Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Demo Kiosks in Japan

FlamingMuffin

Fuck no. If there is one thing this game does not need its more tracking. It's bad enough strings that don't track magically realign themselves anyways after a side step. We don't need more tracking in this damn game.

Use Kokoro or Eliot against Christie and tell me they don't need a tracking low/mid. Not even a mid and a low. One or the other would be magical.

Omegan Eckhart

Lei Fang's 6F+K is negative on block now? That's not a nerf I would have gone with.

I just want 1P+K sorted out. Solutions:

Remove it's advantage of +5.
Remove the ability to charge it so it can be baited and counter/side stepped. It's not like she needs to charge it to get +5 anyway.
Fix the hit box so it doesn't behave like a DP.

It is something that seems like it would be fixed, a move that behaves the way 1P+K does doesn't belong in DOA. I was honestly shocked it didn't get nerfed in 1.03.

Any idea if it's been fixed?

synce

Lei Fang's 6F+K is negative on block now? That's not a nerf I would have gone with.

I just want 1P+K sorted out. Solutions:

Remove it's advantage of +5.
Remove the ability to charge it so it can be baited and counter/side stepped. It's not like she needs to charge it to get +5 anyway.
Fix the hit box so it doesn't behave like a DP.

It is something that seems like it would be fixed, a move that behaves the way 1P+K does doesn't belong in DOA. I was honestly shocked it didn't get nerfed in 1.03.

Any idea if it's been fixed?

No word on 1P+K but her mid K hold is also nerfed. Mwahahaha

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Honestly, I think her nerfs would be more a cause of requiring more hits in critical for threshold as a compensator for her quick speed. I wouldn't be surprised if Christie had her damage nerfed or altered juggle attack properties.
Let 'em do their worst; makes no difference to me.

Just makes my battles more satisfying.

Berzerk!

No word on 1P+K but her mid K hold is also nerfed. Mwahahaha

In what way? It was already nerfed in 1.03a by virtue of changes to backturn combos. It certainly isn't so powerful to be overpowering (nor is her 1P+K) and hasn't resulted in her dominated tournaments. So I'm not sure whats being referred to here, or why the celebration.

Anyone that's glad that anything was nerfed should be ashamed.

"This character finally has a viable tool! Get rid of it!!"

That's right... the consensus from competitive players is to improve characters who are weak or lack tools, not nerf/remove tools. There are some systemic issues to be improved/fixed as well. Better movement, improved consistency on moves that crush/true mid/true low etc.

Those kinds of things may be considered nerfs/buffs depending on how they shake out of course, so its academic until we see how the characters play now

Would be great to get a bit more clear detail.

Like, could someone produce at this point a simple list of new moves?

peachyO

Anyone that's glad that anything was nerfed should be ashamed.

"This character finally has a viable tool! Get rid of it!!"

I see someone hasn't playd DOA4.
nope, DOA5 is my first DOA game...did i say something wrong?

UncleKitchener, hehehe, :) seriously though, is he mid tier? i saw the tier list, and the only character with fewer points than he (100) is eliot (93?).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
nope, DOA5 is my first DOA game...did i say something wrong?

UncleKitchener, hehehe, :) seriously though, is he mid tier? i saw the tier list, and the only character with fewer points than he (100) is eliot (93?).

He was the worst character in 4. Not even worth going back to that, really.

Well, he ain't bad like Eliot, but he's still so slow that even with frame advantage, he still gets beat out of so many things. You pretty much need to have all the numbers down if you want capitalize on mistakes which is unfair because Kasumi/Christie/Sarah players can just mash jab and press random buttons without knowing frame data and you can't do anything. He's really easy to bait and maintaining momentum with him is difficult. This is also why he's unpopular because against good players, he takes effort and people mostly want to play rushdown characters or play better grappler characters (Lisa, Tina, Lei-Fang).

So far, the best things about him in this game are his back-turned mix-up (if he gets in with frame advantage), his throws, pick-up, GBs, sit-downs and his combos. The rest you just have to make do and be creative and they're really not good tools in my opinion.

Better crushes or speed could elevate his game a little bit, which could make a lot of difference. If he ends up getting non of that, then it makes little to no difference in the long run because everyone is getting something new that seems useful.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD