Dead or Alive 5: Remaining Issues

AKNova7

I wanted to, before the 15th, make a thread to discuss the remaining issues of DOA5. With the Master saga just having passed, I wanted to see if there's any way possible we could give Team Ninja a nice, united, relatively quick-fix list to use either before or after the game comes out. This thread is for bringing up the remaining issues, and discussing possible solutions for the remaining issues, but NOT to decide on solutions as a community just yet, unless that ends up happening naturally.

So without further ado, please contribute your concerns about current DOA. Hopefully we can draft a solution list for Team Ninja by the end of the month. 19 days should be enough time. I'd post up my own concerns first, but I have to be going soon. I'll come back and post some of my own later.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The biggest issues won't be addressed, because TN has already stated they have no interest in fixing them as they don't see them as issues.

The minor issues are all character dependent. In general, characters need more access to unholdable stuns and safe moves across the board.

AKNova7

The biggest issues won't be addressed, because TN has already stated they have no interest in fixing them as they don't see them as issues.

The minor issues are all character dependent. In general, characters need more access to unholdable stuns and safe moves across the board.

Is this what was heard from Master, or did you hear it from TN yourself? So stuff like, the neutral game, the safety, the thresholds, the stun system, the thresholds, none of tis has a chance of being fixed?

Regardless of what they said, developers go back on their word all the time. It would be beneficial to us regardless to create a solid fix list, and send it to them, post it on facebook and let a whole bunch of people like it, retweet it, or anything else we need to do to get them to re-consider. Because the more good ideas we can come up with that people agree with, the more it'll at least minorly damage their PR. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but a new launch time, and negative PR from NG3 might mean that if they don't want to listen, they might actually get hurt from it.

Making a list and spreading it around is talking in Team Ninja's language, that business language they so much need to operate under right now. If necessary, we can order the fixes in most necessary to least necessary, and they could only utilize a few. But something is better than nothing?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm talking primarily about what Master repeated, as it is the vibe I get as well from our conversations. Seems it's the reality of the situation. Everything you could possibly want to put on a list, we've already said to them.

You're welcome to make the list anyway -- they claim that they give repeated issues special attention over one what guy is telling them. Perhaps it would do the trick. Perhaps not. I'm on break from my crusade though.

Doug Nguyen

Well as of now i think the stage animations are off. Like if you hit the enemy into the generator and your closet to the generator also. Somehow the person who hit the enemy into the generator or car just disappears and magically goes way back. it doesnt look right. It looks even worse when you grab them into a generator/car, you literally dissapear. Also cliff hangers look weird. ITs hard to explain, but when you hit the wall, somehow you fall way back then start tumbling down even though the wall was already at the edge. Anyone know what im talking about? Its hard for me to articulate this.

OSTCarmine

you need to english more lol. that is a matter of graphics though, the topic of this discussion relates more to changes in gameplay, frame data and such

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I understand exactly what you're talking about and agree with it pretty much 100% Doug.

Doug Nguyen

I understand exactly what you're talking about and agree with it pretty much 100% Doug.
Thanks, good to know im not the only one. Its a pretty obvious and noticeable flaw so im sure team ninja knows. They are probably trying to figure out how to fix it.

OSTCarmine

you said it yourself - "hard to articulate" thats what i mean... you need to english more. how are you not getting this? XD

Doug Nguyen

you said it yourself - "hard to articulate" thats what i mean... you need to english more. how are you not getting this? XD

Uhhh honestly i still dont understand what your saying. 'You need to english more" doesnt make much sense to me. I said its hard for me to articulate it because its hard to explain. I didnt mention anything about my language skills, i guess thats your opnion. But i still dont get what your trying to say.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
One person comes in with an incredibly flawed "opinion", so we tell him he is wrong due to the facts not being on his side, so he continues to the ignore the facts so he can legitimize his opinion (at least, in his mind). In the process all sense of unified criticism is lost because the guy writing the most text is also the guy who is completely wrong.

Then somehow Master gets brought up, usually because these opinions actually belong to Master, and they are only being borrowed by the person writing them. One person ends up asking why anything brought up by Master is automatically wrong, to which we give the honest answer which leads into more drama. Master appears right on queue just to tell everybody he is an innocent little butterfly and he is a victim here etc etc, then re-iterates his point of view so his disciple doesn't have to do it for him incorrectly. At this point everyone jumps in and tells Master how and why he is wrong. Unable to accept the truth or actually debate anything, Master marches off into the sunset swearing up and down he will never come back to an FSD thread ever again (rather than simply respond/admit he was wrong).

That is, until the next thread.

Do I have it about right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD