Death battle Ryu vs Strider

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I have advantage membership,I have a way to watch videos but I can't because screwattack never made their shit compatable for mobiles.they aren't getting anouther penny from me if they can't offer basic services I can get anywhere else in this day and age.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I have advantage membership,I have a way to watch videos but I can't because screwattack never made their shit compatable for mobiles.they aren't getting anouther penny from me if they can't offer basic services I can get anywhere else in this day and age.

well then im not looking at this thread until after 5 lol

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
well in the comments i read they nerfed ryu and only give him his NES abilities and only some of his modern abilities which is bs

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu's strength lies in his versatility,but his ninpo was cancelled out by Strider's powers and his alternate weapons were cancelled out by that goddam cypher.in the end it came down to a simple sword fight and Strider simply had better feats especially his speed.

did Ryu use everything he could? no,but i doubt it would have helped.him and Ryu were deseigned to be two different character types.Strider is the insanely powerful no resistance type like Dante.Ryu is human and makes mistakes and has been since the beginning of his series.

Brute

Standard Donor
1) Izuna drop can explode heads. When Stider was caught with it->instant kill
2) Ryu can also dodge machine-gun fire, seen about 5 billion times. Can move faster than eye can track. Strider has no discernible speed advantage. Equal as far as I can tell, save Ryu can literally teleport.
3) Ryu's time stop was unaddressed for lulzy reasons
4) Ryu's flying swallow can be chained three times, over-powering Strider in that "lunge" scene
5) Strider's finishing move he used is basically just Ryu's XXXXYXXXY in NG3, which isn't even one of Ryu's most powerful moves.
6) They forgot about the art of substitution. Just when Strider would have thought he won, he would have realized he was just fighting a log the whole time (see: DOA Dimensions)

TLDR: Yes, I'm a Ryu fanboy. Even putting that aside, there is no way he would have lost this fight. Strider "being in the league of Dante" won't really help because even for semantics, Ryu could hold his own against Dante.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
2) Ryu can also dodge machine-gun fire, seen about 5 billion times. Can move faster than eye can track. Strider has no discernible speed advantage. Equal as far as I can tell, save Ryu can literally teleport.
4) Ryu's flying swallow can be chained three times, over-powering Strider in that "lunge" scene
5) Strider's finishing move he used is basically just Ryu's XXXXYXXXY in NG3, which isn't even one of Ryu's most powerful moves.
6) They forgot about the art of substitution. Just when Strider would have thought he won, he would have realized he was just fighting a log the whole time (see: DOA Dimensions)

TLDR: Yes, I'm a Ryu fanboy. Even putting that aside, there is no way he would have lost this fight. Strider "being in the league of Dante" won't really help because even for semantics, Ryu could hold his own against Dante.

Just how they messed up Goku, it was even stated that the information used to calcuate gokus strength,speed,durability was inaccurate and made up (after someone redid it goku was actually stronger than superman except for prime)

Screwattack sucks at deathbattles

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
its a powerful move but against stronger opponents it has never been an insta-kill.

were talking more of dodging the individual bullets,Ryu gets out of the way of the gun avoiding the barrage of bullets.Strider can also move that quick and teleport.

the useful version honestly acts more like an item than a ninpo,and the one he can use at his liesure only gives him time to aim

thats only if he isnt hit out of it,Ryu was obviously hit

not really,think the True Dragon Geam,add a couple of clones,and speed it up

i dont think the trick works like that.

Brute

Standard Donor
its a powerful move but against stronger opponents it has never been an insta-kill.
That's just for gameplay nerfs, similar to how it doesn't insta-kill people in DOA. There's no such thing as "honing your cranium to withstand a 30 foot drop headfirst."

were talking more of dodging the individual bullets,Ryu gets out of the way of the gun avoiding the barrage of bullets.Strider can also move that quick and teleport.
I still see no advantage one has over the other in this area.

the useful version honestly acts more like an item than a ninpo,and the one he can use at his liesure only gives him time to aim
Strider used items mid-fight. Ryu should be able to as well. Not to mention Talisman of Rebirth.

thats only if he isnt hit out of it,Ryu was obviously hit
Ryu was a log. Trolling as usual.

i dont think the trick works like that.
Then please explain what happened in Dimensions. I'm dying to know how you interpreted that aside from "Hayate was fighting a log he thought was Ryu."

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That was pretty terrible actually. I've never seen these before and I'll never watch again. Utterly abysmal.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i honestly have no flipping clue how that ninja substitution thing is supposed to work,but what your talking about would be a clone not a substitution.

strider used Options robot animals that had absolutely no effect on Ryu.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
^^

Yup and they completely forgot about the armlets

These 4 could of made a big difference

The Armlet of the Sun: Increases attack power
The Armlet of the Moon: Increases defense.
The Armlet of Fortune: Increases Ninpo power.
The Armlet of Tranquility: Gradually replenishes Ryu's health

btw how is Strider selecting medical and ryu selecting an elixir not the same thing?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD