Did they change Christie's Outfit?

UnD34D

Is it just me or Blaze is getting a lot of hate lately¿

Anyway, Busa's seen a lot of changes and many of his ridiculous DOA4 setups changed so he might need a little more work to get the wins this time around. I seem to remember Manny commenting on this after the E3 IPL thing.

Undead, are you gonna be maining Tina¿ If yes I might need some help and feedback from you once the game comes out.

I'm not sure to be honest. Its a toss up between Jann Lee, Tina, and Lei Fang. If Jann Lee plays like he did in 3.1 (safe dragon spikes, guaranteed f+p's after f+p+g's, unblockable dragon spikes after ff+p+g's) it'll be Jann Lee again (my main in 3.1), but I'll probably be the only person to pioneer Tina again. I mean shit, there literally wasn't a single Tina player in 4 after I dropped her which is why honestly, no one knew shit about her, if you go to the Tina forums its a fucking ghost house. It really all depends on the game. Lei Fang (My DoA4 main) looks really mobile which looks pretty sick to be honest. I'll probably run through Tina for a week or so and see if I think she has potential, and I'll post what I find in the Tina forums here for sure, but of course this all depends on the game itself even keeping my attention by being solid (which you can see the arguments for and against in other threads here.)

Blazeincarnated

Is it just me or Blaze is getting a lot of hate lately¿

Anyway, Busa's seen a lot of changes and many of his ridiculous DOA4 setups changed so he might need a little more work to get the wins this time around. I seem to remember Manny commenting on this after the E3 IPL thing.

Undead, are you gonna be maining Tina¿ If yes I might need some help and feedback from you once the game comes out.
IDK what it is bro, but I must send chills down peoples spine...

TRI Mike

I'm not sure to be honest. Its a toss up between Jann Lee, Tina, and Lei Fang. If Jann Lee plays like he did in 3.1 (safe dragon spikes, guaranteed f+p's after f+p+g's, unblockable dragon spikes after ff+p+g's) it'll be Jann Lee again (my main in 3.1), but I'll probably be the only person to pioneer Tina again. I mean shit, there literally wasn't a single Tina player in 4 after I dropped her which is why honestly, no one knew shit about her, if you go to the Tina forums its a fucking ghost house. It really all depends on the game. Lei Fang (My DoA4 main) looks really mobile which looks pretty sick to be honest. I'll probably run through Tina for a week or so and see if I think she has potential, and I'll post what I find in the Tina forums here for sure, but of course this all depends on the game itself even keeping my attention by being solid (which you can see the arguments for and against in other threads here.)

I think I remember someone named Shad or something like that who mained Tina and posted in DOAC for a few months in the 2006-2007 era. He was very good. Was that you¿ Was he not named Shad¿ Did he even exist at all¿

UnD34D

I think I remember someone named Shad or something like that who mained Tina and posted in DOAC for a few months in the 2006-2007 era. He was very good. Was that you¿ Was he not named Shad¿ Did he even exist at all¿
Yeah, Shad Armstrong is one of my best friends, he was the #1 Tina and probably a top 10 player in DOA2:U. He's literally the one who taught me how to play DOA2. After he quit I took his place. The only other Tina players you'll ever hear of are Mylo Mane and Zap Branigan. Both of which were terrible.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I don't think they did, Tina's arms fully extend, the grab should have connected.
no the active frames of Christie's charge move deffinately came out first ... Its very clear.
It might be that the Tina was attempting a command throw which would signifficantly increase the startup frames..

N0rdicNinja

I don't think they did, Tina's arms fully extend, the grab should have connected.

Seems almost simultaneous to me:
1zzq6g2.jpg

UnD34D

Seems almost simultaneous to me:
1zzq6g2.jpg
ah alright, I didn't try pausing it a bunch and see this, was just trying to get the discussion back onto the game since I hate fanboy talk of video game girls, but nah this is a good picture, obvious the grab wasn't done quickly enough.

edit - just saw that Nordic is in VA, how come you never came to any offline stuff?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm considering maining her over Busa this time around for real.

Good, the world needs less Busa love.

I'm of course only referring to Busa, as the guy is an egomaniac.

ah alright, I didn't try pausing it a bunch and see this, was just trying to get the discussion back onto the game since I hate fanboy talk of video game girls, but nah this is a good picture, obvious the grab wasn't done quickly enough.

edit - just saw that Nordic is in VA, how come you never came to any offline stuff?

The charging had finished and it was in execution frames, Tina did a normal throw so attack beat throw. Hence, the "Hi Counter Blow" status.

UnD34D

The charging had finished and it was in execution frames, Tina did a normal throw so attack beat throw. Hence, the "Hi Counter Blow" status.

You're actually a bit west of me. I'm in Maryland though, between I-495 and I-695.
So when do I get to be a mod Sorwah :D

tasan

once Helena is revealed then I can begin asking questions like how has she changed from DOA2 HC...because really that was the only character in the series that I played as with the occasional Brad thrown in for fun every now and then.

I have no character loyalty though but since it has been so long since I payed a DOA game I have plenty of options to choose from. I rather like Christie's style of play and might try her out as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD