Death battle Ryu vs Strider

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
True,but then again i haven't felt very compelled about the previous characters enough to care much about the outcome.

They already messed up a bit by including all of his games as one when in reality NG1 rebooted the franchise.howver because they did Ryu will have access to his clones and even the timestop ability.

It looks like they will be basing this on his wiki which while very well written does take some liberties.

SilverForte

I'm looking forward to seeing how they play it out. All I know about strider is from marvel vs capcom. I think Ryu will win considering his vast magical arsenal, and far superior strength and endurance,

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I'm looking forward to seeing how they play it out. All I know about strider is from marvel vs capcom. I think Ryu will win considering his vast magical arsenal, and far superior strength and endurance,

yea totally with that massive I frame for his scythe 360 move there is no way he can lose!

edit: been reading a lot about this death battle on screwattack and mostly everyone is saying ryu will win which makes me happy :)

d3v

But Strider can simply keep up orbs and have him in blockstun (and dying from chip damage) all day.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hayabusa has his teleport parry from Ongyoin so I think it'd be funny to see how Strider deals with Hayabusa punching him in the back of the head if he tried to use orbs on him.

Also there's no chip damage in DoA. Since there is in Marvel and isn't in DoA, my assumption is that it wouldn't be taken into consideration at all. Hayabusa's power and abilities are on a whole different level than Strider Hiryu. Strider is cool but he can't possibly win, even with all of his abilities from his own games and the Vs. games.

d3v

Orbs also hits from behind. The moment anyone gets hit, it's a near ToD combo.

SilverForte

You forget, Ryu has the art of the flame wheels, which are similar to Orbs except he is also completely invulnerable during its duration.

Strider actually has a lot going for him from what I've read up on him, his speed is similar to Ryus in that he can dodge automatic machine gun fire at point blank range, he actually outran anti aircraft weapon fire in the manga once iirc. The biggest thing going for him is his Cypher, as it is described as being able to cut through any known substance, this basically makes ryus weapons other than the Dragon Sword and Blade of the archfield useless as they are all non magical aside from those two.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
SilverForte i can assure you his flame wheels in no way make him invulnerable they just make him harder to hit

its mainly the manga feats that put him at Ryu's level,just as its mainly NG3 that has Ryu at his strongest.ironic considering they're both sources that are the least likely to be noticed from fans.

SilverForte

SilverForte i can assure you his flame wheels in no way make him invulnerable they just make him harder to hit

its mainly the manga feats that put him at Ryu's level,just as its mainly NG3 that has Ryu at his strongest.ironic considering they're both sources that are the least likely to be noticed from fans.

You haven't played Ninja gaiden dragon sword I see, which features the most recent incarnation of the flame wheels. He is completely invulnerable durings its duration, it's something I use to be immune to the final boss's desperation attack.

Brute

Standard Donor
They forgot to mention that Ryu just comes back to life when killed.
They only mentioned a Torn Sky Blast variant, which is actually hilariously weak in comparison to the Piercing Void ninpo.
They also failed to mention that the guillotine throw and izuna drop can be instant lobotomizers.

They also didn't mention that Ryu can be a log.

he actually outran anti aircraft weapon fire in the manga once iirc.
Ryu did this in DOA4 and DOA5.

The biggest thing going for him is his Cypher, as it is described as being able to cut through any known substance, this basically makes ryus weapons other than the Dragon Sword and Blade of the archfield useless as they are all non magical aside from those two.
TDS was addressed in their overview, so I assume he'll use it. TDS can't be broken aside from... well actually I don't think it can be broken. Dark Dragon Blade couldn't do the trick.

its mainly NG3 that has Ryu at his strongest.
...wut?

SilverForte

They forgot to mention that Ryu just comes back to life when killed.
They only mentioned a Torn Sky Blast variant, which is actually hilariously weak in comparison to the Piercing Void ninpo.
They also failed to mention that the guillotine throw and izuna drop can be instant lobotomizers.

They also didn't mention that Ryu can be a log.

True they didn't mention those things, although regarding the resurrection, according to the death battle rules, whoever dies first loses, regardless of resurrection items/abilities.

Ryu did this in DOA4 and DOA5.

Right, I'm just saying that Strider is probably as fast as Ryu is

TDS was addressed in their overview, so I assume he'll use it. TDS can't be broken aside from... well actually I don't think it can be broken. Dark Dragon Blade couldn't do the trick.

I'm hoping he duel wields the Archfield and True dragon blades, it's not shown in gameplay but storywise it's described as "When the Dragon Sword and the Blade of the Archfiend are wielded together, the enormity of their combined ancient power is immeasurable".

...wut?

Ryu actually was at his most powerful at the end of Ng3, after the curse was removed, his strongest physical strength feat was parrying the downward slam of the goddess statue, plus him gaining the True Inferno ninpo

Brute

Standard Donor
Ryu is most powerful in DOA5, as that is the furthest incarnation we've seen that is confirmed in current canon.

Why does he not use his full potential and just kill/mop-up everyone in seconds? Because he's trolling. Always trolling.

SilverForte

Ryu is most powerful in DOA5, as that is the furthest incarnation we've seen that is confirmed in current canon.

Why does he not use his full potential and just kill/mop-up everyone in seconds? Because he's trolling. Always trolling.

Lol of course.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
NG3 shows Ryu's best feats of speed,strength,and gives him particularly new abilitys.look at how well Ryu can move in comparrison to NG1.in NG3 he tears through the areas with his ultimate technique no matter how far the opponent is you can usually reach them,plus his standard attacks can now teleport him behind enemies mid-combo

He's always been strong but it was hard to measure in NG3 he can push a t-Rex foot off of him and block a blade capable of smashing buildings.

Also he was given invisibility and he was given back his time stop abilities although sevearly nerfed.

What Ryu can do with his ninpo is insane when you think about.Black holes,stopping time,transformation,telekinesis etc..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD