DLC Character Discussion

Banana56

This is a general discussion for possible future characters and characters people are interested in having in DOA5 Last Round.

Seeing as Tekken 7 will release early next year, I could see TN collabing with Namco and adding one of the TK7 characters in. I could see Lili getting added, or maybe even Lucky Chloe.

P2p1mbs

I could see a costume pack for Tekken in February (The month Tekken 7 releases I believe) but I doubt a new character any time soon.

I completely agree. As much as I would LOVE to see a Tekken character in DOA (Nina, just so Zack can mistake her for Tina like he did with Sarah), there are already plenty guest characters in the game. TN should save a Tekken guest for doa6 but go ahead with a costume collaboration (I can imagine Eliot dress as Leo).

Any new dlc character should be an original, TN created one. Guest characters would be lazy. After all, the last truly original dlc character was Maire (Phase 4 is just a Kasumi clone, Nyo is literally just a Tengu gender swap and Honoka is nothing more than a big boobed version of Marie with a mashup of moves from everyone else).

YBNDM

Any new dlc character should be an original, TN created one. Guest characters would be lazy. After all, the last truly original dlc character was Trash (Phase 4 is just a Kasumi clone, Nyo is literally just a Tengu gender swap and Honoka is nothing more than a big boobed version of trash with a mashup of moves from everyone else).
Fixed (;. And yeah, we need more original characters (maybe even a male for once, but who am I kidding?)

Sonicfan11589

I would be stoked if Nina was in DOA. She and Sarah could fight each other, both having had memory issues and sibling problems. Plus both have been voiced by the same voice actress (Although Nina is now voiced by a different voice actress).

Sonicfan11589

I could see a costume pack for Tekken in February (The month Tekken 7 releases I believe) but I doubt a new character any time soon.
Wishful thinking, I want Sarah to have a Nina costume, it's just too perfect, as I said in my previous post, both have memory issues, blonde, beautiful, in their 20's (well Sarah is, and Nina looks 20-ish but is chronologically 40-ish) memory issues, sibling problems, plus had both been voiced same voice actress.

Plus if DOA5 ever came to a Nintendo system (NX?), Sarah could have a Zero Suit Samus outfit, both look strikingly alike as well. (On an unrelated note, surprised Nina's sister got the Zero Suit Samus outfit and not her in Tekken Tag 2 Wii U.)

P2p1mbs

Wishful thinking, I want Sarah to have a Nina costume, it's just too perfect, as I said in my previous post, both have memory issues, blonde, beautiful, in their 20's (well Sarah is, and Nina looks 20-ish but is chronologically 40-ish) memory issues, sibling problems, plus had both been voiced same voice actress.

Plus if DOA5 ever came to a Nintendo system (NX?), Sarah could have a Zero Suit Samus outfit, both look strikingly alike as well. (On an unrelated note, surprised Nina's sister got the Zero Suit Samus outfit and not her in Tekken Tag 2 Wii U.)

Guest characters DO NOT get crossover costumes. Thats the way its been since TN started making crossover costumes. Getting permission to use guest is one thing but getting them to wear a costume from yet another series is going to cause major problems since TN will have to work with both the owners of the guest characters AND the series they will get costume designs for and all 3 parties will have to come to an agreement.

Reactions: d3v

YBNDM

I could see Nina as Christie. They're both Cold-hearted assasins from Europe with a thing for darker colours.

Characters I want would probably be... Maybe another Virtua Fighter character? Anyone else I'd want would probably never happen.

P2p1mbs

I could see Nina as Christie. They're both Cold-hearted assasins from Europe with a thing for darker colours.

While I do agree that Christe better suits Nina in terms of job and personality, I would rather see Rachel dress as her just to really confuse Zack.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
While I do agree that Christe better suits Nina in terms of job and personality, I would rather see Rachel dress as her just to really confuse Zack.
If she has to dress like......Nina, I prefer it be her jumpsuit from Tekken 4 complete with butt jiggle physics, now that TN knows how to do it.

Besides, it's better than dressing up as her sister who shall not be named... and while I prefer Christie to dress up like Zafina, it's honestly for selfish reasons.

HHH816

NiOh-9-12-2016-4.jpg

i want this from NiOH

Hayabusiness

I want a sexy guy from a Musou game. Come on Koei gimme Masamune in DOA so I have an excuse to listen to tsundere Nobuyuki Hiyama again.

P2p1mbs

I just try to find out, how many fans would like to see Genra as playable character in DOA5LR. You can vote too.

https://twitter.com/TOBMAST3R/status/800578267094908928 :bradwong:

I didnt particularly like genra in dimensions but his play style is very distinct from the rest of the cast and TN has shown they like replacing old characters with similar ones (Rachel replacing Nicole and Nyo replacing Tengu for example) so I can imagine them introducing a new character (likely a girl) using a playstyle very similar.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I actually liked Genra's style, but like I said in my tweet, I'd rather they make another younger male character like Eliot and give the style to him. Genra couldn't come back since unlike Raidou, I believe he was cremated and Ayane even did the whole ritual in her ending, having him return would jack that up. Overall I say just add a younger male character to represent his style.

Argentus

I really like Sombra from Overwatch, a female character like her would be cool

sombra.jpg

Laura-SFV.jpg

I still want Nicole back, but in the Spartan armor, ditch that and reinvent her as a DOA original (Replace "spartan supersoldier" with "mist supersoldier" and bam, done)

Nicole-458_.png

nicole2-2-1.png

I loved having an actual badass female who hit like a truck.

from DW, I really wanted the daughters of the main badasses.

Lu Linqui, daughter of Lu Bu
latest

Guan Yinping, daughter of Guan Yu
Guan.Yinping.full.1439516.jpg

and Xingcai, daughter of the loud guy
latest

still hated the decision of lame ass naotara.

P2p1mbs

I still want Nicole back, but in the Spartan armor, ditch that and reinvent her as a DOA original (Replace "spartan supersoldier" with "mist supersoldier" and bam, done)

Nicole-458_.png

nicole2-2-1.png

I loved having an actual badass female who hit like a truck.

I dont disagree with you about bringing her back but technically, she's owned by Micro$oft due to being a halo character. Reimagining her would be too much work (as in, more work than TN clearly would want to put in) especially since they already have Rachel filling the role of heavy hitting girl (Nyotengu also fills this role a bit).

I know you've said before that they are not exactly the same and while they have distinct differences, TN clearly designed Rachel as her permanent replacement (they even said so). WHen you think about it, it makes perfect sense for her to be the replacement; not only is Rachel already a TN created character but she has an in-universe explanation for having superhuman strength that doesnt involve the main bad guys experiments (she's part fiend).

That being said, I do like the idea of another super-heavy girl in powered armor as a mist supersoldier. Make her a hybrid of Nicole and Genra so we can have replacements for all of the characters who cant come back. And give her lots of muscle definition to really set her apart.

Argentus

I dont disagree with you about bringing her back but technically, she's owned by Micro$oft due to being a halo character. Reimagining her would be too much work (as in, more work than TN clearly would want to put in) especially since they already have Rachel filling the role of heavy hitting girl (Nyotengu also fills this role a bit).

I know you've said before that they are not exactly the same and while they have distinct differences, TN clearly designed Rachel as her permanent replacement (they even said so). WHen you think about it, it makes perfect sense for her to be the replacement; not only is Rachel already a TN created character but she has an in-universe explanation for having superhuman strength that doesnt involve the main bad guys experiments (she's part fiend).

That being said, I do like the idea of another super-heavy girl in powered armor as a mist supersoldier. Make her a hybrid of Nicole and Genra so we can have replacements for all of the characters who cant come back. And give her lots of muscle definition to really set her apart.

Rachel isn't anywhere close to Nicole though. The moveset is literally clipped, missing 1/3 of the moveset, reducing Rachel to having to rely on looping her stomp and airthrow all the time (Plus rachel simply doesn't have the reach and power Nicole did). other than the one wall grab, Rachel just plain isn't even a heavy hitter.

The ONLY real reason is Bungie, (who don't even use Nicole, frustratingly enough). Otherwise it could easily become a case of differentiating characters, like Leon and Bayman.

Not to mention Nicole was just more badass, all around. Plus I loved her personality.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD