"Did you enjoy my full course of technique" - Leifang General Strategy Thread

phoenix1985gr

If anyone is slowescaping in general they ll usually get the fast, maybe even fastest if they re already in stun (tried this today in online dojo) You could always try it, but if they do you get blocked and you re at disadvantage and its only one more hit anyway... Unless you want to use the pb after it you get good enough dmg from a launch

H o M i K a

Honestly, I don't think :3::4::P: is all that good. Especially if you're looking for guaranteed options. :6::4::P: is sooo much better for that.

Just try using it your game more. You'll see Lei instantly gets a lot better.

hum...u post it 3 time? O.O

H o M i K a

it so funny how her mid kick counter got buff so much, it use to be useless on doa4 but now it like a free damaging combo. most player will hesitate to use mid kick after seing how much damage the guarantee combo do...to leifang favor :p

phoenix1985gr

It didnt get buffed... It gives same frames, but now you cant turn instantly so all throws that put the opponent in bt have purpose... like helenas 214t, kasumis 66t.t etc

phoenix1985gr

True i dont think she does either... Well kasumi definetely has a guarranteed combo (dont know the dmg) ayane from her 64t or 64h for mid punches too, helena just gets a 6p but yeah dont know why some work and others dont i gues its the frames each hold/throw gives maybe kokoros where too little in doa 4 too and they didnt bother to change it lol

Lobo

Whoa, my computer spazzed on me. Sorry for the multi-post.

If she could hit CB after 64P that would be broken. But she does get a free launcher, and her juggles are pretty damaging, so its still really good.

Leifang can get a unholdable CB counter after her 6H hold. 6H, 64P, 3P, 2P+K, CB

Its only escapeable after fast, so it should work on most players. Yea, Lei is Mid Kick counter is back.

H o M i K a

nah i just think they favor leifang since she the director favorite lol. Ayane mid kick counter does shitty damage and it give the same frame advantage as kokoro throw: +8, so even her fatest attack can be block

phoenix1985gr

Yeah but ayane also has 2 mid expert hold the punch puts the opponent in bt and guarrantees a launch and her kick is her old launcher so as with lei fang i dont think anyone should use the regulas mid holds... For highs and lows i get it, but whenever im reading a mid punch or kick i always use her expert holds

H o M i K a

I know lol but my point is not every characters throw or counter which put to BT will not be neccessaily free hits, some of them are for mix-up.
and I really mean it when I said leifang got really buff to the core in 5, her average speed it her only backdown, she had every tool to deal with every other characters in the game

Lobo

I know lol but my point is not every characters throw or counter which put to BT will not be neccessaily free hits, some of them are for mix-up.
and I really mean it when I said leifang got really buff to the core in 5, her average speed it her only backdown, she had every tool to deal with every other characters in the game

You have to realize thought that Leifang has always been advertised as a character with strong holds, and that she caters to a more defensive style of gameplay. At least you can say that is finally true in DOA5. In DOA4, she got nothing from her parries and her mid-kick counter was crap. Now, people have to go back to fearing doing too many mids, especially kicks, or else they eat a half-life combo.

That brings me to my next point. Leifang only gets the mid-kick combo when she guesses right. A smart player would avoid doing mid-kicks all together against Lei. Ayane and Kokoro can do their throws anytime they want, so to give them the same kind of advantage would border on broken.

I also agree that Lei has been improved greatly, but only in areas in which she deserved it, which was her hold and throw game.

H o M i K a

You have to realize thought that Leifang has always been advertised as a character with strong holds, and that she caters to a more defensive style of gameplay. At least you can say that is finally true in DOA5. In DOA4, she got nothing from her parries and her mid-kick counter was crap. Now, people have to go back to fearing doing too many mids, especially kicks, or else they eat a half-life combo.

That brings me to my next point. Leifang only gets the mid-kick combo when she guesses right. A smart player would avoid doing mid-kicks all together against Lei. Ayane and Kokoro can do their throws anytime they want, so to give them the same kind of advantage would border on broken.

I also agree that Lei has been improved greatly, but only in areas in which she deserved it, which was her hold and throw game.

I honestly dont think leifang is just about defense in doa5, sure they did buff her defense tools like her hold but she can also win without to rely only her throws and hold. she is safe, she had good mix-up of her :3::P: string combo,guard break and sit-down stun moves and all she can be very effective as an offensive as well.

and about the throw and counter BT thingy, is pheonix said dat every move dat put in BT have a purpose but im just point out dat not all of them gurantee anything. like ayane and kokoro throws only give them frame advantage to start start their pressure.

phoenix1985gr

Ayanes 64 throw and hold guarantees a 4 p+k which launches and she can combo after it... (you have to be pretty fast, but if you do it quick they dont have the time to block) i dont know about her 6H for mid kicks, because i dont use it i only use her expert hold so im not sure about that...

And i think that kokoro doesnt get anything but still not sure...

And its true that she may be the best defensive character but her offense is pretty good to

Lobo

I honestly dont think leifang is just about defense in doa5, sure they did buff her defense tools like her hold but she can also win without to rely only her throws and hold. she is safe, she had good mix-up of her :3::P: string combo,guard break and sit-down stun moves and all she can be very effective as an offensive as well.

and about the throw and counter BT thingy, is pheonix said dat every move dat put in BT have a purpose but im just point out dat not all of them gurantee anything. like ayane and kokoro throws only give them frame advantage to start start their pressure.

I agree that she her offense is solid, but I wouldn't have used those examples.

Lei is faaaar from safe. The only guard breaks she has are her 6H+K and the last hit of 4PPP, which are both really easy to see coming. (O I forgot about 1P+K, but you'll rarely be having this blocked, I'll touch on that more in a sec)

Her sit-down stuns are pretty bad too. Like you said, not only is 3P4P hard to follow up, but its also very easy to counter because its 2 slow mid punches. Same with her 2P+K. Its slow as hell.

So if you want to praise her offense, I would first start with her amazing crushes. 1P, 3P+K, 2H+K, are all great. And then you have the aforementioned 1P+K. You dont want to be using it when the opponent is doing nothing. You use after you've done something unsafe or if they're being overly aggressive. Lei's animation during 1P+K will either make them whiff or go right under whatever they tried to do.

Then you have her decent launchers, and the easy, high damaging juggles she gets after them.

And if you want to talk guaranteed damage, forgot her sit-down stuns and look at 64P. I cant praise this move enough.

So yea, Lei is definitely hold/throw oriented, but she can easily hold her own without them. I would say her biggest weakness is spacing outside of mid-range. Other than that, she can hurt you in a bunch of different ways.

synce

I've had a few Leifangs do this to me now, they put me in BT and toss out like 3 or 4 special stuns which seem really hard to impossible to SE out of. Does anyone know the setup?

Edit: Nevermind found it - 64p,3p,64p,3p. Looks like it's not guaranteed though if you simply block when she puts you in BT.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD