Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I don't know much about Falcom Games, so I probably can't get hyped for the next DLC bundle due to me not knowing about their work. There's 16 characters for this bundle, but they didn't say it was all female. People were pleasantly surprised when the Deception DLC included some of the male fighters, so I'm getting the Falcom games will include some of the male fighters as well.

werewolfgold

Its also funny how TN can't settle on what exactly Lisa and Mila are lol. Is Lisa black or Hispanic? Brazilian? And Mila is stated as Spanish but she's presented a thoroughbred american, even more so than Tina.
I feel like I've had to say this one too many times, but being Black and Hispanic are not mutually exclusive. And just because Mila isn't dressed as a bullfighter or something doesn't mean she isn't Spanish. I guarantee you not every single waitress working in a New York diner was born in America.

Number 13

I don't know much about Falcom Games, so I probably can't get hyped for the next DLC bundle due to me not knowing about their work. There's 16 characters for this bundle, but they didn't say it was all female. People were pleasantly surprised when the Deception DLC included some of the male fighters, so I'm getting the Falcom games will include some of the male fighters as well.
Just expect your usual JRPG wardrobes since this is Falcom stuff. Nothing too flamboyant like Final Fantasy though. They have a good variety of male and female outfits across their games, but remains to be seen if the DoA characters who get the costumes will be a balanced gender variety.

SoftCabbage

I feel like I've had to say this one too many times, but being Black and Hispanic are not mutually exclusive. And just because Mila isn't dressed as a bullfighter or something doesn't mean she isn't Spanish. I guarantee you not every single waitress working in a New York diner was born in America.

"Dios mio. Puta madreeee."
- Mila

lotr9690

Yes.

http://www.falcom.com/sen2/index.html - Sample.
http://www.falcom.com/sen2/product/dlc.html - Sample game's DLC.
This sample is a typical representation of what they produce. I imagine the DLC will at least be in the spirit of most of their games.

Argentus

On Lisa its also the luchadore thing plus she was pure black now looks more Hispanic.

On mila its more that she's stereotypically american.

Also let's be honest if a videogame lists someone's ethnicity they are usually a stereotype of that ethnicity, and also that nationality lol.

Either day I was mostly just making a joke so don't think too hard on it.

werewolfgold

On Lisa its also the luchadore thing plus she was pure black now looks more Hispanic
Hispanic is not a look. Since this is the first time Lisa hasn't had anime-face, I can only assume you are talking about her skin color. But, you can be pasty-white Euro and Hispanic, tanned Mestizo and Hispanic, or black and Hispanic. The terms you are using do not jive with what you actually want to say.

SoftCabbage

Lisa, Tina, Mila, Christie, Helena, Rachel have no anime faces and less anime personalities.

They are more likeable to me than the moe-moe, tsundere, and stuff that typically seen in anime nowadays.

Argentus

Hispanic is not a look. Since this is the first time Lisa hasn't had anime-face, I can only assume you are talking about her skin color. But, you can be pasty-white Euro and Hispanic, tanned Mestizo and Hispanic, or black and Hispanic. The terms you are using do not jive with what you actually want to say.
Let me rephrase then. She went from chocolate to caramel. Two different flavors.

Lisa, Tina, Mila, Christie, Helena, Rachel have no anime faces and less anime personalities.

They are more likeable to me than the moe-moe, tsundere, and stuff that typically seen in anime nowadays.
Well meh. Tina is the standard Anime American, Christie is your token sadist lady (akin to Vice/Mature or most villainess), Helena is The Oujou, and Rachel is the domme. Mila started as a bokkuko but that's a lot less so as of the dlc.

But unlike the dlc characters, the above aren't as generically blatant in their archetypes, no.

Lisa never really fit into any category though. Might be why she's not as popular.

KwonJigglypuff

I feel like Lisa will be replaced by an young exotic belly dancer to fit that category.
Nyotengu replaced Christie as the "sadistic princess".
And Marie-Rose is just a lil' Helena.

Martin

I have 2 Showstopper codes (Helena, Christie, Tina, Lisa) for PS4 on the Australian/UK/Europe Playstation Store.

Not 100% sure if they're valid or still working, but I have no use for them, so PM me if you want them and see if they work!

EDIT: Both have been claimed now, so hope you guys enjoy them if they worked!

Last edited:

lotr9690

Wow, their stuff is super generic... Seen this a hundred times before in second rate anime. Was this the only willing collaboration partner, that they were able to get? x__X
At least the guys have a good chance of getting some costumes... :/
I mean... if you were a high quality anime artist would you want to work with TN, knowing that their overpriced, low-res work makes them look unprofessional? I'm glad they get a crappy collaboration. Didn't Hayabusa say "As you sow, so shall you also reap"? In spite of his overwritten dialog, they should've listened. They are sowing shit content right now, so they will be reaping shit rewards which includes collaborations and profit. C'est la vie.

Kronin

Wow, their stuff is super generic... Seen this a hundred times before in second rate anime. Was this the only willing collaboration partner, that they were able to get? x__X

The point is not if generic or less but if is already present or less in the vestiary of the characters: we have always to remember that we are talking of outfits for characters of a fighting game and not of designs for a manga or an anime new production.

Also, Nihom Falcom is one of the classic examples of something that is low popular in the West and very much in the East: the company is considered one of the founders of the Japanese role playing videogames.

PS: The costumes that appear in the promotional DLC pack image were got from the "Legend of Heroes" and "Ys Origin" series. I believe that the DLC pack will use the costumes from the main characters of the last games of these 2 series.

Last edited:

Juihau

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure they actually contributed to that style's popularity considerably, considering they're one of the oldest game publishers in Japan.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
PS: The costumes that appear in the promotional DLC pack image were got from the "Legend of Heroes" and "Ys Origin" series. I believe that the DLC pack will use the costumes from the main characters of the last games of these 2 series.

Do you have a link/pic for that, per piacere? :)

Kronin

Do you have a link/pic for that, per piacere? :)

First of all sorry for the late reply. If you were asking me the promotional picture, actually I was simply talking of what TN showned us so far at the festival:

T26NwX9.jpg

The costumes that appear in the promotional image are from the "Legend of Heroes" and "Ys" series: the characters involved from left to right are Alisa Reinford, Renne, Estelle Bright and Feena.

This is the link for the list of characters of the last game of Legend of Heroes series:
http://www.falcom.co.jp/sen/chara.html

It's more hard to realize exactly from what game of the Ys series they are going to get inspiration. As example here the cast of Ys Origins (that is a game of the series and not the title of it as I wrongly wrote before):
http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
http://www.falcom.co.jp/yso/character.html

Last edited:

Candy Dragon

First of all sorry for the late reply. If you were asking me the promotional picture, actually I was simply talking of what TN showned us so far at the festival:

T26NwX9.jpg

The costumes that appear in the promotional image are from the "Legend of Heroes" and "Ys Origin" series: the characters involved from left to right are Alisa Reinford, Renne, Estelle Bright and Feena).

This is the link for the list of characters of the last game of Legend of Heroes series:
http://www.falcom.co.jp/sen/chara.html

It's more hard to realize exactly from what game of the Ys series they are going to get inspiration. As example here the cast of Ys Origins (that is a game of the series and not the title of it as I wrongly wrote before):
http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
http://www.falcom.co.jp/yso/character.html

If they are meant to be 4 of the costumes to be in the pack, I'd go with a guess of Kasumi, Marie Rose, Hitomi and Nyotengu from left to right. But this pack could be really unique and anything goes. I'm quite hyped for the reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD