Status
Not open for further replies.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The longer it will take the high likely chance that it can be one of the best looking and improved DOA game out there. Taking advantage of the engine and possibility of 4K implements in proper format as well as better looking monitors in the future with 60hz or greater in 4K with less ghostly visual lag, better stages or any added cosmetics, overall simply better quality game with no excuses if they took their time etc.

Team NINJA wouldn't be that crazy to release DOA6 these early years. Taking the much needed time with nothing holding them back (Square etc.) can place higher focus for them on it. People could keep asking for DOA6 all they want, it's quite simple to be oblivious on the matter when you are requesting early pickings of making DOA6 no different than DOA5.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm still holding out for a male character who'll be everything I hoped for design and game play wise before they move on to DOA6. Played the game for three years now and I now main/use 4-5 girls and only one guy. ~_~ Seriously, this is how it went:
:kasumi:~Mained from the start.
:ein:~Mained when his CF time trial came around.
:marierose:~Mained as soon as she released, my first DLC character.
:phase4:~Mained as soon as she released since she looks and plays somewhat like Kasumi.
:naotora:~Didn't like her at first but did when I saw her gameplay and mained her since then.
:mai:~...I'll have to see, it's likely I'll use her since I can finally buy her today, hopefully. 0_o

Last edited:

Sotherius

Taking advantage of the engine and possibility of 4K implements in proper format as well as better looking monitors in the future with 60hz

4k? nah, fighting games are stronger on console, and they wouldn't release something specific for the new ps4 or something like that.

I want them to take their time on DOA 6 as well, but if DOA 5 LR will be living for 2 or 3 more years, there are implements that are more than necessary for that to happen.

Fighting games today need decent netcode at least.

And even with DOA5LR being as beautiful as it is, it is still last gen. If anything, after finishing NiOH, and dissidia, they should just drop DOA x3 and focus on DOA6 and possibly Ninja Gaiden 4.

Now on topic.

Kasumi's halloween costume wasn't show yet right? so there is still hope for me.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
4k? nah, fighting games are stronger on console, and they wouldn't release something specific for the new ps4 or something like that.

I want them to take their time on DOA 6 as well, but if DOA 5 LR will be living for 2 or 3 more years, there are implements that are more than necessary for that to happen.

Fighting games today need decent netcode at least.

This does not apply specifically to the new PS4. This applies to future in gaming competition in general. 1080p is totally fine, but the time will simply move forward where 4K will eventually be a standard thing even for fighting games and these fighting games have to adjust to such point where it can be playable in every aspect.

Fighting games are stronger "now" via console. Still does not apply what I'm referring here.

2-3 is nothing compared to what DOA4 went through and yet DOA5 became tons better than DOA4 in competitive intelligent scale, more freely open to mass amount of players, and better quality game in general as a whole. DOA4 was a game that can be overshadowed quite easily with the latest content put out from those times in games. I mean really, are you that oblivious here?

Every fighting game doesn't magically create a lagless playable game. As much as I want these games to have such closely similarities to off the net games, what you are asking is purely relying on development lady luck that tech comes that far to further boost compatibility chance, yet that isn't a grand scale of perfect when it also relies on the users who play on the net based on their own connectivity.

Last edited:

Sotherius

2-3 is nothing compared to what DOA4 went through and yet DOA5 became tons better than DOA4 in competitive intelligent scale, more freely open to mass amount of players, better quality game in general as a whole. DOA4 was a game that can be overshadowed quite easily with the latest content put out from those times in games. I mean really, are you that oblivious here?

I really can't understand what you said here, sorry.

Sotherius

DOA5 is a great game and DOA4 is a piece of shit.
Oh, ok. I gues he meant that more time to develop the game would mean a better product.

Which i agree. But i think that DOA 5 LR is really lackluster in the netplay aspect, and it has a lot of dlc content already, and it is a 2012 game, so i don't know, we're getting closer to the need of a new game in the series, since every other major series right now got a new release.

And about a possible DOA 6, i think it would be the right way to go, is to make it run at its best on regular ps4's and xbox ones, and well, is probably not getting a pc release anyway.

But yeah, DOA 6 should have a proper development time, budget and thought into it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I really can't understand what you said here, sorry.

What I'm trying to explain is that DOA series require time to make those quality games look good, but yet some of these particular quality games can potentially look too similar to past related games. DOA4 > DOA5 was a huge jump that still retained the triangle system. The character models look much different and improved, the stages, environment, and had much easier access to showcase the game to new players/consumers who want to try the game.

DOA6 could potentially bypass that (which some may still have doubts about it, even me..but not at all impossible) for overall higher improvement that could make it virtually different than any of the games before it. DOA6 isn't exactly long overdue when TN has been constantly putting out content for the game and keeping it alive while trying to stay relevant. The problem with most of the users is that they are already "bored" of it, which I can understand greatly because I'm bored of it as well. It's still not an excuse from the people who buy the series as to why TN should make a sequel because of how "they" feel. It requires a ton of time, they'll let people know when they are ready to make another when DOA5 finally reached that point where it's no longer supported...but wait, whoops! then people stop to realize that Team NINJA does not always revolve around DOA. They make other games besides DOA that comes first for projects and co-developing other games other than their own. The best time to ask for such a game is when TN doesn't have anything to do..but you know what's happening? - They have stuff to do...so uh, take time to make the game? yeah because why not. Better to have a game with less complaints than any similar complaints from DOA5.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh, ok. I gues he meant that more time to develop the game would mean a better product.

Which i agree. But i think that DOA 5 LR is really lackluster in the netplay aspect, and it has a lot of dlc content already, and it is a 2012 game, so i don't know, we're getting closer to the need of a new game in the series, since every other major series right now got a new release. (not true)

And about a possible DOA 6, i think it would be the right way to go, is to make it run at its best on regular ps4's and xbox ones, and well, is probably not getting a pc release anyway.

But yeah, DOA 6 should have a proper development time, budget and thought into it.

Listen, I don't know how old you are, but I think that has something to do with it. I've probably said this a million times before -- but it's a damned shame that video games are such a disposable thing to people nowadays. When I got an N64 -- in my mind all I needed were the RARE games and Mario Party, and they lasted me for years and I still play them today... and I still learn crazy things about the games I have played for years. Mario Party 2 interests my more casual acquaintances when my friends and me play, and it's not because we are too serious -- it's because we've been playing it for years and we know how just about everything works even though it was intended to be casually played by casuals.

As I've gotten older, I do kind of understand your burning desire for another game and the need to have it now -- but I've learned that that kind of impatience is not only dangerous for my gaming hobby but dangerous for other things in my life, like rushing relationships, what you want to do with your life... kids; anything that can be deemed important to you really. Learn some self discipline.

You shouldn't just play games to be overwhelmed by hype; you should be playing games to stimulate your mind and meet new people. The idea of a new game can be exciting, but you shouldn't waste all of your time dreaming and forgetting to live.

Sotherius

Listen, I don't know how old you are,

And i agree, great games can be played for years, and years, and years before a new release is even necessary.

I'm not rushing DOA 6, i'm just saying that if they are going to make DOA5LR, team ninja should probably make some investment in improving netplay, probably more focus around balance, since the game is really lackluster on the netplay aspect. But this is really a personal bias, since i am not able to play DOA with people because the game doesn't have a good netcode. I can play SF3:3s with people from the USA or even Europe without major problems by just having GGPO.

But i don't think only on my view. A game can be good as it is, if there isn't many people playing or having interest on it, which is really important for a competitive game, then things don't turn out great, even if i think that DOA5LR is a game that i can play for years and years (which i don't because only the netplay thing).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There is so much that Team NINJA can do. Netcode with their division isn't exactly in their favor, unknown if it's resource related. Not to mention that it's a high quality game that's at least playable even if it isn't great net-wise. Better to be able to play than not at all or having errors constantly.

Anyways, this isn't the topic for that.

Last edited:

Sonicfan11589

I remember there was a time it seemed DOA5 was never gonna come, I think because Itagaki was fired when he had his version of DOA5 in its planning state (I remember he mentioned what he had in mind for the intro). I'm willing to take more DOA5 until DOA6 is ready to be made. Better than nothing is my guess.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'd be fine with any stages from there with the exception of Experimental Playground. I do like jumping over hippos though, I thought that was cool.

Argentus

I'd be fine with any stages from there with the exception of Experimental Playground.
I mostly want

Doa4: gamblers paradise, the seaside market, the cherry blossom stage, the grand hall, the forest bridge.

Doa3: doatec HK, the forest bridge, the undersea base, and we already got lost world and the forest and the place with nao.

Doa2U: the clock tower, the lab, the snow cliff, and a couple others I can't remember right now.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I still want the Crash Club, remixes and all. The great hall/Eternal Helix was also a beautiful stage, the stair transition and falls were epic. XD

Jadeinchains

I'd save the return of some of the old stages, DOA4 had amazing stages that would be great to have added back. Also looking through the old design contest threads Is great to see the reactions to designs that would go on to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD