Dead Or Alive 6 Builds On Franchise's Core Strengths While Renewing Focus On Inclusivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasumi-Phase-X

I really hope the "less boobs = more human" is a mistranslation because that's shit and it's pissing me off more than it should lol.
The writer of this article seems like the usual DOA bypasser :/

Aside from that, well, ok, more DOA coming up.

Yeah I was actually gonna say something like that...None of these interviewers seem like doa fans ( which obviously they don't have to be to do an interview ) but still like each of them spend the interview time making passing swings at the past games for this thing or that thing and focus so much of the interview time on trying to get the developers to talk about how much they've toned down the fanservice and almost nothing else. Like cool but we already know that from the other interviews ask them something else!

Don't expect people who interview or work for gaming sites to be fans of games we might enjoy, game journals are the type of people that if there is content they don't personally like they would rather spend their time ranting about its female representation until developers follow what they want even if fans prefer the stuff the game journals don't like.

Yeah I didn't even know Kasumi was a Teenager until Last Round... I thought she was she 21.... because thats a womenly Bodd. :eek:

In DOA1-Dimension, Kasumi was originally 17 Years Old which is listed in Japanese versions while Western versions list her age (along with Ayane, Kokoro, & Eliot) as N/A (Not Available) the only time the ages were properly revealed was DOA Dimensions European release with the thanks to Nintendo of Europe which lead DOAD to be banned in Sweden, Norway, & Denmark. While DOA5 never mention ages again, and DOAX3 has age description but were all 18 and older.

Hello there! I'm new. Well, you know, the people hates the new system of DOA6, and heres a petition, please guys read this:

https://www.change.org/p/dead-or-alive-6-must-listen-to-their-fans-dead-or-alive-6-debe-escuchar-a-sus-fanáticos

So, what do you think?

While it is a cool idea on creating a petition on getting people to sign up to make our voices to be heard, these change.org rarely work coming from someone who use theses from SFV camera shots, stop censoring Japanese games, and Criminal Girls 2 Uncensored Steam release. I'd have a better chance on keeping DOA6 the way it was from DOA5 DLC from the giving feedback which was mention in gameinformer from post #208 along with finding Shimbori (which I plan on doing during EVO) just to ask him about how fans can give feedback so for those who want their content can go over here.

I think TN is just saying that and leaving out how they'll add breast jiggle so the boobs and sex appeal won't be the main point

They really shouldn't be saying this type of stuff nor leaving out info especially from established series and what they did from DOA5. From people who like sex appeal don't like the idea of it going less sexualized (considering they've already did DOA5) which leads to complaining & making a petition, and people who were turned off by the amount of sex appeal wouldn't be fan at being lied to. Nobody from either side would be happy at TN method on getting people playing DOA6.

None of these topics and petitions would of happened if TN said nothing about the game regarding it's identity or fan service talks at all. Nobody would of noticed.

These topics and petitions wouldn't happen if these following articles didn't happen:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa6-famitsu-interviews-shimbori.7060/

Where Shimbori mentions less sexualized & people feeling embarrassed looking at sexy girls at EVO. The only thing he should've done was mention is "They'll be providing different costume options from modest to skimpy" or maybe mention they'll remain with Sex appeal right from the very start and can still mention their number one priority is what DOA6 is going to offer for gameplay and single player content, no need of repeating what they did from DOA5 launch. He should rely more on social media like twitter on getting people's personal opinion similar to what Arcana Heart did.

https://twitter.com/takaya_coucho/status/817516958685892608

There needs to be a proper platform where everyone from reddit, twitter, youtube etc. can express on what they want from DOA6 (as long as their spending their money), so we don't need to rely on change.org.

Juihau

You said you didn't recall where he said people who liked the boobs 'weren't real fans.' I posted a comment he made on some guy's youtube video. No, he didn't specifically say they 'weren't real fans' but rather, 'they're not the type of fans you want in your community.' That speaks volumes, doesn't it?
So, uh... I don't know if it's just me, but I read what Rikuto said more like "people who like the fanservice aren't holding the game back. People who shove their fetishes in everyone's faces and threaten to boycott at the slightest hint of toning things down are."

Lulu

Hmmmm... finally its alil quiet... I guess Real Life came calling... so we get a brief respite...

So... Lets talk about them Jelly Babies....

Since my beloved Jelly Baby was gruesomely murdered by them evil Ninjas... how is she gonna make it in DoA 6 ? I remember there were like 8 other Alpha Clones in the lab... perhaps one of them survived. :)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Hmmmm... finally its alil quiet... I guess Real Life came calling... so we get a brief respite...

So... Lets talk about them Jelly Babies....

Since my beloved Jelly Baby was gruesomely murdered by them evil Ninjas... how is she gonna make it in DoA 6 ? I remember there were like 8 other Alpha Clones in the lab... perhaps one of them survived. :)
She wont make it in story wise but I'm assuming she will be playable in versus because of her competitive popularity.

Lulu

She wont make it in story wise but I'm assuming she will be playable in versus because of her competitive popularity.

Maybe Lisa survived by Jellyfying herself with one of the clones and become the new Jelly Baby...

I suppose that would make her Jelly Mama... lol... sounds like a plotplotline from Metal Gear Solid.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Aparently big boobs make you less human.
God this game is becoming a mess.
Please stop lol

Maybe Lisa survived by Jellyfying herself with one of the clones and become the new Jelly Baby...

I suppose that would make her Jelly Mama... lol... sounds like a plotplotline from Metal Gear Solid.
That "Does" sound like some Kojima plot lmao. No Lisa Alphas please. Or Cyborg Lisa. Just good ol' luchadora with annoying OH/BT mixups and carrera plzthnx

Lulu

No Lisa Alphas please. Or Cyborg Lisa. Just good ol' luchadora with annoying OH/BT mixups and carrera plzthnx

She is a... sorry... WAS a Talented Scientist right ? Perhaps she would like an upgrade... lol she secretly want in on the Mugen Tenshin Clan and she knows shes going to need to be able to teleport to get accepted.

That "Does" sound like some Kojima plot lmao.

I believe thats sort of exactly what happened in MGS 4. Swap out The Jelly for Snakes and TN could get sued for stealling that plot.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
She is a... sorry... WAS a Talented Scientist right ? Perhaps she would like an upgrade... lol she secretly want in on the Mugen Tenshin Clan and she knows shes going to need to be able to teleport to get accepted.
Right... Ninja Lisa...

npvV41Q.gif

Hmmmmmnope! Got more class than that. Not that I hate Ninjas or anything... And Lisa wants to bone atleast two of them so she doesn't either... It's just not a good fit. It's possible they remove her from 6 but doubtful. She adds a lot of variety to the roster. No one fights anything like her and she's a strong mix of Striker/Grappler where everyone that plays her has a totally different style vs Ninjas who at top level play always wind up with the same fighting style articulated better by the pros because there's a very clear and optimal way of utilizing their move-set (In my opinion obviously. Probably totally understating the complexity of their strategies and playstyles).

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Why?.
I just giving my opinion, gamespot article make me more scared about the game.
God knows what TN is trying to do with this game.
Because we just managed to kill this exact subject again. We do not have anywhere close to enough information to speculate on what DOA 6 is going to be like. It doesn't release until probably the end of Q1 next year. Their PR campaign is almost identical word for word with what they were doing for 5.

There is no reason to be concerned at this point.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Poor marketing is what, they're trying to market DOA as a serious esports fighter in the west but it's not going so well because of words mistranslated or misinterpreted you get quotes like in this article which I can guarantee you 100% is NOT what he means.

It's also a big fat lie, Kasumi is the same size as in DOA5 the base models are pretty much the same as DOA5 the big changes are really only in the texturing of skin and faces and small body improvements.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Poor marketing is what, they're trying to market DOA as a serious E-Sports fighter in the west but it's not going so well because of words mistranslated or misinterpreted. You get quotes like in this article which I can guarantee you 100% is NOT what he means.

It's also a big fat lie. Kasumi is the same size as in DOA5, the base models are pretty much the same as DOA5, and the big changes are really only in the texturing of skin and faces and small body improvements.
GorgeousHonestDikdik-size_restricted.gif

Going to save this quote and credit you, and it's going to be my default response every time someone necros this subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD