DeadOrAutohotkey - a bot that beats DOA5LR

WAZAAAAA

Some Korean guy was spotted&recorded using my bot online ayyy lmao. I've met another guy ingame too.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/311730/discussions/0/490121928361700133/
lol at his nickname: [주의:BOT] 보보스 tech. Online translation says "[Note: BOT] boboseu tech"

Possible future version changes:
1. make it break neutral throws
2. add more guaranteed environmental combos (breakables in THE ENDS OF THE WORLD that I forgot)

Question to everyone. Unfortunately, in most of the cases, 4T 5T and 6T throws are too fast to react to online as seen from the video above. Right now, the bot will walk away with 7 when far, when close it will stand still if the opponent is not attacking. These are the alternatives I thought so far:
A. When far = 7, when close = random attacks (only tracking ones maybe?)
B. When far = 7, when close = quickly alternate between crouching & standing positions, pretty much like Rapid Stepping at lower speed
C. When full screen = 7, when medium range = crouch dash forward until close, when close = random attacks
Can anyone think of a better approach to take for a better online performance?

@WAZAAAAA : A possible improvment would be a bot with a configurable subset of moves. The bot would play only these moves. With different config files, we could imagine to fight against different hayabusas. It would be like SCV with different opponent.

But it would be even better because configurable moveset would allow us to "simulate" a real friend . ("call him Bob for the example")
  • For example i want to learn the kasumi MU, but also i want to react against a kasumi played by someone we play sometimes.
  • No problem, i just put all the moveset my friend plays the most, and then i can practice against the bot "Bob".
I haven't coded the bot to take any initiative by itself, he just reacts to what he sees coming, it's pretty basic. If you would like to change how he currently reacts, which basically means:
VS 11+ startup standing throws: 3H+K
VS 11- startup standing throws: 2H+K
VS crouching throws: 3H+K
|
VS standing holds: 41236T
VS crouching holds: 33T
|
VS strikes: expert holds if applicable
|
VS sidesteps: 6T

You're free to change these manually by yourself from the files A.ahk and B.ahk (combos.ahk too eventually). Another approach that can be taken is to let the bot decide randomly. You can re-use the code found in the cliffhanger section (B.ahk) which randomly decides what to do.

WAZAAAAA

I'm not even going to lie. I would be pretty pissed if I lost to this bullshit.
Hey do you have DOA on Steam? We should fight

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'm trying to understand why would you create something like this? We don't have lobbies on PC so we are going to be stuck with fuckers using bots.

WAZAAAAA

I'm trying to understand why would you create something like this? We don't have lobbies on PC so we are going to be stuck with fuckers using bots.
The real question is: why not?

You can still refuse battling with anyone even in ranked, just check the opponent's nickname before accepting a match.
Out of the last 120 matches I've played, only one guy was using it, so you don't have to worry too much.

You still haven't told me your Steam nickname

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The real question is: why not?

You can still refuse battling with anyone even in ranked, just check the opponent's nickname before accepting a match.
Out of the last 120 matches I've played, only one guy was using it, so you don't have to worry too much.

You still haven't told me your Steam nickname
Lord Goarmagon
The PC version is best used for fucking around. Taking it seriously is impossible.
With that said the netcode is better still than PS4.

Nameless Sama

Say hi to DeadOrAutohotkey, a fighting game bot I wrote in, you guessed it, AutoHotkey.

It reads the game's memory addresses every millisecond to check what the opponent is doing, and reacts accordingly. Think of it as COM LEVEL 9. Most importantly, it uses Ryu Hayabusa which makes it infinitely more badass than any other character with the constant Izuna hype.

Here's a video preview, full of explanations and sweet botting action:

(click to watch)​

I really loved the video. The Ryu Bot showed his badassery , I just laughed the whole time.

Team Battle -> Izuna Drop Counter

1. :hayabusa: - Senko Izuna (:6::7::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert high punch hold) 1x
2. :hayabusa: - Rekko Izuna (:6::4::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert mid punch hold) 6x -> poor Eliot got Izuna droped 3 times in a row xD
3. :hayabusa: - Yoko Izuna (:6::1::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert low punch hold) 2x
4.:hayabusa: - Izuna Otochi ( :236: :F: :5: :268: :5: :4862: :F: ) 1x
5. :hayabusa: - Mekkyaku: Ranryu (:4::6::h: Expert mid kick hold) 2x

Online -> Izuna Drop Counter

1. :hayabusa: - Senko Izuna (:6::7::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert high punch hold) 2x
2. :hayabusa: - Rekko Izuna (:6::4::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert mid punch hold) 3x
3. :hayabusa: - Yoko Izuna (:6::1::h::268::h::4862::h: Expert low punch hold)
4.:hayabusa: - Izuna Otochi ( :236: :F: :5: :268: :5: :4862: :F: )
5. :hayabusa: - Mekkyaku: Ranryu (:4::6::h: Expert mid kick hold) 2x

Senko 3x +
Rekko 9x
Yokko 2x
Otochi 1x

Thanks WAZAAAA , now I will go to lab and practice the Izuna Drops to fulfil my mission.

WAZAAAAA

Released DeadOrAutohotkey 1.1
- added Ver.1.04
- added routine to break neutral throws in [...]A.ahk
- added some environmental combos for The Ends of the Earth stage in [...]B.ahk

By the way, it seems like someone has re-written the bot from scratch in another programming language, this one actually attacks, but there's very little info he provided anyway, just this video:
And this forum post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/311730/discussions/0/490121928361700133/#c490123197939281968

Last edited:

Toshy

I think something broke up after a recent patch. Didn't play over the last month, but launched the game yesterday to try and beat my bot-record in Survival and DeadorAutohotkey wasn't working anymore.
Not sure if it's just an issue with offline play or online or both, I have never played online so maybe that never worked to begin with...

WAZAAAAA

I think something broke up after a recent patch. Didn't play over the last month, but launched the game yesterday to try and beat my bot-record in Survival and DeadorAutohotkey wasn't working anymore.
Not sure if it's just an issue with offline play or online or both, I have never played online so maybe that never worked to begin with...
The recent DLC patch broke the tool and I'll have to update it. Working on it.

BlackTopJohnson

The recent DLC patch broke the tool and I'll have to update it. Working on it.
Ooooh so that's why!
Been spending the past week trying to understand what I was doing wrong and doing over 9000 different tests.
Turns out it wasn't my fault in the end.
But how is that even possible? The game still says 1.04, not 1.04a or 1.05 or anything else. That's strange...

Anyway thanks Wazaaa, gonna wait for your update!

WAZAAAAA

@Toshy @BlackTopJohnson Santa Claus is coming FOR DOA
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6r15a960h5e0o5/DeadOrAutohotkey1.2(extract_me).zip

24/DECEMBER/2015 - version 1.2
- added compatibility with the "Design Award Costumes 2015 Set" update
- fixed an issue with all [...]P2_C.ahk files that prevented them from working
- shortened neutral throw break window
- fixed the randomized cliffhanger code
- updated classMemory.ahk to version 2.2
- fixed documentation.txt and READ ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.txt a bit

Last edited:

Ciozun

Say hi to DeadOrAutohotkey, a fighting game bot I wrote in, you guessed it, AutoHotkey.

It reads the game's memory addresses every millisecond to check what the opponent is doing, and reacts accordingly. Think of it as COM LEVEL 9. Most importantly, it uses Ryu Hayabusa which makes it infinitely more badass than any other character with the constant Izuna hype. It's pretty fun to use! You can download it, test it, and even modify it. I tried to keep the code as simple and as documented as possible.

I just want to thank two guys now.
lullius inspired me to write this bot with his SF4 bot. Since I happen to be somehow familiar with DOA, AutoHotkey and Cheat Engine, I thought, hey, let's try.
He also inspired dantarion with his pretty advanced KenBot, Ominous with his "human-like" BisonBot, and probably even ToolAssisted with his stream monster Abel. Really, he's the guy who started it all, all hail lullius.
And thanks to RHCP from the AutoHotkey forums who has been consistently the best source regarding memory reading with AHK. I'm using his classMemory library too in the bot itself.
(AutoHotkey.com thread: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9540)

:D Try to use Jann Lee unblockable kick (236K) at 3-4m from Haya!

xXSilverSearcherxX

Honestly Why Make this? It kinda ruins Ranked the Only Way of PC players to connect with wel other players and fight....Actually glad i chose to get a refund from steam It was Kinda slow and No lobbys killed it But The Only thing I regret Is not using it for costume mods thats the only thing that makes the PC version awesome and No Lag So lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD