[Dec 1, 2012] BEST of the Battle (San Jose, CA)

NukNuks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BEST of the Battle
A Dead or Alive 5, Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 videogame tournament on the Xbox 360

Sponsored by Breezy Excursion, Hurtswell Tattoo Co., & Clout Graffiti Magazine

When?
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Tournament starts at 2:00pm

Where?
401 E Taylor st
Suite 130
San Jose, CA 95112
(Located in the stretch parking lot next to Gordon Biersch brewery. The suites with the blue awnings. In between Hurtswell Tattoo and Duong Sang printing)

Entry Fee:
$10 (distributed between 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place. entrants will also receive 3 raffle tickets)

Venue Fee:
$5
Fee is only for participants.
Participants will be provided free food & drink and will also receive a gift bag. *while supplies last*
No spectator fee.

Prizes
1st place: 70% of total prize pot + 1 Hoodie or Crewneck and 1 Tee shirt of your & choice from the Breezy Excursion inventory
2nd place: 20% of total prize pot + 1 Hoodie or Crewneck of your & choice from the Breezy Excursion inventory
3rd place: 10% of total prize pot + 1 Tee shirt of your choice from the Breezy Excursion inventory
*Clothing prizes can not be traded for cash

Rules
Double Elimination
Best 3 out of 5 rounds for a set
Best 2 out 3 sets for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 sets for Winners and Losers finals
Best 4 out of 7 sets for Grand Finals
Normal Life
60 Seconds
Random stage select
Dangerzones on
Character lock on
Loser may switch characters
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.

UMVC3 & SSF4:AE Prizes
1st place: 70% of total prize pot
2nd place: 20% of total prize pot
3rd place: 10% of total prize pot

UMVC3 & SSF4:AE Rules
Double Elimination
Best 3 out of 5 rounds for a set
Best 2 out 3 sets for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 sets for Winners and Losers finals
Best 4 out of 7 sets for Grand Finals
Character lock on
Loser may switch characters
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.
Random Stage unless players agree on specific stage
Auto Super Jump OFF (UMVC3)
Normal Mode ONLY (UMVC3)

NO WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!! Participants that bring wireless controllers will have to play without their battery packs on and use the provided wire ports. If you have a charge & play kit BRING IT. Take out the battery pack and keep both pieces with you at all times. NO WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!!

Check out the event post for the tournament on the front page of the Breezy blog.
http://www.BreezyExcursion.com
Be sure to check out the gear you want to win at BreezyExcursion.com/shop

Hurtswell Tattoo Co. will be doing tattoo specials for the event in case anyone is looking to get some fresh ink!

Clout Magazine is the United States leading graffiti lifestyle magazine. Peep game at http://www.CloutOnline.com

Gaming will take place inside the Breezy Excursion warehouse and at Hurtswell Tattoo Co. (the suite next door). There is an abundance of parking directly in front of the venue so you won't have to worry about parking your car far from the entrance. There will be multiple monitors set up for people to get their practice in. Throughout the day there will be raffles taking place for a variety of prizes including tee shirts, hats, stickers, artwork, and more. Each game will have a maximum cap of 32 contestants per game. Users that RSVP for the event will receive an extra 3 raffle tickets.

Anyone thats in need of housing or carpool situation please message me and I'll see what I can do.

*Event post subject to be updated

IceMage95

I might be able to make it. I most likely will have to take a test that day and in that case I won't be able to make it on time.

Cool man I was planning on going to NEC but since this NEC and DID are all happening within or in the same month ill be a bum and go to this instead and i needa get my sleeve finished hook ups?

thrust07

Awesome. It'll be great to get a scene going in the Bay Area.
I definitely haven't had enough practice mode, but let's see what we can get done in the next month.

Will definitely swing by to support in any case. Hope to meet all you guys!

NukNuks

Very glad to hear that SoCal players are interested in attending. If the numbers are looking good for the event there is no doubt in my mind that this event has the capability of eventually being one of the larger Cali tourneys for DOA in the future. Numbers matter though. Each one of us are potentially +1 to the head count and we need all the support we can get. Keep DOA alive in Cali people! Show up!

Probably at 1:00.
If you can get to the venue around that time you'll be fine. I'll even go as far as to start the tourney closer to 3pm as long as there isn't a big time conflict.

IceMage95

If you can get to the venue around that time you'll be fine. I'll even go as far as to start the tourney closer to 3pm as long as there isn't a big time conflict.
If it's started at around 3PM, I think I could make it even if I have the SAT that day. It should only go to around 1:15-1:30.
EDIT: But that doesn't mean that I'm officially confirmed if that's the case.
UPDATE: Looks like I'm going to have to put my studies in front of DOA. I don't think I'll be competing in any offline tournaments until the summer.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Great to see some people are planning on showing up! :) See you guys there!

I'm definitely going to try to be there. We...must...play!

I'm also not used to playing DOA5 on 360 controller since I've only played it on PS3. Hopefully that won't make a difference. I have played the past doa games. Will we be playing casuals before the tournament starts? Also will any be recorded?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD