Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
is it locked? can you make her wearing the police cap or not.
Well, the cap is locked on by default, and hair can't be edited, so the only option is to be forced to use the outfit with the the police cap and her hair braided. :-( I'm a little disappointed, Kasumi's cop DLC with loose hair and the cap looked great and I thought I could do the same with phase 4. Oh well, her schoolgirl outfits looks awesome though at least.

HHH816

Well, the cap is locked on by default, and hair can't be edited, so the only option is to be forced to use the outfit with the the police cap and her hair braided. :-( I'm a little disappointed, Kasumi's cop DLC with loose hair and the cap looked great and I thought I could do the same with phase 4. Oh well, her schoolgirl outfits looks awesome though at least.

seriously?? i bought the police pack b4 and you can toggle the cap/type hair on and off for all the girl.

that's quite a dissapointment

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
seriously?? i bought the police pack b4 and you can toggle the cap/type hair on and off for all the girl.

that's quite a dissapointment
It's probably because of so little time, so they decided to use Lei's cop variant and just throw her hair in a braid as a compromise. I know the ponytail wouldn't have worked, and not everyone is interested in the loose hair.

Xhominid The Demon Within

No one blew the gasket because there wasn't any, son.
TcS01Vz.png

sZcowVs.png

a3VcgNr.png

What listed in the trailer was exactly the same as in PSN, just like this time.

It's paid. Life sucks. We gotta deal with it.

No it's not, just because how it's shown in the PSN doesn't mean it's how it's actually going to be, try again.

Number 13

There is obviously some clear miscommunication where they didn't make it 100% clear either way regarding if the stage is free or not. The stage being present in the season pass advertisement doesn't necessarily mean it's literally a season pass item aka paid dlc. It could have just been thrown in there to simply attract awareness because why not? There is no character dlc this time to package it with. Then again just because TN made every single non expansion introduced stage free via patches before doesn't mean they won't change now either.

Instead of bickering in circles about this wouldn't it be easier to just pester them on social media so we can have an actual answer?

Edit: Here is a thought. If the theory that the stage is paid is true then have a feeling it's because its a collaboration/crossover stage. Think the Halo spaceship stage in DoA 4. Like costumes they could go premium for those in general too since it wouldn't be another old DoA stage. DoA 5 has yet to have one of those type of stages yet. Just the DoA 5 originals, old DoA stages, and the handful of NG ones. No the NG stages are not the same thing.

Last edited:

John P.

I can't find the English version on doa fb page anymore so i guess it was a typo but in the little bar on top of the season pass it said 1 new playable character.

SoftCabbage

No it's not, just because how it's shown in the PSN doesn't mean it's how it's actually going to be, try again.
What??? Why are you in denial? Lol.

'New Stage' is consistently written as what included in Season Pass 4 throughout their Trailer, PSN and Xbox Marketplace (as shown by Yuffie).

You said you were sure Azuchi was written in the previous trailers. With the screenshots I gave, I proved you Azuchi wasn't mentioned both in Trailer and in the PSN as one of Season Pass 3 contents. lol. And here is screenshot from Xbox.
UiB8QyL.png

Azuchi wasn't mentioned in: Trailers, PSN, and Xbox. What else now?

Last edited:

The Enforcer

I don't know why this stage thing is perceived as a communication problem. TN has a marketing department (figuratively speaking) and they don't just release stuff without reviewing the process otherwise it turns into PR problems that could have been avoided.

I don't recall them ever saying 'All stages will be free'. They have to pay to get content PSN/Xbox Live certified, so they're not going to create extra costs for themselves by putting misinformation out there.

It's going to be paid content so it turns into a 'like it, hate it or do something about it' scenario. :-/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't recall them ever saying 'All stages will be free'.

As far as I recall they actually did way back when the first stages for DOA5 vanilla were added. They argued that stages were free because they were essential non-cosmetic additions unlike costumes.
Also, it is not TN's or Koei Tecmo's marketing department that puts stuff on PSN or the Microsoft store and fuck ups have happened there more than enough, not just for DOA.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

As far as I recall they actually did way back when the first stages for DOA5 vanilla very added. They argued that stages were free because they were essential non-cosmetic additions unlike costumes.
Also, it is not TN's or Koei Tecmo's marketing department that puts stuff on PSN or the Microsoft store

If so, I missed it then. Really, stages are part of the competitive balance, so I'm not sure what triggered their idea to do this. On the flip side though they also did a 180 on character DLC as well, so it may be the stages' turn. :( Unless it's something else chalked up to poor translations.

Regardless of who did it though, I don't think Sony would randomly stick a stage or the wrong content in a Season Pass. That information had to be submitted to Sony or MS somehow. It doesn't strike me as an intern level type of mistake by associating the wrong DLC item. It's been my impression that the images for the DLC promo were probably made by TN and then sent over, so I don't think Sony / MS would uniformly screw that up.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So what would you guys be willing to pay for a cool new stage? XD

5.99 like a character would be okay for me...but only if I really like the stage. Since they seem to only add DOA3 stages the chances of it being Aerial Gardens are pretty slim unfortunately.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I wouldn't mind paying for a new stage. I have a feeling it will be $2.99 though TN has never charged for a stage before so its difficult to determine the pricing.

AsheMann21

Stages offer more replay value and always add more to the gameplay because the environment in this game is like player 3. So yea, I don't mind paying for stages.

David Gregg

Pay for a new stage after all of them have been for free? Sure, if I'm some crazy drug addict lol

Let's be fair here. Vanilla 5 came out three and a half years ago many games don't last even half the lifespan this iteration has had. I don't find it unreasonable at this point to make stages paid DLC as long as the price isn't ridiculous. Id be willing to pay 6-10 USD assuming I really liked the stage. If people think that's crazy well think of it as buying 3-5 DLC outfits then. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Stages no, I don't see a reason to charge since all the other ones were free. I'd rather pay for additional hairstyles or new modes over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD