Dead or Alive 5 LAST ROUND Weight Classes

Brute

Standard Donor
And yes, I'm adamant on my position of Marie Rose being a featherweight. That would be all kinds of awesome.

Codemaster92163

I wouldn't jump the gun on her. We have no idea how good she'll be and if the featherweight status is deserved or not. I'm guessing she'll be in the same tier as Sarah and the others, perhaps a little lighter.

Brute

Standard Donor
If she's not "good enough" to be featherweight, buff her a bit, and then make her featherweight.

I just want another character aside from Alpha to whip out my super-juggles on.

Seppu

I say they completely redo the characters actual weight in the stats... I mean a lot of them don't look right anyway. Tina is at least 145 pounds.
Agree with Brute's list, but I think anything involving weight needs to be redone around this. This is something Team Ninja should look into quickly.
if the weight classes reflected the actual weight of the character, then they would look something like this (converted into the current classes):

feather
:marierose:

super light
:ayane::alpha152::kasumi:

light
:helena::hitomi::kokoro::pai::leifang::momiji:

welter
:mila::lisa::eliot::sarah:

middle
:tina::christie::rachel:

cruiser
:hayate::jacky::jannlee::bradwong::genfu::hayabusa::zack::akira:

heavy
:rig:

super heavy
:bayman::leon::bass:

thoughts?

Rawbietussin

I never knew that Rig could actually be this fat lol.

He looks so unrealistic to actually weigh 191 lbs. but eh... Screw logic.

Brute

Standard Donor
I never knew that Rig could actually be this fat lol.

He looks so unrealistic to actually weigh 191 lbs. but eh... Screw logic.
Dude, he's 6'1" and ripped as fuck (muscle weighs more than fat, in case you didn't know).

His weight is perfectly appropriate for his height and build (191 lbs). For example, my Dad used to have like 0% body fat. Pure muscle. He was 245 lbs at 6'3". Hayabusa is like 180 lbs at 5'10"

Rawbietussin

Dude, he's 6'1" and ripped as fuck (muscle weighs more than fat, in case you didn't know).

His weight is perfectly appropriate for his height and build (191 lbs). For example, my Dad used to have like 0% body fat. Pure muscle. He was 245 lbs at 6'3". Hayabusa is like 180 lbs at 5'10"

I know about muscle weighing more than fat. I was merely basing his body frame.

Sure he is ripped but I think some characters looks more bulkier than he is and somewhat fitting at the heavy category without basis from the actual weight.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sure he is ripped but I think some characters looks more bulkier than he is and somewhat fitting at the heavy category without basis from the actual weight.
Comparative to height? I don't really see that. For instance, Ryu is slightly bulkier than Rig, but he's also shorter. Thus, he's slightly lighter, as well.

Bass is tall and huge, so he's heaver. Rachel is beefier than the average DOA chick, but she's still very short compared to Rig and has far more noticeable body fat than he does, whereas Rig is all muscle. Thus, Rig is notably heavier.

Makes sense to me.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm 6'7" and about 300, but mainly due to some excess fat. And by "some" I mean "too much". I imagine I'd be around 280+ if it were all muscle like Bass.

Rawbietussin

Damn. I feel so short... -5'9"ft- Accursed Asian roots...

Comparative to height? I don't really see that. For instance, Ryu is slightly bulkier than Rig, but he's also shorter. Thus, he's slightly lighter, as well.

Hmmm... So a short person who has bulky/pudgy body frame is still lighter then? Sorry I feel lost.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hmmm... So a short person who has bulky/pudgy body frame is still lighter then? Sorry I feel lost.
Well, Hayabusa isn't really bulky/pudgy. He's ripped, too. I was just saying that in comparison to Rig, he's slightly thicker in the arms/waist. And yes, generally height goes a long way towards weight if you have similar builds like Rig/Ryu.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I knew you were tall, but 6'7"? Damn.
Yeah, everyone looks up to me, no matter how much I look down on them.
1510707_789851010756_1318659929_n.jpg

1620567_792997619926_1672670645_n.jpg

1507819_789850791196_2051314476_n.jpg
I think it was one of the Taiwanese who said in their blog "There's actually people who are over 200cm!".
Man, that's huge. How do you not hit your head on every doorway.
It's a sixth sense. Japan though took some time to adjust to as their doorway default height is lower than america's. By my fourth time there I was ducking while walking in general.

KwonJigglypuff

I actually like Helena's current weight class. She is the "fattest" girl in the cast (Rachel aside) and she deserves her cruiser spot.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I actually like Helena's current weight class. She is the "fattest" girl in the cast (Rachel aside) and she deserves her cruiser spot.

She doesn't deserve her spot just because she can throw down in the fridge better than Kasumi can, and that the difference is slightly noticeable.

How is it fair that it's harder to juggle her than Ryu's 180 pounds of lean trimmed meat, and that she can be a train character just like Christie and Alpha can be?

Oh, and @Seppu your list is okay. I don't think I agree with Rachel being middle. She is big, she isn't human and that's a great reason to make her a heavyweight. She's also the only female that looks bigger to me than some of the guys.

I would move Pai to Light, and maybe make the rest mid-weight. The point of Brute's changes were to knock some of these classes off to make things less complicated and less stupid in some regard. Like I said before, I think TN fucked up on the weight classes added this, added that and the final product was that Helena weighs more than most of the men.

There are important fixes that need to be made if there is another update of system changes. Don't change the ground game back to Vanilla's, but improve upon the current; and fix this stupid weight chart.

Usually people will come and try defending what's being attacked, but I think there is a general consensus here that these weights are fucking brain dead. lol

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD