse. We never saw Raidou's corpse.

Oh, there will be new male characters. When, I don't know, but there will be.
With the kind of cloning tech that is available in doa, I wouldn't be surprised to see dead characters make a return.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No, I do not know what they are going to show at TGS, but here's my theories:

I expect those two character slots to be revealed by the end of TGS. Most likely in a new trailer. Trailer probably released at beginning or end of the MadCatz stream.

My reasoning for the character release? Well, Tom Lee stated that The Fall Classic will be the first Official American location test for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. That would imply that all the characters are playable, including the currently unannounced ones, so that they can be properly tested at the location with early impressions.

Oh, and did I forget to mention The Fall Classic is in three weeks? Because of that I don't see any reason during those three weeks to announce the new characters when you have the eye of everyone at Tokyo Game Show.

Lastly, I expect the last two slots are male since the first three DLC characters were all female.

jjinkou2

Plot relevance is, ironically, irrelevant.
Sales and marketability dictate what characters we get and the female fetish epitomes are what's selling.

Sales will change the plot. Be prepared to welcome Nyo Raidou.

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
Bankotsubo is the most elusive of them all.

For his very death could be a grand delusion.

Apprently Tengu can shapeshift.

That explains Marie Rose...

Also, you fools need to stfu about story. Just because someone died doesn't automatically make them unplayable. With that logic, why the fuck do we have Ein and Hayate in the same game?

Ichiron47

Apprently Tengu can shapeshift.

That explains Marie Rose...

Also, you fools need to stfu about story. Just because someone died doesn't automatically make them unplayable. With that logic, why the fuck do we have Ein and Hayate in the same game?
Nobody is saying that a character being dead = no chance of being playable in the new installment. I was only stating a fact, that Raidou, is dead. If you like, you can go read my previous post, where I said it would MAKE SENSE if he becomes a playable character in Last Round, since they're bringing in stages from the first Dead or Alive game.

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
Nobody is saying that a character being dead = no chance of being playable in the new installment. I was only stating a fact, that Raidou, is dead. If you like, you can go read my previous post, where I said it would MAKE SENSE if he becomes a playable character in Last Round, since they're bringing in stages from the first Dead or Alive game.

That wasn't in regards to you lol.

KING JAIMY

Two new characters confirmed!!!

BxypxiXCUAAo2OM.jpg:large
Seems like new UNLOCKABLE characters. Characters who you had not yet unlocked were hidden in DOA5 Vanilla with the Dead or Alive 5 Icon, whereas with characters you had to purchase you saw the character icon with golden lock in the top left corner. Maybe hint towards new story gameplay? Since we had to UNLOCK characters in DOA5 Vanilla through story.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD