Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Demo Kiosks in Japan

TRI Mike

I was extremely interested in going back to Fang... When is TN going to understand that nerfs kill a game... this is what happens when fans that care more abotu boobs and costumes are loud in social networks. I don't like Leifang being nerfed at all.

DR2K

Leifang getting nerfed is fine, depends on what else she has now. A low poke shouldn't be safe, and her mid kick advanced hold is where she should be getting her damage. Sync also thinks Alpha is bad, so there's that...

ninjaguy446

they cut it off, she's bald now :)

Doesn't look very bald to me.....
Helena14.jpg

New win pose for Helena. The taste of victory. And she has the bunny costume in white now.

Omegan Eckhart

Doesn't look very bald to me.....
View attachment 1760
New win pose for Helena. The taste of victory. And she has the bunny costume in white now.

They could have added any of her cool win poses from DOA3, including "I will prevail with my own hands" but instead we got "the taste of victory"... it sounds like a fucking Bounty Bar advert! Also I swear I have seen that win animation before somewhere, guarantee it's just some old recycled animation from a previous game.

Characters in previous games had multiple intro's and win poses and now they have two, and it took a remake just to get it up to that crappy number. Shit like this reminds me that DOA5 was rushed and so is DOA5U. I'd rather they delay the release and get the game up to code instead of releasing a half baked product on time.

synce

Sadly DOA's known for being rushed. Itagaki was given like 4 months to port DOA2 from arcades to DC. DOA3 and 4 also had to be made in less than a year to meet deadlines. The only games that weren't rushed were 2HC and 2U. My main beef with 5U is that they're calling it Ultimate when they're leaving content off the disc.

DR2K

Sadly DOA's known for being rushed. Itagaki was given like 4 months to port DOA2 from arcades to DC. DOA3 and 4 also had to be made in less than a year to meet deadlines. The only games that weren't rushed were 2HC and 2U. My main beef with 5U is that they're calling it Ultimate when they're leaving content off the disc.

You think the other ultimates would have had everything on the disc in a DLC generation?

synce

I'm hearing from Japan that lots of characters have lost their GBs and FTs. Not too many specifics, but for example Ayane's BT PPPP no longer GB's and Bass's 6KP doesn't guarantee FT anymore. On top of that, Kasumi's 33T now does 68dmg and is i12. Also the lifebar is 300 again. I'm just laughing my ass off

synce

farnsworth.jpg

Good news everyone, there's a new wind effect in the DEPTH stage that raises the girls' skirts (similar to DOA3's Danger Zone)

Also Jacky's pak sao is in the current build but you wouldn't believe the tradeoff lol

Edit: Actually nevermind I misread it, it's not so bad...

NightAntilli

Don't get too excited, pre-release impressions don't really mean much. I remember when eliot was considered broken and top tier and helena the worst character on the roster and we all know how those turned out

Sadly some of those pre-release impressions never went away, like Kokoro being top. No wonder they nerfed her.

Omegan Eckhart

I'm hearing from Japan that lots of characters have lost their GBs and FTs. Not too many specifics, but for example Ayane's BT PPPP no longer GB's and Bass's 6KP doesn't guarantee FT anymore. On top of that, Kasumi's 33T now does 68dmg and is i12. Also the lifebar is 300 again. I'm just laughing my ass off

Kasumi's throw damage should never have been that high anyway. No character should be doing almost 100 points of damage with a throw unless they're a grappler.

Bass losing his 6KP pick up seems odd, I can't see them nerfing him so maybe they have buffed him in some other way.

Ayane losing her +5 guard crush? Boo fucking hoo! She still has great crushes, godly sit down and limbo stuns, high damage, great ranged tools, solid mix up and more tracking moves than most of the cast combined. She doesn't need/deserve it.

FlamingMuffin

Kasumi's throw damage should never have been that high anyway. No character should be doing almost 100 points of damage with a throw unless they're a grappler.

Bass losing his 6KP pick up seems odd, I can't see them nerfing him so maybe they have buffed him in some other way.

Ayane losing her +5 guard crush? Boo fucking hoo! She still has great crushes, godly sit down and limbo stuns, high damage, great ranged tools, solid mix up and more tracking moves than most of the cast combined. She doesn't need/deserve it.

I'm pretty sure the 68 damage is on NH. Right now it does 67 and is i17 (I believe). Increasing the damage and the speed seems...stupid.

The moves that lost GC's could still be + on block...but who am I kidding?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD