Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuffie

I looked up the swimsuit packs since DOA5. We got 9 packs of them.
10 if you include the white/black bunny ones.
Dunno where you got 14 packs.

And DOAX3 dlc gets one costume set of 9 costumes not 6, every two weeks now. It used to be 2 sets every two weeks.

As far as this LR thing is going, I'm surprised TN is still pumping dlc every month. Guess people that aren't from the forums buy this crap.
The forum doesn't change, New dlc posted = massive disappointment.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Why are people surprised they are pumping out DLC still? there isn't another announcement until late next year for DOA6 (DOA6 is my prediction anyway), any increase of an upgrade, or some sort of collaboration or whatever the case may be. I thought NEC grand finals explained this already? people should be at least somewhat glad it's providing some type of support for the series.

Like are we expecting them to stop for this year? very unlikely, along with one more Halloween year fan made outfits for users. You either buy or don't for this year since you've got a long way to go.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Why are people surprised they are pumping out DLC still? there isn't another announcement until two years from now for DOA6...

You keep on saying this, but is that really a fact? I don't remember exactly where and from whom you got it and what exactly it said...but it's a strange and unusual information to share with a fan two years in advance. ;)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You keep on saying this, but is that really a fact? I don't remember exactly where and from whom you got it and what exactly it said...but it's a strange and unusual information to share with a fan two years in advance. ;)

Considering the fact that some of you guys don't watch the streams or tournaments. I was there. With "Tom", who works for TN. Who legitimately said "There will be a special announcement upcoming 2018." 2018 is also the last Battle Royale which they will move on for whatever it is they will move on with. My choice is DOA6 because who in the world would announce DLC or any related upgrade contents "2 years" ahead of it's time. Let's be real here.

I previously wrote before on this thread with the DLC codes given to me and mentioned to watch the archive, which some of you didn't (of course some of you didn't, I forgot what I was dealing with in this thread). With the only exception of KwonJigglypuff.

Like are we seriously this gullible or what?

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Considering the fact that some of you guys don't watch the streams or tournaments. I was there. With "Tom", who works for TN. Who legitimately said "There will be a special announcement upcoming 2018." 2018 is also the last Battle Royale which they will move on for whatever it is they will move on with. My choice is DOA6 because who in the world would announce DLC or any related upgrade contents "2 years" ahead of it's time. Obviously it's DOA6.

Like are we seriously this gullible or what?

So it is just a hunch you have?
I'm not even saying you are wrong...I'm just saying please don't sell it as some kind of fact. That might confuse people. ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Although the likely announcement is DOA6, I'll count it as confirmed when they announce it then. As of now it could be anything, and I'm not too thrilled either way if it is the announcement.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So it is just a hunch you have?
I'm not even saying you are wrong...I'm just saying please don't sell it as some kind of fact. That might confuse people. ;)

My "hunch" is DOA6. It's near 2019. That is my prediction. But the insane picks of having DOA6 before that time is a lower probability than mine because they have far too many projects to work on a sequel.

I mean shit, might as well be since majority prediction I came up with were true. Mai Shiranui for example. Is it DOA6? no one knows, but it would also be crazy to not even make one. We are not that insane to expect a sequel this early on when the game continues to receive patches and outfits.

If that's the last Battle Royale, it's likely that DOA5LR wouldn't be too etched up in the tournament which means that something is up for them to end it or toning it down. No one found it funny how it was mentioned as the last Battle Royale for it? like woa really? DOA6 off the bat. No questions there (or not which would be hilarious even for me). It has to be. Shit if I'm wrong, then I'd be shocked.

Although the likely announcement is DOA6, I'll count it as confirmed when they announce it then. As of now it could be anything, and I'm not too thrilled either way if it is the announcement.

If it's anything else that'll be a disappointment because they made people get something to look forward to in two years ahead advancement. Think about it. If it turned to some outfits or collaboration idea, people would lose their shit including me like "We waited two years for this?" - Like holy, the storm we had in here was pretty much sent into a time machine right into the future for glorious disappointment. If you guys want to be disappointed I'm all ears.

But again, we support with what we got right? It's all we have for now and it's not even a guaranteed at this point. No one knows, but let's be completely real here on looking at the timeline compared to the future and the content pushing, we can't be surprised here.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
As far as this LR thing is going, I'm surprised TN is still pumping dlc every month. Guess people that aren't from the forums buy this crap.
The forum doesn't change, New dlc posted = massive disappointment.

You do realize that the people on this forum represent a minority of the people that buy DOA5LR's DLC right? The people on this forum have minimal influence on TN's DLC's practices. People need to look at things from a more realistic & practical mindset. TN's obviously making good money from their current DLC offerings, whereas the casual & legacy sets back in 2013 or whenever didn't sell well (hence why they had that appalling "fetish" DLC phase throughout most of 2014).

It's not necessarily ideal of course, but it's better than nothing. I'm personally happy that TN is still supporting the damn game after 4+ years, whereas a lot of games lose support within their first year. Stuff like the Halloween contests are still entertaining to experience, though of course everyone in here would rather wallow in endless pessimism, cynicism and unrealistic expectations.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As long as the Japanese audience keeps buying it'll keep coming, that's the market they do most of the catering to, I think a lot of people forget that we western players have little influence over the DLC they make.

Lorenzo Buti

What if Team Ninja actually made the Sailor Guardian costumes for one of these girls as part of a DLC for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round?

tumblr_oj1aazyKfR1s7zy0eo1_r4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj1aazyKfR1s7zy0eo2_r3_1280.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That's up to the company and making a contract for collaboration. It's not just them you know, it's where they have to get it from and for them to agree on it.

I have to admit, I am getting a bit tired from the outfit collabs but it's whatever, not my business since I hardly buy any.

Last edited:

Lorenzo Buti

That's up to the company and making a contract for collaboration. It's not just them you know, it's where they have to get it from and for them to agree on it.

I have to admit, I am getting a bit tired from the outfit collabs but it's whatever, not my business since I hardly buy any.
But you gotta know those Sailor Guardian costumes will pretty much get everyone who's a fan of the anime to buy them for each of those girls.

Banana56

What if Team Ninja actually made the Sailor Guardian costumes for one of these girls as part of a DLC for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round?

tumblr_oj1aazyKfR1s7zy0eo1_r4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj1aazyKfR1s7zy0eo2_r3_1280.jpg

I'd honestly love this pack

I have to admit, I am getting a bit tired from the outfit collabs

Tbh I'm ready to move on from DOA5LR. I still love DOA so I'd be hyped for a new game, even if it's a DOAD type game for Nintendo Switch or something.

Lorenzo Buti

Merged this into the normal DLC thread. All DLC discussion stays here. Also, the title was clickbait trash.
First of all, those Sailor Guardian costumes are pretty well made for each of those girls. I understand my idea for a Sailor Moon DLC goes in this thread, but no one should EVER say they're trash. I just hope you'll also like them too, Mr. CyberEvil. :cool:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
First of all, those Sailor Guardian costumes are pretty well made for each of those girls. I understand my idea for a Sailor Moon DLC goes in this thread, but no one should EVER say they're trash. I just hope you'll also like them too, Mr. CyberEvil. :cool:
He didn't say the outfits were trash, he was referring to the thread name as trash. The thread name was clickbait...you had me and other people believing that this was some out of the blue Sailor moon collaboration that TN themselves made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD