"Did you enjoy my full course of technique" - Leifang General Strategy Thread

Lobo

Yea that could work too. I find her new animation after a connected parry pretty wonky though. That position change always throws me off, so I'm never sure which way I should be inputting the directions for a quick followup.

Although, I guess the same could be said about your opponent not knowing which way to block, maybe allowing for bigger hits during the confusion.

Gamut

After a parry you can do 9k into 8k for a juggle of your choice (3pkk2k works on lighter characters). The 9k is a lift stun so the 8k cannot be held if you do it fast.

edit: I've tested this on highest stagger escape as well. Computer still can't get out of the combo.

Punishere

The problem with high and mid parries is that it turns the camera around.You have 16 frames of advantage Lei only has 2 moves that stun that are that fast. 9k is easier to stun with (imo). 6k is a more damaging strike. 6k is a slightly heavier stun as well at 34 frames (no slow escape) 6k is 29 frames. Both lead to a stun but you still have to guess after that.

On a side note both moves are unsafe if you do not connect in time. 9k is -12 on block 6k is -11 on block. Gotta make sure you get those... (oh online).

(edit) You can hold between 9k to 8k launcher. But if you do 9kk, that is unholdable because that is a natural combo after the first hit.

NightAntilli

Yeah the camera change from her mid parry can really throw you off. Because of that, I was trying to find something that would work for both. It's technically not guaranteed, but, it's something.. If you use :K::2::K:, the cpu is only capable of blocking and holding the 2nd kick when stagger escape is set to fastest. Yes, in theory they can hold the mid kick if they stagger escape fast enough, but the chances of that happening are slim because the move happens so fast. If stagger escape is set to fast or lower, the cpu can't escape or hold it, and it gives you a launcher. It's a crappy launcher tbh, but at least you get some damage off of it easily, instead of nothing, despite the camera switch.. If it's blocked you're at -8, but the move pushes pretty far back so I don't think they can grab punish you easily. So yeah.. This basically:

:3::h:, :K::2::K:, :9::P::P: - (53 dmg)
or
:3::h:, :K::2::K:, :H+K:, :2::K: (down attack), (45 + 15 dmg)

The down attack is guaranteed on the second one. You can try it on the first but it's not guaranteed there since they can tech roll. Both of them work on everyone. First one is better when in the vicinity of walls since it slams them into it for additional damage, second in open space.

These other moves are guaranteed, but, it's hard to connect* them because of the camera shenanigans, or are simply useless.

:P:
:3::P:
:9::K::K:*
:4::6::P:*
:6::6::P:*
:6::K:*
:4::K:

You might be able to use the starred ones to your advantage when it parries a mid kick. The camera only changes sides on mid punches, so yeah.. These are 100% guaranteed, unlike what I posted above, which could be called semi-guaranteed. You might want to do :4::6::P: because it always hits as a close hit, which is 60 damage. That is only on kicks. On punches it's 40 damage (no close hit). I personally am not fast enough to react to it being a punch or kick so I'll stick with :K::2::K: xD

Darth Lotonic X

Didn't notice any Mid Kick Hold Combos in this thread.

Doug (FFKOTOR) found this one:

:3::P:,:6::4::P:,:3::P:,:6::6::K:, Juggle.

On walls do :8::K:. It can work mid stage too, but it misses on some characters depending on if your opponent slow escapes.

This works off of her Wall throw as well.

NightAntilli

Didn't notice any Mid Kick Hold Combos in this thread.

I posted this in the other thread but I guess I'll copy it here...

Open area, but close enough to slam into wall/danger zone after the whole thing:
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :3::P::P::6::P::P:

Open area, with no walls/danger zones nearby:
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :3::P::P::6::P::K: (simply because I like the final positioning better than the one above)
or
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :3::P::P::K::H+K: (forced wake-up, misses on most of the heavier characters, can do :K::2::K: instead at the end)

Against heavier characters:
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :5:, :3::P::K::K::2::K:
or
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :K::H+K:
or
:3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :P::2::P::K:

Against walls:
Basically same thing as above, except you start with :3::P:, :h: (cancel), :8::K: instead of :3::P::K::K:, :8::K:, because the kicks will slam them into the wall, killing your juggle and reducing your damage. They can't turn around after :3::P: so, yeah.

For the heavies, it would be better to just do this against walls:
:3::P:, :h:, :8::K:, :h: (cancel), :9::K::K:, :5:, :4::6::P:
or
:3::P:, :h:, :8::K:, :5:, :3::P::P::6::P::P:

Darth Lotonic X

Your combo does more damage, but Doug's works on walls.

Also, if your gonna get the wall stun:

:3::P:,:6::4::P:,:3::P:,:6::P: :P:,:3::P::P::6::P::P:

Works on all weight classes.

GLoRToR

Hey guys. I'm organizing the LeiFang knowledge we find here in THIS thread.
I have the following questions:
- Guaranteed followups after high-mid-low parries with optimal damage: poor man's combo (easy execution) vs best damage.
- Best options after blocking an attack (Fastest punish vs optimal damage)
- Best options after escaping a throw
- Best options for attacking / approaching your opponent (mixups)
- All launchers, with the possible fastest / best / most damaging launcher.
- Best and fastest way to find out the frames and hit levels on all of her moves.

Hey guys. I'm organizing the LeiFang knowledge we find here in THIS thread.
I have the following questions:
- Guaranteed followups after high-mid-low parries with optimal damage: poor man's combo (easy execution) vs best damage.
- Best options after blocking an attack (Fastest punish vs optimal damage)
- Best options after escaping a throw
- Best options for attacking / approaching your opponent (mixups)
- All launchers, with the possible fastest / best / most damaging launcher.
- Best and fastest way to find out the frames and hit levels on all of her moves.

Yea this is all info im interested in as well,id like to see where other peoples heads are at right now on Leifang and these questions,good post.

OSTCarmine

im a bit lazy and dont wanna sift through a bunch of threads to find info im not even sure is there, so if anybody could lend a DOAbro a hand i would be much obliged. I wanna know the best options for Leifang coming off her various parries. Im experimenting on my own, but peer reviews rock so gimme a hand

Well i use her 4P+K parry ALOT on people and i have a few setups after the parry that i can share with you,not sure how good they are but i can at least put them out there for you.

(All of these inputs follow after her 4P+K for the sake of saving time)

P, 3P4P CB (or launch into your fav combo)
P+K,3K,8P,CB (or launch into your fav combo)-

I have a bunch of different pokes and ways to try to work the stun game out of her parry so i wont list all of them,i use those two above mainly because the punch followup out of her 4P+K parry causes a critical stun,so its a good way to get your sitdown stun involved quickly into a CB if they are paying attention to all the mids going on haha,and for the other one,her P+K followup it causes a critical stun even if your parry doesnt get them,so you can throw that out from a pretty decent distance,and followup with P+K,and if it hits them,you get that 3K which is a mid kick (change of pace from the mid punches so it wont get held so easily) and from there you can either launch or do her 8P which leaves you at +40 so you have some freedom after that.

Test them out and play with them to your liking and let me know how it treats you,hope that helped a little!

TRI Mike

What are her best juggles for each weight class¿ I'm starting to "main" her and so far I'm using 9KKF9KKK against lights and mids and 3PP6KH+K against heavies. Anything better¿

i usually use 8K,PP6PK on the whole cast,but if you get the stun up high enough,you can use 8K,9KK,PP6PP (if they are close to a wall for more damage) but if its a heavyweight,i just take out the 9KK and go right into the PP6PK (P) depending on where im at on the map or what i feel like doing more. Im pretty sure someone has a more damaging setup with her,but i like simplicity and the degree of difficulty to be easy so i dont mess up any inputs haha,hope this helped.

Einzelkind

pp4p,pp6pp works after 7k on hc, but I don't really see any reason to ever use 7k instead of 8k other than after a critical burst maybe.

Lobo

Some :6::4::P: fun.

So I know in the video thread I said that Lei has a hard time getting long combos because of her lack of guaranteed options.

Well, I've been messing around a little, and with some inspiration from this video, Leifang really does have some pretty nice, 1 guess set-ups to CB using her 64P.

Its just that unlike chars like Kokoro or Genfu 1 guess set-ups where the early sit-down stun is the only chance to guess right, Lei's stun set-ups are entirely guaranteed. Its the CB itself that is the guess.

For example after her Unshu F+P, you can do 64P, 3P which is completely unholdable or slow-escapeable, and now your opponent is already at the critical threshold and in a deeeep stun. Now is where the mind games come in. You can go straight into CB which is inescapable even on fastest, but can be held. Or you can go do 8K or 66K to keep them honest about holding mid-punch, and the launch height is still pretty high, so you don't trade off that much damage. And to keep it safe, just go for 214F+P. Chances are, your opponent will try to hold something because the stun is so deep. Basically, you get a free critical stun that other chars might take 2-3 hits to get to, so use it to full advantage and start mind-raping.

Also, a new :6::h: combo I've been using.

After the 6H, you can do 64P, 3P, 2P+K, (F) 236P CB. Its unholdable, but can be staggered on fast. Still a really good combo that uses both her feint and sit-down stuns, and will make you opponent think twice about using mid kicks if they are bad at slow escaping.

O yea, Lei is an absolute beast with her back to the wall.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD