Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like there was a new knock down where the grounded opponent rolls over head first. Free hits looked possible.

DontForkWitMe

I know right. Why is everyone saying she is Spartan's successor ? :eek:
My only complain would be that she has Leon's air throw with the rebound...

from what i've seen she has spartans 66k, air throw(which got buffed to bounce now), P+K, PPP, and running P. shes obviously not a 1:1 copy but shes definitely molded from spartan and is the obvious choice for former spartan mainers from DOA4

Kayin Amoh

Rachel does have similarities with Spartan - her low kick counter is the same, her FF+K (I'd presume the command's the same, the animation is) and several other moves are almost duplicates.

Then you get her unique ones which kick all sorts of ass. Her low punch counter is badass and doesn't conform to the laws of gravity one bit.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
when Rachel stomped Kasumi into the ground... >
tumblr_moayg1RIT71rr7kngo1_1280.png

"That's for replacing me in NG3RE"

Aven Kujo-Gin

^Oh yeah, that stomp looks awesome :)
From what I see, they made her like Spartan, but changed the attacks that was a copy from Leon/Bayman. She looks good, I´m more interest in her now.

Raansu

I know right. Why is everyone saying she is Spartan's successor ? :eek:
My only complain would be that she has Leon's air throw with the rebound...

Oh I don't know, maybe because all the footage we have seen of her so far shows her using most of Spartans move set including that throw you're complaining about.

Shade

This is courtesy of Manny "master" over on DOAworld. I copy and pasted so if something doesn't translate well, hit the link at the break.

Ok i got a little more time on my hands again. So im going to try to post everything i can remember from the first day.

Hayate: He can now teleport after all his charge attacks by holding the punch button and pushing forward. Again, only from his charge strings. Ex: pp6p, charge, teleport and its pretty fast and slick looking.

They also gave him his string from 3.1 which lets him do a fake back flip attack into a real one. In other words in 3.1 hayate could do something like pp6p then push back to do a back flip for a fake out BUT within that backflip he could do another one to do a mid kick back flip kick. Its like two backflips but the second one is an attack. Unsafe though

His side step mid punch attack no longer sits down since they changed it to that hard ground hit animation that grants you some free hits. Currently not sure if the sit down is a better situation than the new one but either way hayate still gets guaranteed hits afterwards if the sidestep attack aka p+k hits your opponent.

Hayabusa: currently has a new low throw into izuna drop. 33+throw which looks identical to his advance low punch hold.

Has a new while rising handstand looking move that is a 3in1 it seems since it hits so fast but doesnt seem as powerful as his triple kick attack. Its done WR,f+k which can sometime be annoying if you want to get 4f+k after a crouching attack but there has been ways to avoid this since doa2 so it will take some time to get used to. Its unsafe.

Hayabusas 3f+k no longer guard brakes and is a new animation that hits you twice now. Also unsafe even in string aka 4pk.

Because of the new kick animation after the move mentioned above hayabusa can no longer do that string ender against wall bounces on most characters.

Triple kicks has a new ender for mix up which is now f+k,k,p. its a mid punch. I believe its unsafe since the kick ender is still a guard break and mostly safe.

Hayabusa has somewhat of a front flip cancel for some moves now. He can do WR, handstand into 9p to cancel out of the last animation. He can also do it from 4f+k and sidestep k. I believe there might be one more he can do it from but currently cannot remember.

Advance mid kick hold is allowed in stun and believe all characters can do that now.

9k has the hard knock down like hayates p+k move so hayabusa can no longer do qcb p into 9k anymore which usually guaranteed 6p. He still gets follow ups though just like everyone else.

Kasumi: her new move from the trailer is a hard knock down and guarantees follow ups. 66kk? I think

Her ninpo dash now has a flip from all her dashes that can potentially put you behind the opponent. Might be useful during strings and stun.

They gave her the wall jump attack from doa3.1 which looks like hayabusa and is a mid punch attack and guard breaks. Not sure what the frames are on block. Distance is still short like original. I think its 4p+k by the wall? Not sure.

She has more but currently do not have all the info.

Jann lee: jann lee now has a new move that looks like his qcb throw from his dragon stance. Its done by doing 6p+k and he can still go back to the stance afterwards. Looks unsafe on block.

He can now parry from all his stance setups too now. Im not sure if its only mid kick though since its his mid kick dragon stance parry.

They took away his pp6p6p charge up launcher string. But he can still do 33p charge.... I think i know the reasoning behind this, ill explain later.

He has more changes but not sure currently what they are.

Momiji: has a double jump like expected.

Has air critical burst and powerblow along with her ground critical burst and powerblow it seems.

She seems super tricky and has plenty of crazy moves that i am not familiar with still but TN director shimbori was showing her off pretty well.

Rachel: dont have much info on her except that she seems like a strong hitter like the heavier characters and is actually considered fat/heavy so she will be the forth heavy character like bayman,leon and bass.

Leon, still seems tru to himself but i didnt get much time with him. However he still seems to have all his strings and moves. Loving the spear attack OH By the way but it isnt considered crouching like in doa4

General changes: new animations for air juggles depending on the hit which may or may not help some characters but it seems like most juggles will still connect the same.

If you hit someone with certain sit down stuns and it passes the stun threshold it creates an animation that looks like they go low and faint back which gives you a small opportunity to get free hits still but not much it seems. This animation is in the game now but i forgot who can cause this kind of knockdown.

Advance holds can be done in stun for everyone it seems.

Power launcher can only be used once on hit and only at 50% and will cancel your ability to do powerblows if it lands so you have To choose one or the other.

Holds seem to do more damage now. Not sure if the life bar was lowered but i doubt it since i did a 50% combo from the current doa and it was the same damage. So holds might be stronger but not 100 % sure.

Most backflipping knock backs no longer let you tech roll the first bounce from the floor. Ex: hayates 7k during a juggle. Im assuming thats why jann lee cant do his launcher from the pp6p string because it will flip them and he will get another juggle since his recovery is one of the faster ones and that string ender flips them. This does not seem to apply to power blows that flip you ex: hayabusa pb un charged can still be techd.

Ground game seems unchanged
sad.png

All dangerzones stilll seem to give the same combos after explosions.

New stages: forest, the mountains, carrier from ng, buddha from ng, not sure if there will be more.

Characters: besides the ones already shown in several screenshots i dont belive they plan to have more.......

Well i got to go since im running late to the event and running on 3 hours of sleep but i definitely wanted to update the community a little bit while i still had a chance and signal lol. I will do what i can to bring more info in but most of the complete stuff will be posted after the event. Trying to rep for that doaworld family! Please excuse any misspellings in my post their rushing me lol.

MASTER

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5000-doaworld-to-be-at-e3/page-2

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Noticed that health bars "decay" in Tag Mode (think MvC). I can see this being a good tweak to the system because now you have to play a lot smarter with tagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD