Dead Or Alive 5 Patch Changes

Patch note:

Changed default ranked grade-filter to 2 grades higher than your own.
Changed default ranked region-filter to "Same".

Gotta admit I'm finding matches quicker in ranked, then again I put my region on USA because the filter pisses me off too much.

shinryu

I think I'm done with this shit, certainly till I get a working stick (evidently my choices are between a stick that doesn't register diagonals and a pad that randomly registers unwanted diagonals). Between everything being safe as fuck online (I can't beat, let alone punish, -10 stuff, it's insane), the dropped inputs (input 66p as Mila to go high/guard break, get 6p into the mid hold I was anticipating to lose the round, nice) and the rounds where it becomes impossible to block lows or break combo
throws, it's really not worth playing a bunch of lag-whoring fuckwits half the time. Which sucks when the other half of the time have been some legitimately good matches.

Sam Sultan

Patch note:

Changed default ranked grade-filter to 2 grades higher than your own.
Changed default ranked region-filter to "Same".

Gotta admit I'm finding matches quicker in ranked, then again I put my region on USA because the filter pisses me off too much.
How do you change ur region? im USA right now id like to change that.

From dashboard>settings>system>console settings>language and locale>locale.
There are no more specific options for coasts as far as I know, you can check if it worked on the leaderboards.

Raansu

Game lags more after the patch <_> 4 bar connections are like super delayed inputs. It was better before the patch for xbox *sigh*

BlasianBorn

First online match post-patch in simple match was pretty good for me. I feel as if there is less delay in my inputs now. I still have to see how other matches are.

Zeo

As an Akira player I can personally say the online is a great deal better. Plus now that you can see your connection to the other player you can pick your character accordingly. My only gripe is that some people that I didn't lag/have delay with before the patch suddenly I have problems with, the netcode still has a ways to go.

BlasianBorn

Online is a lot better now for me. Played many more matches. I don't have a hard time dealing with those random button mashers anymore. Input delay is less now and I'm able to respond better than before. It's not perfect but better than before the patch. And this is from XBL.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah I can't tell if the net code got "better" or "worse" but its definitely not good. Still have input, and reaction problems. Some people with full bars still lag making seeing people connection pointless when some of them still lag. Still can't punish. I only play this game online now when I'm bored.

shunwong

I still haven't seen 4-5 connections. Only 1-3 connections. Playable but not Pro-playable. Still fun though. I'd say the netcode is better in general. I've never had massive crapshot lag like it happened sometimes before.

TakedaZX

I didn't see anyone post about this before but i'm having a better time with Eliot's :4::6::P: String enders.

Before the patch, delaying the strings themselves, going regular speed then slowing down for the :4::6::P: in them, or even trying to speed through the string didn't always work. I think the window for it has been opened because it seems like it was hard to get perfect. I've gotten it consistently on many occasions and plan on applying it to combos today.

(i.e. :P::P::4::6::P:_:3::P::P::P::4::6::P:_:P+K::P::4::6::P: are now more consistent options to end up at -3 as opposed to -12, or -15 in the case of :P::P::P: or -(whatever) from :P::P::K:)

Maybe it was just me but I'm putting it out there.

synce

Probably just you... Kokoro's 46p still comes out as 6p for me half the time (needs faster input than doa4).

And man those connection ratings are wildly inaccurate in ranked. Sometimes 5 bar connections lag the most

TakedaZX

Probably just you... Kokoro's 46p still comes out as 6p for me half the time (needs faster input than doa4).

And man those connection ratings are wildly inaccurate in ranked. Sometimes 5 bar connections lag the most
Naked 46p comes out just fine, but in strings it was a problem. Now it works out everytime for me, that's all i'm saying. But yea maybe it was just me, just clarifying to make sure were on the same page.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD