Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

The announcement will not be ever about DoA6 (because it's too much soon, we will get years before it), and neither about NG4 (this is the DoA Festival, not the Team NINJA's one: the Ninja Gaiden series has nothing to do with it).

For similar reasons the announcement of DoAX could be partially justified being related to DoA, but again this is a spin-off and the festival is dedicated to the DoA fighting series, something made evident even from the recent promotional trailer (where they used clips, pictures and sounds all taken exclusively from DoA1-5

The most likely thing is something related to DoA5LR, of course this doesn't mean necessarily add-ons to the game (even if I hope so), but could be literally everything. We will see tomorrow =)

Banana56

I don't think its something really small like merchandise (or at least I sure as hell hope it isn't that).

Maybe it is another update for DOA5LR with additional content like characters and stages added to it and maybe even new modes.

Although I don't think DOA6 being revealed is unlikely, I mean just look at Street Fighter. SF5 was revealed only a few months after USF4 came out and even then USF4 still updates and has new stuff come out for it, not to mention it is still played at tournaments. And a new Blazblue game gets revealed after every few days/weeks after the complete edition for the previous BB installment comes out.

This event is going to be big, not to mention its at Tokyo, Japan. So I expect something pretty big.

Kronin

SF5 was revealed only a few months after USF4 came out and even then USF4 still updates and has new stuff come out for it, not to mention it is still played at tournaments. And a new Blazblue game gets revealed after every few days/weeks after the complete edition for the previous BB installment comes out.

Yes but Tom Lee specifically mentioned that we will not see a DoA6 soon and this happened few weeks before the release of Last Round and when Team NINJA is using DoA5LR for promoting the Battle Royal of the next year.

The developers clearly stated us to wait for more contents about DoA5LR, not only outfits, but maybe characters and stages and possibly modes too: a sort of surrogate for the fans waiting for the next real step of the series. So it's just the most logical thing to expect for what they said us (so not a speculation from the fandom, but an hint from the people behind the game) and assume that DoA6 or an equivalent DoA fighting game will not be something released in a short time.

DoA5LR is still a young game, I think that it's just the best thing to make mature it in the fighting community, something that very likely even Ultimate was worthy of and one single year of life didn't give really merit to the title. With TN already ensuring that both the casual and hardcore fans could see interesting news in future even without a new title, I believe there is no hurry for DoA6 ;)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
We can already rule out DOA6. Last Round came out in February, so it's still very young. Remember, there have been talk about supporting Last Round for the long haul, including new characters and possibly new modes. It may be best to keep expectations low so that we are not disappointed when the news isn't exactly what we want to hear. However, you can bet that the announcement is something fighting game related, but DOA Festival is all about the fighting game series, not the Xtreme series spin off.

SoftCabbage

I don't think it will be DOA6 yet. The worse they can announce DOA6 is right after the latest Season Pass is finished and the game will be released in 3 months to make sure you deeply get f*cked.

Cadaveri

What I'm going to be happy with is either: new content for DOA5LR (stage > character > costume dlc.. in this order). I'm not against X3 either.

What I absolutely don't want this announcement to be is some physical kind of merchandise (be it some collectibles, figures etc etc..)

DOA6 wont happen yet and I believe the event is about DOA so It's not going to be NG4 either.

Kronin

Actually something related to Marie Rose and Honoka is not unlikely if the announcement is not about an add-on of the game: they are popular characters in Japan and their seyuu will be both of them present at the event.

Hailo_Hwm

DOA festival's like a big celebration of DOA so I think it'll be something big, not just outfits. I'm really hoping it's a new stage and/or character not X3. Though making this announcement in summer at a festival right before the release of a bikini pack... Eh.
Can I just say... I LOVE YOUR AVATAR?~ ahaha TINA!!

Banana56

I would love if it was an update for DOA5LR or at least just new characters.

If we get new characters, I hope there are some "normal" fighters as oppose to "obsucure" ones like the DOA5U dlc characters/DOA5LR characters (even though I love all 5 of them and wouldn't mind more characters like them, I would like to see some "normal" fighters like Rig, Mila, and the NG girls).

Last edited:

Argentus

I would love if it was an update for DOA5LR or at least just new characters.

If we get new characters, I hope there are some "normal" fighters as oppose to "obsucure" ones like the DOA5U dlc characters/DOA5LR characters (even though I love all 5 of them and wouldn't mind more characters like them, I would like to see some "normal" fighters like Rig, Mila, and the NG girls).
Never gonna happen again, Japanese fan base doesn't like those kinds of characters

RetroMe91

Honestly, I just want a new character who is modeled after Alaska Thunderfvck 5000, aka world's coolest drag queen ever. Haha

On a more serious note (not that I wasn't serious), I am coming around to the idea of Miss Monday being in DOA. Though if they are going to introduce another character I would want one who is darker skinned, even if it's just tan.

Jadeinchains

Honestly, I just want a new character who is modeled after Alaska Thunderfvck 5000, aka world's coolest drag queen ever. Haha

On a more serious note (not that I wasn't serious), I am coming around to the idea of Miss Monday being in DOA. Though if they are going to introduce another character I would want one who is darker skinned, even if it's just tan.

I'd love to see another black woman in this game but sadly I feel like the Japanese fanbase wouldn't like it because "oh we already had Lisa". which sucks but I think that's what would happen.

Chapstick

Intro pose

tumblr_n73z6s8h9x1tvbptlo1_250.gif

Sonicfan11589

What i hope even if they are a loooong shot.
-Vita version of DOA5LR (even if it's digital version only which is how i would buy it anyway)
-Official DOA vs VF since DOA6 very likely WON'T have VF characters again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD