Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The blonde girl is main female of Sen No Kisaki, Kasumi is likely tbh, since they're going SnK I hope Ein get the main character's SnKII costume. Also. Please no frilly dresses on Hitomi... She doesn't look good in dresses at all.

SilverForte

I am pretty unfamiliar with the legend of heroes in general. I do know the two main characters from Trails in the sky, but I would really like it if we get some good Ys outfits like Mishera, Geis, and Chester Stoddart.

I just realized, that promotional image is 3/4 Legend of heroes characters, got a bad feeling here, may be because legend of heroes has many more female characters to draw from while Ys only has Adol and Dogi as consistent characters and there aren't as many females. So of course of the Ys games they show origin which is the only one where Adol isnt the main character.

Lady Tengu

From that picture from the festival for the falcom pack id guess Marie Rose, Honoka, Kasumi, and Nyotengu. From left to right.

Kronin

i want to hurry up and get this pack out of the way so we can see the halloween costumes tbh since we have no idea who the 10 winners are at all.

I believe that this time there will be no top 10 becase it wouldn't make sense: the special recognition of the jury awards was already given for the three outfits presented during the DoA Festival, but all the rest of the pack wasn't voted at all from the fans and will be completely a decision of TN (and to be fair the final decision is always been uniquely of TN even in the past contests); so I think that we will see directly the other 31 outfits that can be considered all winners on par between them (31 giving for granted that the other 3 jury awards winner will be choices for the pack and that no original costume will be created from TN, just as happened for the first fan design contest).

The same Hayashi reffered about the entire pack as the "winning costumes" in the recent DoAX3 interview ("Recently we held photo and cosplay contests, as well as an event where we considered fan-designed costumes. We actually received more than 1800 entries. We were really thankful. The winning costumes are being added into this year’s halloween release, so by all means please try them out.")

SoftCabbage

Now's the good time for you if you're looking for a fair deal!
TN is currently celebrating Core Fighter 4 millions download. Hence:

Core Fighter comes with free Lei Fang. I also confirmed this is also on PSN US:
hvmIRe9.jpg
2I6H1F2.png

And Sexiest Costume Set. A bundle of DLC costume that's not included in PS4/X1 Last Round.
EDIT: Keep in mind that there are still missing packs such as Halloweens, Pop Idols, Police, etc.
So far, this is not available in US. This is from PSN Asia:
5Mb6fx4.jpg
WUAy3op.jpg

I don't understand what this "*For 4 weeks after the game release, get this DLC for free!" means. Maybe @Kronin can help checking with TN? Thanks, bro. EDIT: This is just error on Asia PSN's part after we counter-check with EU PSN. Thanks, Kronin.

Last edited:

Kronin

@SoftCabbage first of all thanks for the news ;) By the way remember that I don't have any particular tie with TN, people for some reasons think the opposite :p I sent to them some emails of questions from time to time, and they answer me when they can just like for all the other fans (indeed my question about the future release of the patch and the stage Fireworks on PC didn't receive a response so far).

However your question is easy to answer and there is no need of further clarifications =) Like in the past for other important objectives reached from Core Fighters, TN decided to release free a new character for all the players, however the offer is limited. The last to meet this fate was Rig not too much time, made freely available for 2 weeks: now is the turn of Leifang for 1 month. Along this time it will be possible to download the character without paying any price for it, passed this time the price for the character will return the usual one of ever (and so it will not be more offered free). So all the owners of Core Fighters need to not lose the chance and download Leifang in this month.

PS: In addition to these promotions, has to be added that even the Core Fighters version of DoA5LR on Xbox (that is a paid one because offering 4 more characters than the basic version on PS4), got a discount of 50% available for a limited time.

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/636217018140635136

SoftCabbage

@SoftCabbage first of all thanks for the news ;) By the way remember that I don't have any particular tie with TN, people for some reasons think the opposite :p I sent to them some emails of questions from time to time, and they answer me when they can just like for all the other fans (indeed my question about the future release of the patch and the stage Fireworks on PC didn't receive a response so far).

However your question is easy to answer and there is no need of further clarifications =) Like in the past for other important objectives reached from Core Fighters, TN decided to release free a new character for all the players, however the offer is limited. The last to meet this fate was Rig not too much time, made freely available for 2 weeks: now is the turn of Leifang for 1 month. Along this time it will be possible to download the character without paying any price for it, passed this time the price for the character will return the usual one of ever (and so it will not be more offered free).

@Kronin yea, I know you email TN. But somehow your questions always get answered. I emailed them once and it's just gone unreplied.

Anyway, that's for Rig and Leifang case. What about the bundle? It has the same note. This is what I really need some clarification. Will the bundle be free after 4 weeks, I don't think so, right? :p

Last edited:

Kronin

@Kronin yea, I know you email TN. But somehow your questions always get answered. I emailed them once and it's just gone unreplied.

Believe me it's not a matter of "simpathy" if you meant it, the answer to the question depends only from what it was asked (and maybe even if they were submerged of mails during that particular gap of time). There are matters where they can't give further explanations for marketing reasons and whoever ask for it will not receive an answer about.

Anyway, that's for Rig and Leifang case. What about the bundle? It has the same note. This is what I'm really need some clarification. Will the bundle be free after 4 weeks, I don't think so, right?

I don't own a PS4 but I believe that the bundle is just a way to download at the same time the Core Fighters version (that is always free) + the Leifang character made free for the special occurrence. It's nothing more, you could easily to download Core Figthters alone (if it's possible during this period) and then the DLC separately.

In any cases the point of the bundle promotion is to offer Leifang as a free content, but this is something tied to the status of the single character. So when after 4 weeks the single character DLC will cease to be a not paid content, of course even such bundle will disappear from the store.

SoftCabbage

In any cases the point of the bundle promotion is to offer Leifang as a free content, but this is something tied to the status of the single character. So when after 4 weeks the single character DLC will cease to be a not paid content, of course even such bundle will disappear from the store.

@Kronin No, that's not what I meant LOL. Sorry for not being unclear..

I mean, the same note also appears in the Sexiest Costume Set. See the link below.
http://i.imgur.com/WaNeugk.png?2

Kronin

@Kronin No, that's not what I meant LOL. Sorry for not being unclear..

I mean, the same note also appears in the Sexiest Costume Set. See the link below.
http://i.imgur.com/WaNeugk.png?2

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding now I realized what you meant.

I was able to access to a page slighty different, but honestly I think that the Sexiest Costume DLC pack for PS3 released today is not free. In your page you can read the price on the left (the DLC being free is related to the "*" that is not visible on the title of the pack (but very likely is associated to Leifang that maybe is mentioned on the bottom of the page, I don't know). Also, in the page that I visited, there is no mention about it and the pack indicate the price of £32.99 https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-set/cid=EP4108-CUSA01601_00-SEXIESTCOSTUME00

Sadly this would be an offer too much good for being real considering the previous trend of DLC for the DoA5 series...

SoftCabbage

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding now I realized what you meant.

I was able to access to a page slighty different, but honestly I think that the Sexiest Costume DLC pack for PS3 released today is not free. In your page you can read the price on the left (the DLC being free is related to the "*" that is not visible on the title of the pack (but very likely is associated to Leifang that maybe is mentioned on the bottom of the page, I don't know). Also, in the page that I visited, there is no mention about it and the pack indicate the price of £32.99 https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-set/cid=EP4108-CUSA01601_00-SEXIESTCOSTUME00

Sadly this would be an offer too much good for being real considering the previous trend of DLC for the DoA5 series...

Ah nice. You're counter-checking with EU PSN. It seems it's just a copy-paste error on Asia PSN part. Thanks, man.

Btw, I should edit my post. This pack is still missing several costume packs actually.

Kronin

Ah nice. You're counter-checking with EU PSN. It seems it's just a copy-paste error on Asia PSN part. Thanks, man.

Btw, I should edit my post. This pack is still missing several costume packs actually.

Ok, nice to see that everything was resolved =)

On a sidenote apparently a similar pack with the same name was already released for PS4 exactly 6 months ago (25th February), the only difference is that it included even the Maid Uniforms and the price was £7+

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-set/cid=EP4108-CUSA01601_00-SEXIESTCOSTUME00

SoftCabbage

Ok, nice to see that everything was resolved =)

On a sidenote apparently a similar pack with the same name was already released for PS4 exactly 6 months ago (25th February), the only difference is that it included even the Maid Uniforms and the price was £7+

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-set/cid=EP4108-CUSA01601_00-SEXIESTCOSTUME00

Wait what?? So the one you showed was a totally similar DLC but already 6 months old? What the heck...

Man, this is confusing. Apparently there's no such bundle thing for PS4 in Asia PSN.... EDIT: Actually they do, but it's the 100 bucks pack a.k.a the complete DLC pack (Ultimate Content Set).

SoftCabbage

Yea, I wish we have more Casual costumes although their level is just way more generic than the JRPGs.

At least they're cheaper and not crossover. That's all I care.

xDevious

Standard Donor
So, while we are enjoying more bikinis, generic JRPG costumes and school uniform DLC now and in the future, let's have a look at was great casual designs Anthony (from the French DOA community) made:

11926481_10207504725758443_1769676481743349817_o.jpg

11923286_10207498197875250_946561583110512193_o.jpg

11923336_10207497622020854_5422472268077581177_o.jpg

11882383_10207446620985860_4884172162615405789_o.jpg

I really wished, TN would give us some more normal/casual stuff. :(
Oh my gosh, I'm in love! These costumes looks so great! Too bad we'll never see them in-game... >_>

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I like AB and all i but i don't see more than half of those characters ever wearing anything like that

I agree, especially the men all look like hipsters, that took their clothes from the exact same wardrobe. (It's obviously Anthony's preferred style of clothing.) Still, to me it's way more interesting to see the characters in something more normal/usual than in even more fighting, fantasy or fetish wear. :/ I was a big fan of the two(?) casual DLC sets. It were the only sets, that I ever bought as complete sets. I wonder, if they sold poorly... :(

Number 13

Eh, a lot of those are hit/miss depending on the character + wardrobe choice.

I can see Ein wear what Hayabusa is wearing since he had a similar outfit. Hayate looks way too urban. The hat is overkill especially in that style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD