Status
Not open for further replies.

TOBMAST3R

I remember the elf costume, but as far as I know, it was for Kasumi and not Hitomi.
Yes, it was 100 % for Kasumi, maybe Phase4. You are right. The other one is Kokoro.

CGU6OmvW8AAVC_l.jpg-large.jpeg

CGWNMKIVAAAcHUl.jpg

CGCTgfaUMAEEpNw.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

Nice to see the firs hints of the new DLC Halloween so soon, I wasn't expecting revelations about the new characters but neither this at all.

The outfits chosen so far seem truly nice, and I like the new revelations. Brad Wong seems to me perfect for being the "mad hatter", Kokoro's seems to me pretty original for being used as a design for a fairy (compared to the "cartoonish" version as the one of Ayane), I really hope that the realization will live to its expectations.

The elf archer is actually an outfit for Kasumi: I admit that my favourite for her in the competition was the blue kinght that I found beautiful, but this elf one was another of the designs that I liked (and with the last packs we got many armors in the game, so maybe could have been better so). On a sidenote the author of this Kasumi's design worked also on one for Phase 4, the white knight costume if someone remembers it (and I would love to see it part of the pack):
CGU7D5LUIAAmP78.jpg orig.jpg

I love Raidou's and honestly I thought that this or the other designs on this style couldn't be the ones not selected for him: a Japanese design, so tied to the idea of demon and physical strong warrior... seemed just done purposefully for him! I'm curious to see if they will realize it faithfully so eliminating the cyborg parts or less me too: personally I like them however it could be nice for one time to get a total skin for something pretty different from the usual.

Last edited:

Kronin

Ah, I noticed that the Kokoro and the Raidou entry are made by the same artist.

You are right, I forgot about it and i didn't recognize the same style (also my bad, technically Kokoro is a nymph). Nice to see that choosing one of your costumes apparently is not goint to discard all your other ones if the Team judge them worthy to become DLC =)

Shiranui

Nice to see some Halloween designs already. I love Kasumi's or Phase's, and Raidou's one too.

Congratulations to all winners!

TOBMAST3R

You are right, I forgot about it and i didn't recognize the same style (also my bad, technically Kokoro is a nymph). Nice to see that choosing one of your costumes apparently is not goint to discard all your other ones if the Team judge them worthy to become DLC =)

Well, I don't know what Team Ninja is after right now. It seems, that it has a special direction this time. Maybe fairytales and ghosts. What are Honoka and Brad Wong supposed to represent? (I'm sorry, I don't really know)

In the last Halloween packs, we had everything (big variety). This time, it seems, that it has more a fantasy theme which would be bad for most of my entries. Maybe Rachel (Dark Angel), Gen Fu and Alpha 152 (ancient queen) could fit with it. For Rachel I bet, that Shiranui will see his entry in the game. Let's see.

I guess, the Ein and Alpha 152 entries of you still have a good chance. The wait kills nerves. :ein:

Chapstick

I'm the most curious about what Alpha's going to get, there's a lot of cool stuff they can do with her with effects and all that. Don't think she'll ever get non-jelly clothing but I could be wrong.

Shiranui

For Rachel I bet, that Shiranui will see his entry in the game. Let's see.
I'm totally convinced I'm not going to see my entry for Rachel in the game. I have the feeling TN despises my tastes and concepts xD
I'm sure another Rachel will make it. Maybe yours.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm totally convinced I'm not going to see my entry for Rachel in the game. I have the feeling TN despises my tastes and concepts
I'm sure that's why one of the guys at TN went out of his way to mention that he really liked your costume for Rachel.

Makes sense.

Shiranui

I'm sure that's why one of the guys at TN went out of his way to mention that he really liked your costume for Rachel.

Makes sense.
Well yes, I got a special mention from Community Manager himself. But if my design didn't make it into the game it's because the rest of TN team decided to not put it for some reason. And if they didn't want to put it it makes sense to think it's because they didn't like it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well yes, I got a special mention from Community Manager himself. But if my design didn't make it into the game it's because the rest of TN team decided to not put it for some reason. And if they didn't want to put it it makes sense to think it's because they didn't like it.
Not really. There are tons of variables that go into what costumes are put into the game.

I'm the most curious about what Alpha's going to get, there's a lot of cool stuff they can do with her with effects and all that. Don't think she'll ever get non-jelly clothing but I could be wrong.
Who knows what they're thinking/planning with Alpha. Seems like the easiest thing in the world to make new outfits for her with their theme, but they just don't wanna do it for some reason. I'm still amazed that they gave her that purple-jelly skin as a schoolgirl outfit in LR but not as a normal one.

Kronin

Well, I don't know what Team Ninja is after right now. It seems, that it has a special direction this time. Maybe fairytales and ghosts. What are Honoka and Brad Wong supposed to represent? (I'm sorry, I don't really know)

Both of them are supposed to represent the Mad Hatter character from Alice in Wonderland (and thinking about his perennial intoxication make appear it fitting in the role xD):

Reptile, the author of BradWong's outfit (and even of the chibi that Emperor uses in his videos tutorial together with thecreations of Synce), even realized Alice in Wonderland inspired outfits for Marie Rose (Alice), Honoka (Cheshire Cat) and Eliot (White Rabbit).

In the last Halloween packs, we had everything (big variety). This time, it seems, that it has more a fantasy theme which would be bad for most of my entries. Maybe Rachel (Dark Angel), Gen Fu and Alpha 152 (ancient queen) could fit with it. For Rachel I bet, that Shiranui will see his entry in the game. Let's see.

I'm not so sure about it like you, more it's maybe too much often for thinking that the theme is fantasy (after all Kodachi realized a sort of super heroine outfit for La Mariposa - and seems pretty cool in game). But we will see, anyway don't lose the hopes for your outfits, believe me that you made some of the most original creations that I ever saw, I think that there are huge chances that they were noticed from TN ;)

Shiranui I don't want sound as a broken disc, but like I already said you in the past you don't have to think to the discarding of your outfits in these terms. TN is not called to express what outfits they like, rather what outfits can become DLC and this is something very different.

They are pushed to make a single choice between many outfits, it would be just illogical to think that in 1800 entries they like just a single one for each character: the reasons for a preference can be endless and objectively talking there are really few chances that they decided uninamously that your outfit in the two contests didn't deserve any recognition: I know that you are deluded disappointed/crestfallen, but believe me that you are in the position to get your outfit realized from TN sooner or later, just because you don't miss neither creativity neither artistic ability (and the latter is not to be understimated because in addition to give a better presentation, I can think for a great design but if I'm not able to realize it on paper because I lack of the proper skill to make clear my idea, it's useless).

[On a related sidenote remember even the words of Tom Lee: the fact that they realized Honoka doesn't mean that there aren't members of the team that would like to see more efforts done on characters similar to Raidou. Because something is chosen doesn't mean that a different thing wouldn't have been however appreciated.]

-------------------------------------------------

If someone doesn't remember it, here the drawing of the competitor of the selected Raidou for outfit that I was mentioning before:

CGLGGLQUQAEeAQz.jpg orig.jpg

https://twitter.com/richardsuwono/status/604263110694674432

However this seems inspired to the legend of Son Goku while the selected design for Raidou represent a Thunder God in the mind of his author.

@Argentus Some time ago you asked for Leon's outfits in the contest, I forgot that it was released an Egyptian design even for him:

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

Back then, I wanted to use the idea of Beijing Opera costume to Gen Fu. But I didn't finish it because:
1. Too bulky for Gen Fu and his moves. Especially I was adding 3 flags on the back, alongside with sword, and helmet with long furry antennas.
2. Nothing to do with Halloween.

Then now I see this Japanese god-styled Raidou.

F*ck F*ck F*ck Motherf*cking F*ck.

Oh well.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I know that you are deluded, but...

Lol, Kronin, you mustn't say something like this. You very likely meant to say something else...put like this, it's very rude. XD

Oooh, that's a nice one! And it fit's Leon as a desert jackal perfectly!

I hope, Mad Hatter Brad means, that there are also finally White Rabbit Eliot and Alice Marie Rose. :D There is definitely a fan thirst for Marie Rose as Alice, as there were multiple Alice submissions in each costume contest for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD