Dead or Alive 5 - Opening Declaration Trailer!!!

Xion

Now I'm officially worried about Fu...

Let me quote what grape said on GAF a while back...

grap3fruitman;36267780 said:
Okay, so if you look at the section related to character select camera's you can see that there are 24 characters listed. Some other characters referenced in the executable are from DOA Dimensions, which just confirms that this is a port of that. DOA3 did the same thing by including some files from DOA2H's Tengu, who is sadly looking to be missing from DOA5... =(

Characters referenced in the character select camera section are:

PAI
SARAH
AKIRA
MILA
RIG
BAYMAN
HITOMI
CHRISTIE
BRAD
LISA
ELIOT
AYANE
LEIFANG
HAYATE
KOKORO
BASS
LEON
HELENA
GENFU
KASUMI
HAYABUSA
JANNLEE
TINA
ZACK
The stages are listed as well...

I dont know what created the Leon isn't in DOA5! uproar. Id like to see what that was. The info that leaked Rig and Sarah to us also includes Leon and Gen Fu.

UnD34D

I dont know what created the Leon isn't in DOA5! uproar. Id like to see what that was. The info that leaked Rig and Sarah to us also includes Leon and Gen Fu.

They were missing a lot of data other characters weren't, and that data could have been carried over from DOA4 but still be unused.

Xion

They were missing a lot of data other characters weren't, and that data could have been carried over from DOA4 but still be unused.

Ok but why reference them for character select? and if so why not also reference Ein Tengu and spartan.

TRI Mike

I suggest you read further into the thread where you found that.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
WTF. My one hope to actually watch and enjoy the trailer and they put the stupid song in again. Every time I think of how they lyrics reference completely different things and just generally don't make sense I get annoyed. Fuck.

PhoenixVFIRE

WTF. My one hope to actually watch and enjoy the trailer and they put the stupid song in again. Every time I think of how they lyrics reference completely different things and just generally don't make sense I get annoyed. Fuck.
That's why you should watch mine. While the song has nothing to do with DOA, it does have some funny parts and is(IMO) cool. Someone even mistook it for a real trailer. >_> :D

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Grap3 misread the data the first time around and thats why Leon is on that list. In reality, he is missing a massive chunk of data compared to everyone else. There are very, very few references to him. He is not a selectable character and has no costume slots.

Realizing this is what caused the uproar.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Grap3 misread the data the first time around and thats why Leon is on that list. In reality, he is missing a massive chunk of data compared to everyone else. There are very, very few references to him. He is not a selectable character and has no costume slots.

Grap3 really wasn't the person who first reported the list. It was some other guy on neogaf.

Xion

Alright but that's not the case for Gen Fu right? Because thats what I was trying to say bringing that up. No reason to think Gen Fu is not playable.

PhoenixVFIRE

If anything Eliot is now the official reason Genfu can stay, he can be playable, but not necessarily part of the tournament, just training Eliot.

TRI Mike

When I think about it, my logic tells me Gen Fu will be playable because they pretty much already announced him in the last trailer. Showing the character and then having him being unplayable would be some serious bullshit trolling on Team Ninja's part.

I can personally live without Ein, Leon and Fu because I never played them (except for Ein a little in 3 and 4) but in Ein and Fu's case, they're very, very important and popular characters and cutting them both would be seriously bad for the game. While Leon has a lot of fans like Cow and Fork, he wasn't really that important and the game will just be the same without him.

I know it's a very small and probably stupid detail but Fu not having his picture in that chart is making me worry, I hope we can get a confirmation soon.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's why you should watch mine. While the song has nothing to do with DOA, it does have some funny parts and is(IMO) cool. Someone even mistook it for a real trailer. >_> :D

Just watched it and it definitely was much better. The music actually fit the trailer, which is a massive improvement all on its own. Kudos.

For those that didn't see the link before, here's his video:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD