Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
He was talking about naotora, not nyotengu.

Yes i do, Momiji and Rachel exist in universe, while the other characters don't.

NG and DOA, same universe, same canon, same timeline. Samurai Warriors, Virtua Fighter and KOF are alien franchises to that.
Still, if the fighter was originally from a different game outside of DOA whether within the same universe or not, you have no right to complain. Just as how people feel Nao doesn't belong there's people who probably feel the same about Rachel and Momiji.

P2p1mbs

I can understand if you simply dislike her, but don't delude yourself by going so far as to say she's not a DOA girl, much less belong in the series. I'm not the biggest fan of the character myself, but the fact of the matter is, she has every right to exist.

Even though her design appears to have a few inspirations and similarities from two certain Touhou characters, Nyotengu herself is not a guest character from another franchise. If anything, she's a conduit that serves to expand on existing lore from DOA, such as the world Bankotsubo (the original Tengu) comes from. With him dead in the canon storyline, Nyotengu has plenty of story potential as a character in future installments, including the Ninja Gaiden series if executed properly. On a final note, she has been so well-received as a character that she has made her way in the DOAX series, helping nix my favorite character (among a few others) from even making it in DOAX3... so good luck getting rid of her anytime soon

I will admit one thing, she has such lovely eyes.

I was exaggerating. It doesnt really matter to me if she does get featured in dlc packs with the doa girls. I meant my comment as a joke :rolleyes:.

Exactly, if you main any of the VFs, Mai, or use Momiji and Rachel who came from the NG series, you have no right to look at her like that.

Again with this? Rachel and Momiji may have first appeared in the NG games but the fact that they are part of the doa and ng shared universe makes them doa girls. THEY. ARE. NOT. GUESTS.

Last edited:

Sotherius

Just as how people feel Nao doesn't belong there's people who probably feel the same about Rachel and Momiji.

Just to put on a more clear example.

If Spider Man appears on a x-men issue, he is not a "guest character", he is not a special appearance, he belongs there.

Now put batman on an x-men issue, that doesn't work, he doesn't belong there (and they tried to crossover marvel x dc once, it was a mess).

Now, you might say: "but naotora is owned by KT", true, so let's say this way...

Does Elsa from Frozen belongs into the x-men universe? No! They're both owned by disney, but they're not the same IP, not the same universe.

That is the difference, and it is pretty clear, Rachel and Momiji = Not guests. Naotora = Guest. Is just a fact.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
He was talking about naotora, not nyotengu.
Oh, so he was. Then I'll own up to my mistake. Still, that avatar confused me at first glance. My apologies, @P2p1mbs.

I can't really say what I previously said about Naotora. She'll have her fans and her time in the sun in DOA, but at the end of the day, she - like other guest characters - is highly expendable as roster additions in the next DOA installment. Despite this, the fact she's even getting DLC costumes can be deduced to two factors... she's really that popular, or Koei is allowing it.

I'm banking on the latter here, since Koei gives them more freedom with slapping on costumes than, say, Sega with their VF characters. Either way, I'm digging these Anna Miller-style costumes.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Or, conversely, it indicates to the execs that no-effort pandering generates more cash than studied focus on gameplay features/mechanics, subtly or not-so-subtly altering the resource allocation of future work. Evidence would certainly suggest that to be the case, unless "the future of our game" has just been hiding completely dormant for three years. Which is possible, though no more or less so than the alternative I suggested.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
That's not the way the Japanese game industry works. There isn't a conspiracy to just keep pumping out DLC solely because it's profitable. Pumping out DLC continues to earn money on the property so execs don't think it's stagnant while the relatively small TN finishes up their current slate of projects that is already too large. They have direct involvement in Nioh, Dissidia, and a couple of others to smaller degrees. Better to avoid the "Is it still relevant?" question altogether, wouldn't you agree?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just food for thought:
Momiji Rachel and Hayabusa weren't really designed for DOA either, then they put them in the game and made them relevant, doesn't mean that they always belonged in this game.

Japan gets the DLC earlier than we do so we can expect more screens probably later tomorrow.

Sotherius

Momiji Rachel and Hayabusa weren't really designed for DOA either

Except you know, the part that hayabusa is a doa character since doa 1... and one of the main characters at that. Hayabusa started on the NES series, yes this is true, but since they decided to include him in DOA 1, they also decided to bring his NG backstory to it, solidifying that DOA since the beginning happens in the NG universe (as zack even being one of ryu's customers in the curio shop back in the old canon), and then, when the 3d ninja gaiden games were made, they were made keeping in mind that Ryu was a DOA character, with ayane even being key part of the plot in the very first 3d ninja gaiden.

Now, since the beginning, the DOAverse is the NGverse, and so, by adding a character to one series, you have that said character on the other, is just obvious.

Naotora is not from NG or DOA, Naotora wasn't made by team ninja, Naotora doesn't have the design of a DOA/NG character, her appearance in DOA 5 is just as canon as nicole is canon in DOA 4. is just a hard fact.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Important to note that there are two different continuities going on with Ninja Gaiden and only the newer one shares a universe with DoA. In any case, this is a DLC thread. Keep conversation focused on that.

Fredi

Hq pics.
The pack is called High Society. Go figure.
C2J-b9aVEAA1Gcy.jpg

C2J-dGXUkAEkJuf.jpg

Mai Shiranui has been ignored!
Naotora Ii, we know her case n_n

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yes i do, Momiji and Rachel exist in universe, while the other characters don't.

NG and DOA, same universe, same canon, same timeline. Samurai Warriors, Virtua Fighter and KOF are alien franchises to that.
Just to put on a more clear example.

If Spider Man appears on a x-men issue, he is not a "guest character", he is not a special appearance, he belongs there.

Now put batman on an x-men issue, that doesn't work, he doesn't belong there (and they tried to crossover marvel x dc once, it was a mess).

Now, you might say: "but naotora is owned by KT", true, so let's say this way...

Does Elsa from Frozen belongs into the x-men universe? No! They're both owned by disney, but they're not the same IP, not the same universe.

That is the difference, and it is pretty clear, Rachel and Momiji = Not guests. Naotora = Guest. Is just a fact.

Time to end this sad excuse of a debate and going back on topic right after this, no you don't. Technical by standards, if the characters can perform holds and respect the DOA mechanics you are treated as a DOA character regardless of what universe they belong in. Your "clear" example is fruition of raw alienation with no intelligence behind it because logic genuinely flies out the window with some of you. A character that doesn't belong is a character that does not follow the game's procedure at all nor respecting the mechanics, yet every single guest character by far has been performing well with it and tournament viable. Not all characters are directly ported because it wouldn't be playable within the game at all. By far TN has done a tremendous job with it compared to Namco's SC with Yoda. Guests have no involvement to the story but if they follow exactly to the game's procedure on DOA, they are characters with DOA models that are considered DOA characters by raw.

As for Momiji and Rachel, they are NG characters that have no role fulfillment to the DOA story. These characters "can" be part of the story should TN wishes to. They are easier to enter than not enter at all, but they are not confirmed to be truly part of the story until further notice. My hunch is that they will be added to the story, but for now, they are not.

This debate loses one's brain cells so glad I got that point out the way.

Still, if the fighter was originally from a different game outside of DOA whether within the same universe or not, you have no right to complain. Just as how people feel Nao doesn't belong there's people who probably feel the same about Rachel and Momiji.

You shouldn't worry about the illogical responses that has been given to you on the alienated topic since clearly logic flies out the window with this thread of users regarding that topic. I myself am not a fan of Naotora but she deserves that costume as much as anyone because she follows the DOA procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now without further ado for going on topic, these costumes is pretty bland. I could of sworn Helena already have something similar to that but more edited to imply it's a whole different costume altogether, but can't complain and not really surprised, unfortunately not everyone in the roster has access so meh.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm kind of glad not everyone has access since the VF girls shouldn't be included in this mediocre pack, and I don't think this would be something any of the males would wear. XD I give that pack atm a 4.6/10 until it either has my preferred footwear or has cloth destruction.

UmbxCrisisx

Time to end this sad excuse of a debate and going back on topic right after this, no you don't. Technical by standards, if the characters can perform holds and respect the DOA mechanics you are treated as a DOA character regardless of what universe they belong in. Your "clear" example is fruition of raw alienation with no intelligence behind it because logic genuinely flies out the window with some of you. A character that doesn't belong is a character that does not follow the game's procedure at all nor respecting the mechanics, yet every single guest character by far has been performing well with it and tournament viable. Not all characters are directly ported because it wouldn't be playable within the game at all. By far TN has done a tremendous job with it compared to Namco's SC with Yoda. Guests have no involvement to the story but if they follow exactly to the game's procedure on DOA, they are characters with DOA models that are considered DOA characters by raw.

As for Momiji and Rachel, they are NG characters that have no role fulfillment to the DOA story. These characters "can" be part of the story should TN wishes too. They are easier to enter than not enter at all, but they are not confirmed to be truly part of the story until further notice. My hunch is that they will be added to the story, but for now, they are not.

This debate loses one's brain cells so glad I got that point out the way.

You shouldn't worry about the illogical responses that has been given to you on the alienated topic since clearly logic flies out the window with this thread of users regarding that topic. I myself am not a fan of Naotora but she deserves that costume as much as anyone because she follows the DOA procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now without further ado for going on topic, these costumes is pretty bland. I could of sworn Helena already have something similar to that but more edited to imply it's a whole different costume all together. But can't complain and not really surprised, unfortunately not everyone in the roster has access so meh.
When a moderator says time to get the chat back in order, I suggest you do it. DLC! We love dlc!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
When a moderator says time to get the chat back in order, I suggest you do it. DLC! We love dlc!
Now without further ado for going on topic, these costumes is pretty bland. I could of sworn Helena already have something similar to that but more edited to imply it's a whole different costume altogether, but can't complain and not really surprised, unfortunately not everyone in the roster has access so meh.

^ No shit. It's pretty obvious I already did on the last bit.

Jadeinchains

I'm kind of glad not everyone has access since the VF girls shouldn't be included in this mediocre pack, and I don't think this would be something any of the males would wear. XD I give that pack atm a 4.6/10 until it either has my preferred footwear or has cloth destruction.

Lol yeah It's not like Naotora getting an outfit kicked another girl out of getting some amazing outfit... It's pretty bland dresses that they are getting. I'll be passing on these my self. I'll wait until the trailer for what is going to be with this season pass, If it's just collabs though...

Brute

Standard Donor
Why is everyone is focused on dichotomizing the whole "guest" label? Not all "guests" receive the same DLC treatment between themselves anyway, so of what relevance is the official label?

That's not the way the Japanese game industry works. There isn't a conspiracy to just keep pumping out DLC solely because it's profitable. Pumping out DLC continues to earn money on the property so execs don't think it's stagnant while the relatively small TN finishes up their current slate of projects that is already too large. They have direct involvement in Nioh, Dissidia, and a couple of others to smaller degrees. Better to avoid the "Is it still relevant?" question altogether, wouldn't you agree?
No. Unless you're KT's bookkeeper.
The basic routines of capitalism are hardly a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD